PDA

View Full Version : Hooray, I'm moving to Orlando....

mikala
12-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Just had to share some great news. We live in Las Vegas, and go to Disneyland at least 5 times a year at about 3-4 days each time. We are Annual Passholders, but due to my husbands re-location we're moving to Orlando. Hooray. I am sooooo excited. We would love some opinions on Orlando and Disney World if you have any to share. We are moving around June (Date is not exact as of yet).

Just had to share.... :)

Andrew
12-26-2003, 04:00 PM
This is a duplicate of this post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=324903#post324903) in the WDW forum. Please use that thread for this discussion.

Loric
12-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Ever been before?

If not, it's much bigger than you think it is. Epcot alone is larger than all of Disneyland combined.

WDW has a very weird "Disney Culture." Not the pass-weilding APs everyone talks about in southern Cali, but rather a strange Utopian feel. Disney has it's own roads and street signs. Everybody "UP Buckle!" (You'll figure it out the first time you drive out of the place..)

You have to be in WDW to see WDW. It's not really visible from the highways or other roads. It's sort of hidden away from everything - intentionally. The only major building visible from a highway is the Casting building (where everyone at WDW is hired) and that's a surreal sight in and of itself.

I suggest wandering in one day and maybe applying for a job just to get the experience. It's surreal.

You have to TRY to get lost. Signs even tell you how to get back to the place you were going after you pass the exit you needed to take.

There's a whole lotta monorail. The Epcot loop is looooong. Colors off the top of my head: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Lime, Gold, Silver, Coral, Pink, Black, Orange, and Purple.

What else.. oh yes, there IS a ride in the 18 story silver golf ball. The Carousel of Progress is open to the public.