PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn Refurbishment

Thomas
09-28-2001, 08:16 PM
I am going to DLR on 10/13 and wanted to ride Matterhorn. I haven't ridden it since it reopened during the summer. It shows that it is closed for rehab. Does anyone know why so soon and how long will it be closed.

Thanks

DisneylandKid
09-28-2001, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know what they are doing to the Matterhorn? IS it getting Fastpass? I heard it got new bobsleds...is this true?

Disney Fan Matt
09-28-2001, 09:48 PM
I don't think that it got new bobsleds.
But on the Fantasyland side there was lots of new effects the last time I went on a few weeks ago.
For example the Abominable Snowman has more modern looking purple eyes, and there is a lot of fog in some scenes that I haven't seen before.
I imagine that they are doing the same now for the Tommorowland side.

Gauchograd99
09-28-2001, 10:12 PM
I can tell you what I was told by cast members:
"It seems that the Matterhorn itself needs reinforcement with steel girders, or it would have to be torn down and rebuilt. Rather than tear down the "Original" they are reinforcing the mountain this time little by little. There will probably be another refurbishment setup either between the end of New Years and Spring Break or from Spring Break to Summer.... possibly both."
This is the information I was given, and it would explain the comments made before by Imagineers (reported by Al) that they would not let their families ride the Matterhorn due to safety issues.