PDA

View Full Version : A way to get the castle walk-thru back?

disneyscott
12-23-2003, 09:41 PM
American Express is starting to try to open the statue of Liberty to the public as seen on this site

http://home3.americanexpress.com/corp/latestnews/statue-of-liberty.asp

So how would this work for us too?

I want to go back thru, I has been far to long for such a stuped reason!!

Disneyfreak
12-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Dont worry, it probably will open for the 50th as a new attraction.:)
If it doesn't open by the end of the 50th then we will know it's never coming back.:(

ModHatter
12-23-2003, 11:17 PM
All I know is, it had better come back as a Sleeping Beauty attraction. Doesn't have to be the same one, but Aurora is sorely under-represented in all things Disney. (And PS: I'm tired of seeing her in the pink dress. Make it blue!)

Why not go to the effort to make it a more Eyvind Earle-inspired walk-through? I went to an E.E. gallery in Carmel, and it was just the most jaw-droppinglyspectacular art gallery I've ever been to (including Blue Dog, where my friend and I ate the free dog biscuits). Then, maybe one of the stores near the walk-through could sell prints, and WOD could sell more pricey reproductions.

#1 rule of Disney:You don't just open an attraction, you open it for business.

sleepyjeff
12-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ModHatter
All I know is, it had better come back as a Sleeping Beauty attraction. Doesn't have to be the same one, but Aurora is sorely under-represented in all things Disney. (And PS: I'm tired of seeing her in the pink dress. Make it blue!)

Why not go to the effort to make it a more Eyvind Earle-inspired walk-through? I went to an E.E. gallery in Carmel, and it was just the most jaw-droppinglyspectacular art gallery I've ever been to (including Blue Dog, where my friend and I ate the free dog biscuits). Then, maybe one of the stores near the walk-through could sell prints, and WOD could sell more pricey reproductions.

#1 rule of Disney:You don't just open an attraction, you open it for business.

Yes, Yes, Yes. I agree wholeheartedly. Also, I would love to see the old Plaza Pavilion Restuarant re-opened up as a fine dining establishment called "Aurora's".

ModHatter
12-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff
Yes, Yes, Yes. I agree wholeheartedly. Also, I would love to see the old Plaza Pavilion Restuarant re-opened up as a fine dining establishment called "Aurora's".

Just don't order the cake.

danyoung
12-24-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by sleepyjeff

Is the Plaza Pavilion the one that they're now using for an Annual Passholder processing station? I read in another thread that Mr. Ouimet has already stated publicly that he'd like to get this location opened as a restaurant again. More power to him!

spectromen
12-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Has he REALLY?? That'd be so great! Not all of us want to pay Plaza Inn prices every single time...
Of course, they'd have to replace all that removed rotted wood and metal...wouldn't that be great! There's plenty of places to place the passholder processing in DCA - maybe in the buildings between Golden Dreams and GRR - currently used as a fading XGames arcade...hmm. Or there's always the Lucky Fortune Cookery :(

CoasterMatt
12-24-2003, 09:47 AM
I thought Disney is trying to get a historic building designation on the castle, so they can reopen without making any changes for wheelchair accessability. I've heard that from a couple of different sources, within the Company, and from a few companies that work with Disney on construction.

Cadaverous Pallor
12-24-2003, 11:00 AM
Tarzan's Treehouse isn't wheelchair accessible. Apparently they can get away with that.

Not Afraid
12-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Tarzan's Treehouse isn't wheelchair accessible. Apparently they can get away with that.

Neither is the Main Street Train Station.

Freerider127
12-24-2003, 11:47 AM
My guess is they will probably open it on the 50th.

sleepyjeff
12-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by spectromen
Has he REALLY?? That'd be so great! Not all of us want to pay Plaza Inn prices every single time...
Of course, they'd have to replace all that removed rotted wood and metal...wouldn't that be great! There's plenty of places to place the passholder processing in DCA - maybe in the buildings between Golden Dreams and GRR - currently used as a fading XGames arcade...hmm. Or there's always the Lucky Fortune Cookery :(

Or just about anywhere in Tomorrowland:D

karl
12-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Was this closed due to accessibility, or to the terror threats?

If I recall, it closed very shortly after 9/11.

One can easily speculate how that location could be a concern.

-- Karl

HBTiggerFan
12-24-2003, 06:00 PM
It closed the day we started bombing Afghanastan. It was in the middle of a MouseAdventure (and there was a question that involved the walkthrough :eek: )