PDA

View Full Version : disneydream's DLR visit 12/20-12/23

disneydreams
12-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Just came back from DLR yesterday with my mom. It was alright

stayed at the Anaheim Marriott, the room was small, didn't eat at the hotel either. We just went to their Starbucks :)

Saturday
-couldn't hear for a few hours.
-ears popped (ow)
-seems a little crowded in the evening
-we didn't really do anything that day in DL
-I finally went to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
-didn't really pay attention so I had to go a second time cuz we were studying slavery and Lincoln in History. :)
-I FINALLY saw Haunted Mansion the Movie at AMC
-ate at Naple's...the food and service wasn't very good. I had pasta or something and the sauce and stuff was all ready dried up and stuff. Mom didn't really like her Risotto.
-ice cream at Gibson Girl
-shopping
-got pooped on by bird...luckily it was on my hat
-a little drizzle?
-took forever for the ART shuttle to come
-Christmas Fantasy Parade
-Fireworks

Sunday
-crowd was tolerable
-went on Matterhorn, HMH, POTC, Indy, Autopia
-DISNEY GALLERY!
-ate at DCA Pacific Wharf Café, which was fine
-shopping
-forgot what the weather was like

Monday
-EXTREMELY crowded
-warm weather
-long lines
-Matterhorn, HMH (3x), Indy, Autopia (2x), Dumbo, and Pinocchio
-freaked everyone out with the bamboo pole at Indy YAY!
-more shopping
-bought ice cream for mom
-Aladdin at DCA
-at at Plaza Inn-alright
-took forever for ART shuttle to come
-jeez the lines at the front gate were so long even in the evening
-ate at Catal for dinner
-I thought my salmon was good:)
-there were some ppl at Fantasyland that seemed drunk.
-a lot of ppl at Plaza Pavilion...wth?

Tuesday Morning
-went to the park unusually early
-HMH twice in a row since line's so short
-kinda broke down for a few minutes while on the ride
-second time I was right under the air conditioner
-got FP to Indy, but BROKE DOWN, even the bamboo pole thingy broke! :p
-Matterhorn BROKE DOWN before, but then it was back up so we went on that
-went to Toontown
-pictures with Goofy, Minnie, and Mickey
-mom picked up picture at Photo Shop while I was roaming around Emporium and Disneyana
-got to go to WoD by myself (woohoo!) while Mom went Hilton Anaheim to get food for lunch.
-couldn't find my favorite hat:(
-so after frantically searching, on the ground, I finally found it. Someone put it nicely on top of a stacked pile of sweatshirts all nice and everything. THANK YOU!

one day ( forgot which day) near the hub, where there's the board that tells you how long the wait is for certain attractions, near the trash can there was some smoke or something coming out and then a CM had a fire extinguisher with him. wasn't sure what all that was about.

-CMs were very nice and fun
-food was..ok...
-don't like the ART shuttle
-ate lotta churros
-I think there was a third Fantasmic! at 11 on Monday night or something
-SO many pushy ppl! ugh! Excuse you rudeness!

I can't remember a whole lot right now, so I'll post more if I remember.

wendybeth
12-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Your comment about the salmon at Catal made me laugh: When we went to DL in 2001, we ate brunch at Catal. Nice place, kind of deserted at the time, so really good service...I ordered the smoked salmon, eggs with chives and bagel. When my order arrived, I requested a side of cream cheese, and my server look a little perturbed. She finally brought me some in a great BIG gravy boat (?) and mumbled something about the cream cheese ruining the 'delicate flavor of the salmon'. I told her that the cream cheese was for the bagel, and that I was from the Pacific Northwest, where salmon is a staple.:) It just struck me as a bit pretentious- I mean, come on, salmon? (And it was just okay). Still, a nice, quiet respite before tackling the August DL crowds. Thanks for the great report!:cool:

adriennek
12-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by disneydreams
-kinda broke down for a few minutes while on the ride

When a guest needs to transfer from a wheelchair into a doombuggy, they stop the ride and the moving sidewalk to allow the guest to make the transfer. I'm guessing that someone who uses a wheelchair was either getting on or off of the ride.

Adrienne

Loric
12-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Trash cans catch on fire, an awful lot more than you'd expect. Usually, someone sticks a lit cigg. into one and a napkin or something catches fire. The trash can starts smoking, the CMs roll their eyes (there are LOTS of ash trays), and then go and get the fire extinguisher.

disneydreams
12-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
When a guest needs to transfer from a wheelchair into a doombuggy, they stop the ride and the moving sidewalk to allow the guest to make the transfer. I'm guessing that someone who uses a wheelchair was either getting on or off of the ride.

Adrienne

probably. I forgot about that. ok thanks Adrienne :)

stitch626
12-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by disneydreams
-I think there was a third Fantasmic! at 11 on Monday night or something

Okay, my mom and I were there too. And, we thought we were seeing things for a moment. Glad to know we weren't the only ones that saw this. My mom and I were going up the escalators for the parking lot and saw fireworks for the ending of Fantasmic! Mind you it was already 12:00am.

richas
12-27-2003, 10:57 AM
We were also in DL 12/20-23. It was very crowded and seemed to get more crowded each day. We did manage to go on everthingy we wanted to more than once, though. I did notice that eveyone seems to have figured out the Fastpass system! Highlight of the trip was when Indiana Jones broke down and we got walked off Sun or Mon night!