PDA

View Full Version : DCA's Festival of Holidays Menu

olegc
11-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Wow. I just checked out the menus for the Festival booths. I am intrigued by many items - and it seems like there are more booths now than with Food and Wine Festival. For those that don't partake - maybe the lines will be shorter elsewhere in the park (except, of course, for Lobster Nachos).

LOOK HERE FOR DESCRIPTIONS (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/complete-guide-to-festive-eats-at-new-festival-of-holidays-in-disney-california-adventure-park/)

Malcon10t
11-01-2016, 05:59 PM
OMG sounds so good! We are only there 2 weeks at Christmas, I hope to have enough time to try it all!!

cstephens
11-01-2016, 06:52 PM
OMG sounds so good! We are only there 2 weeks at Christmas, I hope to have enough time to try it all!!

I already have one plan in place - go pick up some tamales, stake out a spot for Viva Navidad show.

Mickeygirlforever
11-02-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm super excited as well! I'm hoping they have little passports, or something listed with all the food like at Food and Wine to keep track of what I want to try!

Malcon10t
11-02-2016, 09:44 AM
I already have one plan in place - go pick up some tamales, stake out a spot for Viva Navidad show.Can I join you??

Niwel
11-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Yes!:

Nosh & Nibbles

Brisket Potato Croquette with horseradish crème
Sweet Spiced Noodle Kugel
Reuben Potato Smash with Russian dressing and Rye toast

It's a Chanukah miracle!

Nikara
11-02-2016, 07:22 PM
This food looks incredible! I'm excited to enjoy many different options after running the Avengers Half.

cstephens
11-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Can I join you??

Of course!

LdyApxr
11-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Dang it! We get in on the 12th and they finish on the 8th! All of that looks so good!

CariBelle
11-08-2016, 12:00 PM
I asked for allergen information on the booths and Disney replied that each booth would have that info., but it wouldn't be available beforehand. They also advised that the items served are made in very small kitchen areas so cross contamination is at high risk. Just FYI for anyone else with an allergy!

olegc
11-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Btw soft open of Festival today. Entertainment, food, etc. (Tuesday)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nikara
11-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Started tasting these yesterday! Food-wise, I tried the Turkey Slider, Crab Cake, and Braised Beef Short Rib. They were all really good and filling, but I definitely think they they were priced as too expensive. Drinks wise, I had the normal Cider (which is really just a typical cider), the Warm Holiday Spiced Wine (which was pretty good), and the Warm Bourbon Cider (which was by far my favorite, and delicious).

The prices really do feel high for all of the options. I was surprised by how empty most of the booths were yesterday, even though the parks themselves were packed. Maybe because APs were blocked? The food was quite good, but not really large enough for how much they were charging.

olegc
11-12-2016, 08:07 AM
I have read from other major bloggers that the prices are turning people away.DTB said that the Wharf's food locations had massive lines while festival booths were empty. I also think prices across the board are higher than the previous festival.

It's way early but it feels like DCA strategy when it first opened - people will come and they will be willing to pay since they're here. The whole DCA fun pass and this festival - I wonder. It's just the first week and the word might get out. We'll have to see.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cstephens
11-14-2016, 06:45 AM
I was surprised by how empty most of the booths were yesterday, even though the parks themselves were packed.

I really wanted to try them, especially when I noticed there were really no lines, but walking from booth to booth to get food did not sound like fun on a race weekend for me.

Gone2Disneyland
11-14-2016, 07:01 AM
As a Filipino guy, I was eager to try the adobo pork bao. It was a good portion and I really enjoyed it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMmp6Nfh-q3/

Then I tried the Kalua pork slider. Wow! The bun was about 2" in diameter for eight bucks. That's all I've tried so far, but the ratio of cost to portion on the slider was a reality check. It appears much larger in my photo than it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMm5YZohY2V/

Spoke to a friend last night who told me he tried one of the tamale's and he was shocked at how tiny it was. So yeah, the high cost is definitely off-putting for those of us who's spent the money.

