PDA

View Full Version : Who is responsible for Ouimet being hired?

scaeagles
12-26-2003, 04:00 PM
He (and Emmer, and others he has brought in) is certainly making positive changes around DL.....who is responsible for his hire?

If it is Eisner....then has Eisner recognized the errors of his ways?

If it is not Eisner, then surely those that were responsible for bringing Ouimet is understnad what direction Eisner was taking DL, and that cannot be good for Eisner. Was is the board of directors who brought him in?

merlinjones
12-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Jay Rasulo, new head of that overall parks division, most likely brought Ouimet over from cruise ships to replace the Dl disaster course (or had something to do with it).

Pirate Girl
12-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Are all the great refurbs going on around the park (for example painting on mainstreet and space mountain) his doing or did they start before Cynthia quit?

BJW
12-27-2003, 12:12 AM
All the fans of Disneyland are truly responsible for Ouimet being hired. With the hundreds of guest complaints pouring in daily Disneyland would not have lasted much longer with the old regime in place. Even an idiot like Eisner would know that. Change was inevitable.

BJW
12-27-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 100thGrimGrinningGhost
Are all the great refurbs going on around the park (for example painting on mainstreet and space mountain) his doing or did they start before Cynthia quit?
I would believe so because nothing like this happened with Cynthia or Paul in place. Also, I've noticed during my last trip that there were hardly any ride breakdowns. (For rides not in rehab) I was there for a week and the only two downtimes I noticed were Mulholland and Zephyr, and those were probably from the rain. Also, rides are looking better and the capacity was better. (More maintenance means more vehicles on ride tracks.) This goes along with what Al Lutz said about Ouimet delegating some of the responsibility of attractions away from T Irby and to a new attractions manager. (I forget his name.) Cynthia should have done this a long time ago but never did.

Pirate Girl
12-27-2003, 11:40 AM
This is great. I was reading good tings about him before all the refurbs started. It's nice to know that these things can in fact be done...if the people in charge want them to happen. I can't wait to see what else is in store. Perhaps something for Tomorrowland!

efoxx
12-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Ouimet was given the job by Rasulo because Rasulo was looking for somebody he could trust to fix what he saw as an obvious problem.
Rasulo was given the job be eisner because eisner needed to put somebody in charge of theme parks who at least looked like he knew what he was doing.

the question is did eisner expect Rasulo to actually care enough to spend some money? or did eisner think that he would be able to just dictate to Rasulo?

cryan71
12-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by scaeagles
He (and Emmer, and others he has brought in) is certainly making positive changes around DL.....who is responsible for his hire?

It was me. I was on the lot a few months ago and ran into Eisner and Rasulo in the elevator of the Team Disney Building on my way up for lunch at the Rotunda. And I just happen to mention how nice it would be if Cynthia would resign and Ouimet take over DLR.

Well, of course, they weren't too keen to the idea.

Then I said, if Ouimet comes onboard, he could restore the park to its greatness.

They still weren't totally convinced.

Then I said, it would stick it to Al Lutz and put him out of a job and the MousePadders would become as docile and harmless as Laughing Place drones.

Well, that was the topper. Eisner called assistant number 3 from his cell phone as the elevator asking her to get Cynthia on the phone. Rasulo was on his cell phone giving Ouimet the news.

and the rest is history...

(p.s. you should hear what I said to Roy Disney when I took a wrong turn in the Old Animation Building and walked right into his office accidently about a month and half ago)

cstephens
12-28-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by cryan71
Then I said, it would stick it to Al Lutz and put him out of a job and the MousePadders would become as docile and harmless as Laughing Place drones.

Umm, excuse me, but is it really necessary to bash other websites and/or their participants? Some of us participate on both boards, you know, and each board has its own character.

LilSimba
12-29-2003, 02:59 AM
I think Walt personally asked God to put him in place. I'd say he thought enough was enough.

Cadaverous Pallor
12-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Umm, excuse me, but is it really necessary to bash other websites and/or their participants? Not necessary, but funny. :D

Geez, can't anyone take a smart-alecky joke anymore? ;)

Oh, and my theory as to the placement of Ouimet - the pendulum needs to swing back sometime.