PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Addition

Imaginears
11-03-2016, 04:31 PM
I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last week and lucked out to see the Trader Sams mugs back in stock! But what really intrigued me was that on checkout, a bellmen told me that the new Hotel being built by Disney would be serviced by the monorail! I know these kind of rumors are unreliable, but it kinda makes sense given that it will be a luxury hotel! Of course I'm still wondering why a monorail station wasn't installed at DGC!!

He also mentioned that DD would be extended to the hotel between ESPN and Rainforest cafe! Anybody else hear anything like this?

olegc
11-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Well, if they are taking away most if the parking lot in dtd in order to build the hotel then that's expected. And , to me, they don't have to add anything to the monorail - just a private entrance on the north side of the current dtd station with its own security entrance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nightwing
11-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Would be nice to have the Monorail again servicing a hotel like it did in the past.

olegc
11-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Well, if you think about it, the Monorail and Dland hotel hVe not moved so while DTD has embedded itself between the two, previously u hut the station and then walked down stairs, past restaurants and shops to the hotel towers. So the service is the same just have to walk past different locales.

Engine74
11-04-2016, 10:30 AM
With what I have seen it would be easy to put a walkway from the new hotel right to the current platform. I would think it would be access like the gate from the Californian into DCA. They could have the gate in the hotel with the security check/ ticket scan station then walk across to the Monorail platform.

LdyApxr
11-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Well, if you think about it, the Monorail and Dland hotel hVe not moved so while DTD has embedded itself between the two, previously u hut the station and then walked down stairs, past restaurants and shops to the hotel towers. So the service is the same just have to walk past different locales.

^^ this! I kept wondering about this because when I went in 88, the monorail stop was at the DLH but people kept saying "They moved the hotel" and that made no sense to me because the towers have not moved but what they meant was "they moved the shops around the monorail stop and it all became DTD" LOL Moving the hotel did not make sense to me.

Nightwing
11-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Yep!