PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Sightings

Pages : [1] 2

dude
12-27-2003, 09:44 PM
This just occured to me to ask: Has anyone seen Maynard at DL recently? I haven't seen him in ages. For those of you who don't know, Maynard is the guy who does weird random things to make guests laugh. Once when I was in line for HM, he jumped onto a trash can and yelled "It's the haunted bowl of mashed potatoes, SQUISHY, SQUISHY!"

Most people know who Maynard is if they frequent the park. I'd like to know if he is still around, he's quite funny.

MonorailMan
12-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Last time I saw him, was not too long ago, at the Jungle Cruise. :)

Andrew
12-27-2003, 10:20 PM
We saw Maynard at the Tiki Room in mid-December.

dude
12-27-2003, 10:25 PM
So he is still around...that's good. What kind of stuff was he doing? He's always got funny things to do. Or has he toned that down?

disneydreams
12-27-2003, 11:30 PM
awwww...I've never met him! :(

Is he still working at HM or only in Adventureland?

Morrigoon
12-27-2003, 11:32 PM
Landlocked out of HM now. Expect to find him at Tiki or Jungle.

TheatreTech
12-27-2003, 11:53 PM
A few weeks ago I talked to him at Great Moments with Mr. Lincon. (is that the official name for it?)

Maynard is really cool. ;) :D
*Does the "Maynard is cool dance" and continues search for happiness*;)

Disneyphile
12-28-2003, 12:09 AM
I still have yet to see him at JC!!! I'm dying to have him as a skipper. :(

disneydreams
12-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Landlocked out of HM now. Expect to find him at Tiki or Jungle.

sucks :( we should do something about it...I heard he was great in HM with his "evil twin" and all

A few weeks ago I talked to him at Great Moments with Mr. Lincon. (is that the official name for it?)

noooo

It's:

The Walt Disney Story: featuring "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln."

if you don't believe me, check your DLR map :p

oh yeah, you spelled Lincoln incorrectly. :D

I wanna meet him at JC as our skipper too :)

dude
12-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Aww, too bad he's not at HM anymore, that's where he did some funny stuff. For example, in the first post, my friends and I thought that the mashed potatoes thing was so funny, we went on HM again to see if Maynard would do it again, but he moved inside by the stairs when you first start the ride. We told him that we regocnized him from outside and he said, "Now you need good music!" He took out a plastic frog and went "Figaro, Figaro!" in a funny voice.

It's good stuff.

PurpleDove33
12-28-2003, 08:23 AM
I remember always hearing about Maynard, but finaly got to meet him. He is so nice. One night I heard he was at the Jungle cruise, and our group was sitting there waiting. A few other CM's asked us if we were going to ride? We said yes, but we were waiting a few boats until Manyard's came up. Let me tell you that was one of the best times on Jungle I had ever had. But before you get on his boat, make sure you bladder is not full, because you will laugh a lot.
Also on another night, I was tired and was leaving after the first Fantasmic, going thru Adventureland and saw Maynard at the tiki room. And I think just because I was so tired and of course I was sitting right under one of the main birds, he kind of picked on me by putting a napkin on my head. He was very funny doing his tikiboy dance.

Photographer
12-28-2003, 09:01 AM
ROTFLMAO Maynard is hilarious. AT HM, I walked into the elevator and yelled "Yippy! It's Maynard!" He didn't even flinch. He just told everyone to "make like potatoes and squishy squishy into the center."

I've also seen him at the Tiki Room. We talked before the show and when it was time to go inside, he put me in the front row near Fritz. He also put a napkin over my head to protect me from the birds. On one of my last trips there, I had him autograph my penny press book. The inscription reads:

Lisa
Eat figs- Not worms.
Maynard 10-05-03
There's a cartoon drawing as well.

I wish that Disney would put him to work as the voice of cartoon characters. He's quite talented.

TheatreTech
12-28-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by disneydreams
It's:
The Walt Disney Story: featuring "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln."
if you don't believe me, check your DLR map :p
oh yeah, you spelled Lincoln incorrectly. :D

Ya, I guess I should have used a map.:rolleyes:
...so my spelling's a little off....:rolleyes: (It was almost 1am:cool: )

Disneyphile
12-28-2003, 11:45 AM
I'm wondering if he'll ever go over to ToT once it's complete? He'd be a fun bellcaptain. :D

dude
12-28-2003, 12:26 PM
That would be fun to see, I can imagine it now. It'd give me a reason to go to DCA, lol. :D

Morrigoon
12-28-2003, 12:43 PM
disneydreams:
Nobody will miss the HM Maynard more than I, however, he is better off in "performance" heavy attractions, rather than operations-heavy ones.

Hmm... Maynard at ToT... the mind boggles..... :fez:

dude
12-28-2003, 01:44 PM
I just realized this: I saw Maynard at HISTA a little while ago. At the end of the show he got out a puppet of a little mouse (not Mickey) and he had a conversation with it. It went something like this:

Maynard: "So Mr. Mouse how did you enjoy the show?"

Puppet: "It was fun but that kitty cat was real mean. You know what we should do with him?"

Maynard: "What Mr. Mouse?"

Puppet: "We should put the kitty cat on a table, take aim, and shoot him!"

It was funny because he did this high voice for the mouse so it sounded like a little kid.

DrIndianaJones
12-28-2003, 10:04 PM
I may have had him once or twice on JC a few years back, I don't really remember since I wasn't paying attention to names. I'll have to ask about him when I am there on the 2nd and 5th of Jan.

PurpleDove33
12-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I forgot this one thing I was going to say in the other post. Although I can't remember the addy, but I found online a fan web site for Maynard and it gave a snail mail addy you could drop him a note. And I actually got a card back from him in his own writing. That card is put in a special place and it was totally cool getting it.

disneydreams
12-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by PurpleDove33
I forgot this one thing I was going to say in the other post. Although I can't remember the addy, but I found online a fan web site for Maynard and it gave a snail mail addy you could drop him a note. And I actually got a card back from him in his own writing. That card is put in a special place and it was totally cool getting it.

agh i screwed up this thread (http://ads.mouseplanet.com/cgi/ad/adcycle.cgi?gid=42&t=_top&id=1761&type=iframe) when I was trying to respond to yours. stupid me.

anyways, the website was www.maynardhomepage.com I think but it's gone..

Buttercup
12-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Just got back from 6 days at DL/DCA and saw Maynard in Tiki Room on Dec 19. He was terrific as always!! The kids thought he was wonderful and asked why the other CM's weren't as funny.

pixiepal
12-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Met Maynard once at HM last July. He was loading doombuggies. I said "Hey Maynard!" and he said (motioning to my backpack) "Ooh. I am glad you brought your parachute. You might need it." And then he took out a flashlight and shined it into his palm where he had a little plastic lizard, and did a funny little noise. My husband, who has no idea about Maynard, was all "What the ....?"
I, of course, was dying laughing...
MAYNARD ROCKS!

Buttercup
01-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Here is Maynard's website; http://www.maynardhomepage.net/

Andrew
01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Buttercup
Here is Maynard's website; http://www.maynardhomepage.net/

Just to be clear--that site is about Maynard, and does have his approval, but is not actually his site.

ToursbabeC3po
01-07-2004, 12:55 PM
My buddy Maynard Has been at The Walt Disney Story "Great Moments....." on Main street and Tiki Room......