PDA

View Full Version : The Disneyland Southern California Annual Pass is back

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
09-22-2016, 05:33 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/238983-2/APDays6-020616-AVP.jpg

More than two years after Disneyland suspended sales of the Southern California Annual Pass, the popular passport is once again available for sale at Disneyland ticket booths as of this morning. Disneyland Resort vice president of communications Cathi Killian told MousePlanet, "Our annual passes are very popular, particularly the Disney Southern California Annual Passport, so we are excited to offer that pass once again, based on availability.”

The Southern California Annual Pass is $459, and is valid 227 selected days a year. The 2016-2017 blackout dates include all Saturdays, Thanksgiving weekend, three weeks around Christmas and New Year, the peak Spring break week, and a seven-week block starting the last day of June.

At this time, the pass is available only for purchase at Disneyland ticket booths. Customers must show proof of California residency in zip codes 90000 to 93599. The pass will sold online through the Disneyland website later this year.

Disney stopped selling the pass in 2014, citing the popularity of the annual pass program. APs who already had the pass have been allowed to renew it each year, but new purchasers had to select one of the other available passes. The current options range from the weekday-only $329 Southern California Select Annual Passport to the $1,049 Signature Plus passport, which has no blackout dates and includes parking.

When Disney ended sales of the pass in 2014, a company spokesperson said the pass could return when "renewal rates return to an appropriate level that preserves the guest experience." It looks like the passholder census has dropped to a level to where it makes sense for Disney to put this most popular pass back on the market.

Megatron
09-22-2016, 05:54 AM
Good to know. I've renewed mine the last two years and kind of felt like I was being held hostage to do so (first world problems). Now if I let it lapse a few months I won't have to deal with either downgrading or upgrading. Although, it seems like the summer b/o dates were pretty much the same this year for So Cal and So Cal Select.

olegc
09-22-2016, 06:07 AM
With this they also increased prices on multi-day tickets. Single day prices have not changed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AVP
09-22-2016, 06:40 AM
With this they also increased prices on multi-day tickets. Single day prices have not changed.

Sent from my XT1254 using TapatalkThat's not yet reflected on the website. Has the in-park signage changed?

olegc
09-22-2016, 07:23 AM
i am going this morning and will look for it on signage. Maybe it was up and they pulled it down (has that not happened before?).

AVP
09-22-2016, 07:25 AM
i am going this morning and will look for it on signage. Maybe it was up and they pulled it down (has that not happened before?).It would be great if you would check when you go. Here's the pricing from February's increase:

https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/240664-1/DigitalSigns-022716-AVP.jpg

AnotherJenny
09-22-2016, 09:06 AM
I was lapsed when they discontinued it, so when I bought a new AP I got the Select. When I renewed the first year at the ticket booth I asked about So Cal and was told no. But earlier this year when I renewed online it was an option. I even kept my parking add on with new level pass, so it didn't affect that.

The ticket price increase doesn't surprise me, since they stopped the third party discount program last week. In fact, what took them so long?

WeLoveDisney
09-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the head's up! We are out of town passholders and are coming in for Columbus Day weekend, needing to purchase 2-multi day tickets for folks that we will be bringing with us. I hopped online real quick and did it just now hoping an increase wasn't reflected. It's not as of yet! I would have hated to get caught with another surprise price increase :)

olegc
09-22-2016, 11:17 AM
It would be great if you would check when you go. Here's the pricing from February's increase:
The prices in person today at noon are the same as the picture you posted. I guess it was not correctly noted earlier. Sorry about that.

jswtsang
09-22-2016, 09:11 PM
I was lapsed when they discontinued it, so when I bought a new AP I got the Select. When I renewed the first year at the ticket booth I asked about So Cal and was told no. But earlier this year when I renewed online it was an option. I even kept my parking add on with new level pass, so it didn't affect that.

The ticket price increase doesn't surprise me, since they stopped the third party discount program last week. In fact, what took them so long?
What is the third party discount program that you're referring to? Is that like the orbitz cash back discount? I was toying around with buying a 3 day pass on Orbitz and getting 4.1% cash back and then upgrading it to a so cal select pass in November. Now I'm wondering if I should risk that to get the 4% back or if I should just go ahead and buy my passes at the gate. I did this last time I had a pass which expired over the summer and it worked but I'm getting a little worried this won't be a valid option for my next visit.

olegc
09-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Third party discount was the entertainment clubs that many employers offer to their employees. Disney discontinued all participation last week (so no more auto club, credit union, or recreation connection discounts, among others).

tea4two
09-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Does "no more auto club" mean no more AAA?

olegc
09-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Does "no more auto club" mean no more AAA?

