PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday 2016

cstephens
10-23-2016, 01:08 AM
We finally had a chance to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday last Sunday. We didn't see the monkey bride. We rode again today, and I was able to spot her. She is very sneakily hidden.

She's on the left hand side, immediately after you enter the attic. She's actually behind a wooden pillar, and you have to look up a bit from your seated position to see her. You can see a bit of her veil that pokes out past the pillar, but if you wait until you pass her and look around your doombuggy, it's easy to spot her red beating heart. I didn't get as good a look at her, but when we went on the ride again, the husband said she's sitting down on a crossbeam, so she's even shorter than normal.

On both rides today, I was so preoccupied with looking for the monkey bride that I didn't notice much else in the attic. On the second ride, it looked like there was more stuff on the left hand side than I'd seen before, so I'll have to pay more attention next time.

In the ballroom, the husband noticed that one of the plates on the table has been broken by the giant spool of thread. I missed the hidden Mickey in the snow that they've had in previous years but not this year.

Still really wish that they sold wrapping paper like the ones used to wrap gifts in the attic.

amazedncal
10-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Thank you for the info. on the monkey bride. We rode HMH 3 times and drove ourselves a little "crazy" trying to spot her :)

Shortpix77
10-23-2016, 11:20 AM
Still really wish that they sold wrapping paper like the ones used to wrap gifts in the attic.

SO DO I. I found some on Etsy last year, but it was insanely expensive. I'd buy so much of this if they sold it. Ribbons too.

amazedncal
10-23-2016, 05:36 PM
Hoping this is OK to add to the information :) Be on the lookout for a new NOS character in the graveyard! (I'm not sure how to do a spoiler) It's shortly after you see Jack and Zero.

Malcon10t
10-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Hoping this is OK to add to the information :) Be on the lookout for a new NOS character in the graveyard! (I'm not sure how to do a spoiler) It's shortly after you see Jack and Zero.Use the word SPOILER inside brackets and then / spoiler (all one word) inside brackets to end it.

Yes, Sally is leaning on a headstone staring at Jack. There was SOMEONE (MDM) who COMPLETELY missed her....

tea4two
10-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Yes, the monkey bride is VERY sneakily hidden this year!

stan4d_steph
10-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Still really wish that they sold wrapping paper like the ones used to wrap gifts in the attic.There's a lot of stuff I'm really surprised they don't sell from the HMH overlay. I wouldn't mind them making the snow angel ornaments again. I'm bummed I never bought one back in the day.

tea4two
10-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Has anyone spotted the Sally box yet?

amazedncal
10-25-2016, 07:25 AM
Thank you Malcon10t :)
Testing:
[SPOILER this is a test/SPOILER]

amazedncal
10-25-2016, 07:27 AM
LOL! sorry everyone. I'm a lost cause. Now back to the original thread.

shna
10-25-2016, 11:47 AM
LOL! sorry everyone. I'm a lost cause. Now back to the original thread.

You were close! You need to put a ] after the first SPOILER, and then a [ before the /SPOILER (So, two completed sets of braces)

Malcon10t
10-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Thank you Malcon10t :)
Testing:
[SPOILER this is a test/SPOILER]Try it like this

{spoiler}insert the stuff to box{/spoiler}

except replace { with [

cstephens
10-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Has anyone spotted the Sally box yet?

Sally has two boxes. The first one is fairly prominent, a big tall box on the right hand side shortly after the Hatbox Ghost. The second box is right in front of Santa Jack, next to Zero, right before the cemetery, and the box has a label addressed to Jack.

tea4two
10-27-2016, 02:30 AM
I did catch the one by Jack in the cemetery, but missed the one by the Hatbox Ghost. Oh well, just another excuse to ride again!