Also, after reviewing the list of offerings again, somehow there are less here I'm interested in trying than there were during the last Food and Wine Festival earlier this year. The only thing I really wanna try is the Holiday Eggnog Cocktail. The rest... (shrugs)

Berry Princess
11-14-2016, 01:32 PM
I noticed walking around that there was no lines for the booths at all. I did spring for the Eggnog Cheesecake but that was it. It was good. That was $4.95 for a slice. The size reminded me of what I would cut from a Sara Lee cheesecake. LOL It is one of those things that if you don't like eggnog you won't like that. Most of what was at the booths though were not things I would touch but I am a picky eater so there is that. I can see how the prices would turn people off though for sure.

CariBelle
11-18-2016, 08:59 AM
There were things I wanted to try, but not for the steep price. There were zero lines at an of the booths as we walked around on Tuesday. Compare that to a 30 minute wait at Cove Bar.

pretty Omi
11-18-2016, 11:00 AM
We went last Friday. The parks were very busy, but there were still no lines for any of the booths. The prices are indeed high for the small servings you get, but we came specifically to try at least a few, so we enjoyed ourselves. I think they were good, but not worth the high price. We were really disappointed they didn't do the thing like Food and Wine where you could get the little $40 thing, that got you so many? Also there are NO discounts, not even CM discounts, which my friend was a little bummed about.
As we were eating, other guests would ask us how it was, and we'd tell them it was good, but then they'd see the price and scoff and keep walking.
Here's everything we tried:
Winter Mint Milk Tea (extremely small serving, like free water cup at regular fast food size)
Chicken & Potato Curry with Kefir cream and grilled naan (this was the best value, biggest serving we had out of everything)
Carrot & Chickpea Fritters with coriander-almond sauce (also very small serving, even compared to the other foods)
Kalua Pork Slider with pineapple jam and cider slaw (a single small slider for $8, that one was a little painful, but DELISH)
Eggnog Cheesecake with spiced whipped cream
Mini Turkey Pot Pie with cranberry drizzle
Chicken Cilantro Tamale with roasted Tomatillo salsa verde
Beef and Cheese Tamale with red chili sauce (both tamales were good, but I couldn't help but feel a little sour grapes knowing you could get the whole tamale plate with TWO tamales, beans, rice, etc, for not much more at the food court on the wharf)
Pomegranate Margarita (REALLY YUMMY)
Overall we did enjoy it, and the food was tasty, but yeah, it was still just really pricey, even for park food.

DisneyFunFamily4
11-21-2016, 09:23 PM
We found the prices high too. We just returned from 10 days at WDW and spent a lot of time eating around the world at F&W. We tried the Turkey slider at DCA last weekend (they were out of the pork) and found it lacking, especially since we could go to Earl Of Sandwich and get a whole Holiday sandwich for $6.99. At F&W one of the most expensive items was the lobster roll for $7.50 but most items were around $5 and i think dessert were sometimes as low as $3-4. I'd love to try some more of the offerings at DCA but I dont think we will unless they lower the prices.

cstephens
12-27-2016, 11:07 AM
We had a chance to try some of the food offerings from the carts for Festival of Holidays. I've posted pics and comments on my Twitter feed here. (https://twitter.com/cstephens2) You don't need to join Twitter to read, just click on the link and scroll through the posts. Hoping I'll get a chance later in the week to try the other stuff we didn't have time for yesterday.

We also listened to Raise for a little while. They were very energetic and were very popular with the crowd. I didn't like them as much as I like some other a capella groups. Heard a tiny bit of Mostly Kosher. They seemed good.

We did catch the Holiday Toy Drummers. Loved them. Definitely try to catch them if you can.

Berry Princess
12-27-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm a picky eater so most the food offerings were not for me. Now when we went last time though I did get the gingerbread bundt cake. That was really yummy. Later we grabbed a white hot chocolate with the peppermint marshmallow (super yummy but did get a little sweet towards the end), ginger spice cookie (the 3 of us loved that one) and the candy cane chocolate one (was ok but chocolate ended up to dark for my taste). Thanks for sharing what you tried cstephens. I took pics of what I had but don't do SM. Will have to put them up under my name here when I can.