PDA

View Full Version : Patriotic things GUESTS have been doing at the park(s)

rexfarms
09-28-2001, 09:43 PM
I havent been to either park since everthing happened. I was just wondering what kind of patriotic things that Guests have been doing. I am a very patriotic person. So I was just wondering. Thanks. God Bless America!

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 10:14 PM
I have seen some CMs wearing "illegal" items but they were patriotic so they were technically immune since it was american related.

DisneylandBoy
09-29-2001, 11:29 AM
I've heard that a lot of people are wearing red white and blue, or american flags on their clothing.

zapppop
09-29-2001, 11:37 AM
I have an american flag on my backpack.

Mr D
09-29-2001, 07:03 PM
Is that all? Do we not ask why not more is shown? Do we ask for more from others? Let not our impatience for justice dim our resolution......Please point that out to others, its their home too.

Nigel2
09-29-2001, 10:53 PM
The American flag is kind of like the Mona Lisa (hear me out)

If you own anything that has the items (stars and stripes, or the painting) on it, but it isn't the flag/paining then its gawdy and tastless. Ribbons are ok, and pins too, but clothing and so forth is tacky and a disgrace to any flag.

EandCDad
09-30-2001, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
The American flag is kind of like the Mona Lisa (hear me out)

If you own anything that has the items (stars and stripes, or the painting) on it, but it isn't the flag/paining then its gawdy and tastless. Ribbons are ok, and pins too, but clothing and so forth is tacky and a disgrace to any flag.

Actually, wearing a flag as clothing is inappropriate. Wearing clothes with red, white, and blue or stars and stripes is neither gaudy nor tasteless. I'm not sure why there would be a difference between pins and ribbons and clothing. Just like hanging red, white,and blue bunting as a decoration is perfectly appropriate, so is referring to the flag (so to speak) in your clothing.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-30-2001, 10:34 AM
Gaudy and tastless to wear your country's colors??? I've got to question this judgement, Nigel2. By wearing such we are showing our pride in our country. Please don't pass judgement on others for doing something patriotic!

Gandalf
09-30-2001, 10:45 AM
The first week there were so many people wearing patriotic clothing and items. This last week there was a drastic cut in the amount of people wearing patriotic clothing. There are still plenty of flags flying on cars and houses at least.

rexfarms
09-30-2001, 02:54 PM
Wearing patriotic clothing is no disgrace.

tabacco
09-30-2001, 04:09 PM
The trouble with flags on cars is that it leads to lots of flags lying in the median strip of freeways after they've blown off the antenna or wherever.

rexfarms
09-30-2001, 04:25 PM
True, I just found one on the ground, didnt have the heart to burn it. Now its on my car. It just seems sad to burn the flag.