PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Trivia Game

Pages : [1] 2

09-28-2001, 04:01 PM
Question: What is the exact name of the pirate boat in the battle scene in Pirates of the Caribbean?

(answer this, then ask your question!)

pixiepal
09-28-2001, 04:41 PM
Isn't it the "Sea Witch"????

Here's my question:
Who was the real life model for Tinker Bell?

DisneylandBoy
09-28-2001, 06:15 PM
Well wasn't the character based on Marilyn Monroe? I don't know who posed for the drawings, but Marilyn Monroe was the inspiration.

My ? - What year was the first Tomorrowland remodel?

EandCDad
09-28-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
Well wasn't the character based on Marilyn Monroe? I don't know who posed for the drawings, but Marilyn Monroe was the inspiration.

My ? - What year was the first Tomorrowland remodel?

Actually it was actress Margaret Kerry. The rumor that it was based on Marilyn Monroe is an urban legend that can be read about here (http://www.snopes2.com/disney/films/tinkbell.htm).

Don't know about Tomorrowland.

DisneylandKid
09-28-2001, 06:39 PM
I believe 1967? Anyway, my question is:

On Splash Mountain, what is the name of the "hill" where the main drop is? (In other words, what's the name of the hill where Br'er Fox's tree stump is situated...)????

Andrew
09-28-2001, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
On Splash Mountain, what is the name of the "hill" where the main drop is? (In other words, what's the name of the hill where Br'er Fox's tree stump is situated...)????

Chickapin Hill.

Where is Jack Lindquist's window?

pixiepal
09-28-2001, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad

Actually it was actress Margaret Kerry. The rumor that it was based on Marilyn Monroe is an urban legend that can be read about here (http://www.snopes2.com/disney/films/tinkbell.htm).

Quite right, EandCDad! I have about 5 different Tink things autographed by Ms. Kerry. Very nice lady!

DisneylandBoy
09-28-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad

Don't know about Tomorrowland.

I knew I had heard that somewhere . . . I just didn't know where. I actually heard it on the rumors page. How funny!

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Andrew

Chickapin Hill.

Where is Jack Lindquist's window?

Is it in that alley between the coffee place next to Disneyana, the alley with the lockers at the end.

How many gallons from each river were poured into the rivers of america when it was first filled?

Andrew
09-28-2001, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2 (re: Where is Jack Lindquist's window?)
Is it in that alley between the coffee place next to Disneyana, the alley with the lockers at the end.

Nope! You're a block off, but I'm not going to tell you in which direction. ;)

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 10:37 PM
Oh I know now, but I want to make sure about it, so I will reply back later. Here is an easy one, where is the MSEP window?

09-29-2001, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by pixiepal
Isn't it the "Sea Witch"????

Wicked Wench

09-29-2001, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Here is an easy one, where is the MSEP window?

First, what does MSEP stand for anyway?
(Honest, I have no idea)

JRob2k1
09-29-2001, 10:15 AM
Main Street Electrical Parade!

And its window is above the Bank/Mr. Lincoln on Main Street??

-JRob

Nigel2
09-29-2001, 05:51 PM
Yep, and sometimes you can see an office light on behind it. Since you didn't ask any questions, I shall.

Where can you find shingles for a Talbot and a "Ships Chandiler (sorry I cant spell them well)

and...

The lead bust in the HM is the voice for what other attraction in the park, and what cartoon?

EandCDad
09-29-2001, 06:53 PM

The lead bust in the HM is the voice for what other attraction in the park, and what cartoon?

Thurl Ravenscroft is also the singing voice of the Grinch and the Tony the Tiger Voice. He is (was) the Buffalo at CBJ and I think he does the narration on the DL Railroad.

mrfantasmic
09-29-2001, 08:55 PM

How many gallons from each river were poured into the rivers of america when it was first filled?
Who cares, it all disappeared overnight.
Mine:
Why do the janitors in the Haunted Mansion have to spread bags of dust around?

DisneylandKid
09-29-2001, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic

Who cares, it all disappeared overnight.
Mine:
Why do the janitors in the Haunted Mansion have to spread bags of dust around?
I'm guessing to make give it that "unlived" look, or possibly to create spider webs??
I won't ask my question until I know if the answer is right. :)

Nigel2
09-29-2001, 10:46 PM
Bite me if you are going to have that attitude.:D Come on people even if you aren't correct post anyway.

Nothing to answer well then.

In the windows on Main Street there are a series of windows with ABC on them. What company are they, and where are they?

mrfantasmic
09-30-2001, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid

I'm guessing to make give it that "unlived" look, or possibly to create spider webs??
I won't ask my question until I know if the answer is right. :)
True, that's true. But my question is:
Why do they have to redirty it every night? Why can't they just do it once?

totbellhop
09-30-2001, 06:40 PM
Why do they have to redirty it every night? Why can't they just do it once?

I think because they want it to look VERY dirty, and how do you know they do it every night?

In what movie they do a tribute to the singing busts of the Haunted Mansion?

dingdong2U
09-30-2001, 07:56 PM
Per Steve Birnbaum's Guide (reprinted without permission-don't sue me!) :-) the following can be found in the "New Orleans Square" section of the guide under "Haunted Mansion":

"...one of the biggest jobs of the maintenance crews is not cleaning up, but keeping things nice and dirty. Since.... (the) mansion's attic is littered with some 200 trunks, chairs, dress forms, shovels, harps, rugs, and assorted other knick-knacks, it requires a good deal of dust. This is purchased from a West Coast firm by the five-pound bagful and distributed by a device that looks as if it were meant to spread grass seed."

This doesn't really answer the question of why it needs to be replaced every night but as far as I remember reading somewhere is that the ventilation system seems to suck up most of the dust that is intentionally laid down in the attraction. If I can find the exact quote I'll try to post it.

As per "totbellhops" question, it's either "Hercules" or "Hunchback" I don't recall which film...

My question is: Where in the attraction/show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It!" at Disney's California Adventure can you find a "Hidden Mickey"?

pixiepal
10-01-2001, 07:00 PM
It was Hercules....(totbellhop's question)
The muses sang part of a song (I don't recall which one, since I haven't seen that movie since it came out on video) as the singing busts from the HM.
;)

mrfantasmic
10-01-2001, 08:48 PM
Hercules.
I love that part of the movie. It happens in I won't say I'm in love.
As for the answer to my question:
dingdong2U was right...
The Mansion's air-conditioning system keeps things a little too tidy for their liking.
By the way, you probably read that in David Koenig's Mouse Tales.
My next question:
The wind whistling to the Haunted Mansion tune was achieved how?
BONUS: Who did this effect?

Nigel2
10-01-2001, 09:32 PM
By Recording the song backwards, then playing it backwards. Buddy Baker wrote it?

This is another easy one, what are the names of the Hitchiking ghosts. Besides 997,...