PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Annual Pass/Disney Resort Hotel Annual Pass Discount Question

JoeCool
10-19-2016, 03:15 AM
HI.

I wanted to ask the experts a question. Generally, how much of a discount do annual pass holders receive at the Disney owned hotels? 10%? I know it has to depend on the hotel and the season/month as well as weekdays?
If you have used the discount recently, please let me know how much the discount is and is getting/upgrading worth it for the hotel discount? Do all the annual passholder level receive the same discount or is it tiered?

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Joe

olegc
10-19-2016, 07:19 AM
I don't know for sure because I am a local - but the discounts are usually listed on the Disneyland AP site. Disneyland.com/ap.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JoeCool
10-19-2016, 10:35 AM
I don't know for sure because I am a local - but the discounts are usually listed on the Disneyland AP site. Disneyland.com/ap.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Saw those discounts. But do you or anyone know what the discount is at the 3 Disneyland resort hotels is generally?

olegc
10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks! Saw those discounts. But do you or anyone know what the discount is at the 3 Disneyland resort hotels is generally?

I don't think there is a general discount for hotels. There are times when rates are lowered for Passholders but those are specially announced periods of time.
This page - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/passholder-benefits/ says - "Access limited-time offers for any of our 3 Disneyland Resort hotels and stay right in the middle of the magic! Discover the Disney Difference with the same attention to detail, impeccable service and legendary storytelling found in our parks—simply sign in to view offer availability and special Annual Passholder offers."

so you have to sign into the site to see the offer. After I signed in, and looked at the Passholder Offers page, I saw the following:
"Passholders: save up to 25% on Weekday Rooms at Disneyland Resort Hotels. Most Sunday through Thursday Nights Oct 23, 2016 through Dec 22, 2016. "
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/passholder-packages/

candles71
10-19-2016, 09:46 PM
What Oleg said. The hotel discounts are seasonal and vary. It isn't like the merchandise discount, for instance, where it is a set amount (10%/20%), and tiered by pass. I believe all levels of pass get the same hotel offers.

Berry Princess
10-20-2016, 09:10 PM
Want to add that when the offer special deals for APers on the rooms that they are limited usually. Honestly the discount though doesn't seem to be worth it though with the prices that they are. And all APs do get the same discount on the hotels unless something has changed recently. As was said its a set amount as listed on the AP site unless a special deal is offered but like I said those are usually limited to so many rooms. Once they are gone that is it. There are also some good neighbor hotels across the street on Harbor that do give AP discounts as well.
BTW the last really good deal APers got with the hotels was last year at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept. It was prices I hadn't seen since we stayed at the Paradise many years before for a night. So I booked it for 2 nights for an early birthday gift for our daughter. We payed $199 a night for the room. We had a blast and we took advantage of the pool and the a/c in the room since we don't have a/c by the beach in our place. It was so much fun and the crowds were really low until the last day and the trickle of Labor Day weekend marathons started coming in. So keep an eye open for whatever deals pop up in case they do something like that again.

emgm
10-21-2016, 07:15 AM
Berry Princess is right. I saw this thread yesterday morning, and immediately called Disney Travel to book a room at the Disneyland Hotel for the first full week of December (just weeknights) and the cast member said all they had left was a suite at Paradise Pier. She said they only got 10 rooms at each hotel each night, and they went quickly.

potzbie
10-22-2016, 09:10 AM
20%, is typical.
I've never seen 10%, and I've never seen 50%, when I have viewed the Disneyland AP web page, plugging the latest discount.

Here is a real example which I had taken advantage of.
2016 January.
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. - Standard view. - wheelchair accessible - 2 queen beds.
Rate = $220 per night. (add tax of $37.40)
Example #2 is older.
Per email blast of 2009 July plugging August thru September stays.
Paradise Pier starts at $129 per night.
Granted, "January of 2016" vs. "August of 2009" is not comparing apples to oranges.
But if you track prices yearly, you might pick up the percentages off their rack rate.

potzbie
10-22-2016, 09:22 AM
More Disney email blasts from this year (2016), regarding discounts on hotel stays.

• 25% off, "special passholder package" - includes room and fastpass, plus a dining certificate woth $20. - per email blast of Sept. 28, 2016.
Dates = 10/23/16 to 12/22/16.

• (same as above) - per email blast of Aug. 26, 2016.
Dates = 8/14/16 to 9/29/16.

JoeCool
10-27-2016, 09:44 AM
More Disney email blasts from this year (2016), regarding discounts on hotel stays.

• 25% off, "special passholder package" - includes room and fastpass, plus a dining certificate woth $20. - per email blast of Sept. 28, 2016.
Dates = 10/23/16 to 12/22/16.

• (same as above) - per email blast of Aug. 26, 2016.
Dates = 8/14/16 to 9/29/16.

Thanks to all who answered. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. I indeed upgraded to an annual pass and I will be looking at the AP site and calling for hotel availability.

This is the best website for Disneyland. Reading all the updates and the posts made me more knowledgeable and my trip was more efficient.
Thanks!!

candles71
10-27-2016, 10:17 AM
What's the old commercial? Knowledge is Power? Glad you had a good time, we love to help around here.

Berry Princess
10-27-2016, 02:42 PM
What's the old commercial? Knowledge is Power? Glad you had a good time, we love to help around here.

2nd this! Glad you had a good time and hopefully you will be able to take advantage of the deals and find some great ones over your time as an AP. Just make sure you check often since those rooms can go fast.
I just want to add to that this site is really great for some many reasons. Not just for when anyone needs help or for the info posted on the happenings in the parks but the fact is its pleasant here.

JoeCool
10-28-2016, 06:05 AM
2nd this! Glad you had a good time and hopefully you will be able to take advantage of the deals and find some great ones over your time as an AP. Just make sure you check often since those rooms can go fast.
I just want to add to that this site is really great for some many reasons. Not just for when anyone needs help or for the info posted on the happenings in the parks but the fact is its pleasant here.

Thanks very much!
I plan on checking often.
It is very pleasant here and the information is very good and accurate!

JoeCool
10-28-2016, 06:08 AM
Yes candles71 knowledge is power.
Thanks. This site is the best and everyone always has a good opinion and/or information.

candles71
10-28-2016, 08:52 AM
We have awesome staff on this board, that strive for a pleasant atmosphere.