PDA

View Full Version : "Millionaire" info

Pages : [1] 2

tombgolfing
12-24-2003, 09:02 PM
hope to see some friends at play it on the 1st.we sure have had a nice year at dca this year and hope next year has as many good suprises as our baby boy was this year. merry xmas and hope our san diego friend gets in the hotseat the 31st.

luvsdca
12-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Are you planning to be there for all the shows? Haven't seen you three in ages!

Was just there this afternoon and had my final hotseat appearance of the year. Got the 32,000 question but missed the 64,000 (Did you know that the Eastern Goldfinch songbird is related to the state bird of Iowa?.. I didn't even know that a Goldfinch was a songbird - I did 50-50 and was left with Bluebird and Eastern Goldfinch and picked Bluebird just cause it sounded like it would be a songbird. Oh well...)

A cruise would have been a nice Chirstmas present, but a polo shirt and baseball hat and 10 collectable pins are really quite nice, too!

Happy Holidays to you ( and KB and MJB)!

p

tombgolfing
12-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah, we will be at all the shows and hang out with you guys during the break.

We miss seeing you too. We keep looking for you all up around 177.

Happy Holidays!

RonJohn
12-27-2003, 11:34 AM
I must say that you must attend all 5 of the shows. I love the game and I love playing it. I know I am addicted to it. I have been going there for about a year and I love it. I have been in the Hot seat 4 times and Loved each time. Hope to see lots of people there on the 11th of january! That is the next time I will be attending!

RonJohn

tombgolfing
12-27-2003, 04:03 PM
went to the fri. 5 0'clock show. only one person in the hotseat. he missed the 125000 ques.it went like this. what does the yanh stand for male or female? thats fmom the yin and the yanh.

dude
12-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Is it female? I have no idea, just guessing.

tombgolfing
12-27-2003, 09:43 PM
my wife knew that it was male becauce a male friend of hers used part of the answer in his screen name. I had no idea.

tombgolfing
12-28-2003, 10:47 AM
anything interesting happen thijsweekend?

dude
12-28-2003, 01:32 PM
I wasn't there this weekend, I was blocked out. Besides, I have a lot of work to do. With any luck, I will be there on the 4th, and I will be eligible again on the 10th.

luvsdca
12-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by tombgolfing
my wife knew that it was male becauce a male friend of hers used part of the answer in his screen name. I had no idea.

Googled yin & yang and found this info...

The idea of yin & yang is from Chinese philosophy. The yin and yang represent all the opposite principles one finds in the universe. They balance and create each other.

Under yang are the principles of maleness, the sun, creation, heat, light, Heaven, dominance, and so on.

Under yin are the principles of femaleness, the moon, completion, cold, darkness, material forms, submission, and so on.

Hmmm... hadn't seen questions about Eastern philosophy or religion for a while... wonder is they are going to start showing up again?

-p

luvsdca
12-30-2003, 07:18 AM
anything interesting happen thijsweekend?

You should have been there with your Millionaire Jacket! Five jackets made an appearance (four from CA and one from FL). It was fun to see so many of them at one time!

Also, two very smart "youngsters" got into the hotseat (14-year-old "Little Tod" was one of them and an 11-year-old girl from La Habra was the other). They both got into the top tier. The 11-year-old girl got to the 250K question.

Ken was her host and he was very impressed with her poise and brains! He paid her a very nice complement when she was leaving the hotseat. I wish I could remember exactly what he said because it was very touching. But it was something to the effect of ... if she was representative of the future of our world then we are all in good hands.

It was all quite exciting!

-p

tombgolfing
12-30-2003, 10:48 PM
thanks for sharing.we had a very nice time with the two davids in las vegas. karen rode the ride with the david from texas ,two time winner, on the top of the stratophere. a malibommer type ride. can't wait to play on the first. lots of flu at the children's home. so far baby has been well. hope to see some friends on the 1st

tombgolfing
01-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Mr.Todd played a wonderful game today.He got up to 64 thousand with ease. When he got to the million point question ,you had a feeling that it was going to be hard.It was about which of these singers originally was named john ramistella
a.johnny rivers b.johnny winters c.east side johnny.d.can't remember.It turned out to be rivers.Mr.Todd picked east side.
What a good game. Mr.todd will be a two time winner soon.On a different note my baby boy got the first decline of the year, with the help of a dog pound friend.Only one woffer at millionaire today.My wife got into the hotseat today also she missed the 125000 ques.What was the name of nthe mascot for the university of Richmond?Lots of fun and laughs .See you at DCA agin soon ....

Edited to remove blank space at end of post --Steph

motoxmagicdca
01-01-2004, 11:28 PM
I love Little todd

Little tod
01-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Why, precisely? I find this fascinating, seeing as earlier you condemned me after my anti-Dogpound attitudes.

motoxmagicdca
01-02-2004, 06:49 PM
im over the dog pound bashing....... cause everyone is entitled to their opinion and that was just yours. and i dont really participate with the dog pound i just think their swell people

ps can you check your private messages box.. thanks

motoxmagicdca
01-04-2004, 05:59 PM
there was another almost million pt winner today.. he failed going fer the million.. i feel awfully bad fer him but eh what can i do? i was actually more upset that he didnt get the million cause i wanted to play in the confetti

and A dog pound memeber(cough cough) got up to 250 thou i think he played a swell game too

they gave lots of polo shirts out today

and the audience was wrong alot too.. odd

P.s. little tod im sorry.. check you messages again and please!! w/b thanks

Polar33
01-04-2004, 06:39 PM
I talked to someone I know in Tech Services and he told me that a parkwide announcement has been recorded to be used whenever there is a million point winner. Now all the DCA guests will learn about the million point milestone, not just the few hundered in the soundstage.

luvsdca
01-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
I talked to someone I know in Tech Services and he told me that a parkwide announcement has been recorded to be used whenever there is a million point winner. Now all the DCA guests will learn about the million point milestone, not just the few hundered in the soundstage.