I thought it did - but an examination of their site shows you can still buy tickets in person at the offices - and the discounts range from $5 to $9 for one park. (two day up to five day). savings are $6 to $10 for park hoppers. Its not clear whether this means once they exhaust their stock they are done. Also, there is no mention online about Annual Pass vouchers. These tickets are good through 2017 I believe.

I know for sure that Recreation Connection and Kinecta Credit Union don't have any more to offer. The Recreation Connections' page states "The Disneyland Resort is no longer offering discounted tickets. They have eliminated their corporate discount program. Please visit the Disneyland Resort's website to purchase your tickets at full price. "

SbJasmine
09-23-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm SO excited to hear about this pass coming back - it might mean we can come back too! :-) It's been way toooo long :-)

tea4two
09-23-2016, 03:40 PM
I thought it did - but an examination of their site shows you can still buy tickets in person at the offices - and the discounts range from $5 to $9 for one park. (two day up to five day). savings are $6 to $10 for park hoppers. Its not clear whether this means once they exhaust their stock they are done. Also, there is no mention online about Annual Pass vouchers. These tickets are good through 2017 I believe...

I know that our local AAA branch stopped selling the AP vouchers around the end of last year/early this year. Sad about that because that was a very useful discount. We saved a lot on our last renewal.

jswtsang
09-23-2016, 04:30 PM
Third party discount was the entertainment clubs that many employers offer to their employees. Disney discontinued all participation last week (so no more auto club, credit union, or recreation connection discounts, among others).

Thanks! I'll look again to see if Orbitz still has cash back, that may be my best bet, that or buying some target gift cards with the red card but I don't have one...yet

candles71
09-23-2016, 06:25 PM
AAA's price varies by region. In NorCal (includes Nevada and somewhere else, Idaho maybe), we don't get any discount. It is gate price/ DL website price. Up until last year or so we did get free parking, which was helpful when we were in the time share. But no more free parking even.

jmorgan
09-24-2016, 07:08 PM
This last summer I visited the resort the third weekend of June and it seemed that there were few Southern Cal pass people in the park ( I think due to black out dates). Will the sale of this pass change that since the black out dates start at the end of June?

mp6
09-26-2016, 09:21 AM
so I take it whenits time for my renewal ,ill have to pay the new price.? for the Southern California Annual Pass that is $459

currence
09-26-2016, 10:43 AM
I'm SO excited to hear about this pass coming back - it might mean we can come back too! :-) It's been way toooo long :-)

I was telling my parents this pass was back and they were almost on board ... until I reminded them that my family will still not be renewing. So I'm pretty sure that I have now talked them into the So Cal Select pass instead!

olegc
09-26-2016, 10:56 AM
so I take it whenits time for my renewal ,ill have to pay the new price.? for the Southern California Annual Pass that is $459

that is probably correct.

olegc
09-26-2016, 10:59 AM
so - the quote in today's update from Disney was interesting. "Our annual passes are very popular, particularly the Disney Southern California Annual Passport, so we are excited to offer that pass once again, based on availability.”

so - does that hint at a limit as to how many passes are available? or they will cut them off again if too popular? I wonder if this is just a way to get a price increase on those folks renewing - or had they been raising renewal costs already despite the fact they were suspended.

Berry Princess
09-26-2016, 12:58 PM
When we were coming up for renewal last year in Sept I had looked at dropping to that one but I looked and the cost compared to what we had been paying for the Deluxe and realized I would have been paying the same amount (if not a few bucks more I think) that I had been paying for our Deluxe Aps before the last hike but for less days. It just didn't seem worth it and honesty still doesn't.

And olegc, I think they had raised that Ap as well even though it was renewal only but I could be wrong. I had the paper still from last year about renewing our APs and it was $389 if we had gone with it.

bielski
09-26-2016, 03:04 PM
I was telling my parents this pass was back and they were almost on board ... until I reminded them that my family will still not be renewing. So I'm pretty sure that I have now talked them into the So Cal Select pass instead!
We just renewed ours (just in case the price was going to go up higher than it currently is). The price already had been $459, but with the renewal discount it would only be $439.

SanDiegoAl
09-27-2016, 07:27 AM
Well, Sundays are gonna be a nightmare once more.... :(