That's great news! Hopefully, it will draw more visitors to see the games. Lots of guests don't realize that they can actually win stuff.

During the busy season, I wish they'd even announce the 32K winners so that more out-of-town visitors would realize that they might be able to take home some cool souveniers... for free!

Thanks for the info, Polar33.

kflo
01-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Yes, I too have heard about the announcement... I heard about that around 2 months ago... It takes a while for things like that to go through.

and lately yes, the audience has been wrong... how sad... I am glad to see the Cypress Millionaires around, you know who you are... P.S. thanks guys for the toliet paper and my pirate back... No hard feelings... I thought 2 others did it but they fessed up... haha... I'll cya around... Hopefully in 2 wks...

Peace...

timl33
01-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Ah, so that's who Todd is. Funny, I thought I remember him mentioning that he hadn't gotten in the hot seat yet, and was just trying to match his son, who made it to 64,000 or so.

I was 4th on the fast finger question on that show, and played along decently well until 32,000 when I missed a question. We were cheering pretty loudly for him when he reached the million, but alas it wasn't to be.

Good luck next time. Hopefully you'll see me winning the million one of these days.

Mr.Todd played a wonderful game today.He got up to 64 thousand with ease. When he got to the million point question ,you had a feeling that it was going to be hard.It was about which of these singers originally was named john ramistella
a.johnny rivers b.johnny winters c.east side johnny.d.can't remember.It turned out to be rivers.Mr.Todd picked east side.
What a good game. Mr.todd will be a two time winner soon.On a different note my baby boy got the first decline of the year, with the help of a dog pound friend.Only one woffer at millionaire today.My wife got into the hotseat today also she missed the 125000 ques.What was the name of nthe mascot for the university of Richmond?Lots of fun and laughs .See you at DCA agin soon ....

Edited to remove blank space at end of post --Steph

tod
01-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by timl33
Ah, so that's who Todd is. Funny, I thought I remember him mentioning that he hadn't gotten in the hot seat yet, and was just trying to match his son, who made it to 64,000 or so.

One "D," if you please.

And actually, I never said that I had never been in the Hot Seat before. That would be a lie. What I do -- and the Little tod and The Lovely Mrs. tod do as well -- is shift the interest to somebody else when asked about being in the Hot Seat.

Like: "There's my son, he got up to 64,000 the other day."

The fastest way to lose the sympathy of the audience is to say you've been in the Hot Seat before. Saying you've been in the Hot Seat ten times will make them angry. Saying you won the million will put them in a lynching mood.

So I point out my kid and say I'm proud of him.

I was 4th on the fast finger question on that show, and played along decently well until 32,000 when I missed a question. We were cheering pretty loudly for him when he reached the million, but alas it wasn't to be.

Good luck next time. Hopefully you'll see me winning the million one of these days.

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

--T

timl33
01-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Ah yes, I do remember the quote now. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that you were just trying to best your son for the first time. Of course, I hadn't met you before so I had no idea what to expect.

That having been said, I don't mind finishing 4th in the fast finger to you 2. (He was the fastest, right?)

Originally posted by tod

"There's my son, he got up to 64,000 the other day."

--T

tod
01-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by timl33
Ah yes, I do remember the quote now. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that you were just trying to best your son for the first time. Of course, I hadn't met you before so I had no idea what to expect.

That having been said, I don't mind finishing 4th in the fast finger to you 2. (He was the fastest, right?)

Actually, we didn't rank highly in the Fastest Finger, and the fastest guy was a "masher" who just punched buttons. I don't even remember if we made the Leader Board.

When that contestant got one wrong, my son and I ranked one-two on the Leader Board. My son was ineligible, so I took the Hot Seat. Elise picked up on the fact that the top two scorers were sitting next to each other and one was ineligible: she asked my son when he was in the Hot Seat last and how he did. He said a few weeks ago and 64,000, and Elise said to me, "So you want to beat him, you've got that father-son thing going" and that was that. I didn't have to say anything about my record in the Hot Seat, which is just fine by me.

--T

dude
01-05-2004, 09:49 AM
I have been in the Hot Seat a few times and I know by experience that you do not let the audience know that you have been there before. They will boo if they are really restless, but most of the time they will just do a light golf-clap. I once went down wearing my 32k shirt and the audience didn't like it. Now I wear my website's shirt and a Chargers hat when I am eligible. If you have been in the Hot Seat before, and you get there again, don't say that you have been there before, bad things can happen.

Also, yesterday, Ken goofed up a question and they had to switch stacks. The question was like: "Dr." is the abbreviation for what? The "Dr." was supposed to be read as D-R, but Ken read it as "Doctor" which gave him the answer. They decided to switch stacks, and while they were doing that, Ken asked the contestant what he did for a living. The contestant was a doctor.