PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Waters

WizKidRyan
09-28-2001, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have the foggiest idea what Fantasy Waters is at the DL Hotel? I've heard of the show, seen the stage during the day, but have no idea if it's worth spending time to see...
I'm sort of curious what it is...anyone?

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 02:04 PM
If I rember correctly FW is a silly little water show, if you have ever seen a dancing waters style show thats what it is, but that huge wall behind the pool (on the stage) is full of lights and various characters are in the light patterns. Then there is music and so forth. If its the only night thing to do then do it, but I wouldn't wast my time on it.

pixiepal
09-28-2001, 04:39 PM
I have seen it a few times, last Xmas being the most recent.
It is pretty OK...I think it's only 20 minutes long, so if you happen to be there, and have some time to kill it is kind of cool. They play Disney music (and at Xmas time, Xmas music, obviously) and the water "dances" along with the tunes. There are also lights, so it's kind of neat! Just be sure before you make plans to see it you check with the front desk....I have found that the times that they have on the schedules can be incorrect.

mspangler
09-28-2001, 06:52 PM
In my opinion, it's pretty neat. The water "moves" to the music, and the lights are very colorful. I have stayed at the DL Hotel many times and it is always nice to see.

I'm not sure on the time, but when I was there last time, it seemed about 9 or 9:30 PM....would be a good idea to check the schedule.

If you are staying at the hotel, get a room in the Bonita Tower (waterfall/koi pond side) and you can get a pretty nice view from your balcony.

slaakker
09-28-2001, 07:07 PM
In my opinion, this is not just a "Silly little water show".

Years ago the show was done manually with a guy that played a control panel like a piano to the music. He used to let me come up and watch. On a few occasions he would assign me a button and tell me when to push it. What a great memory!

Some visitors would be emotionally moved at the last number, The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

I would love to see MP run an article covering this attraction including the history behind it. Al, you said you would look into this four months ago...:p

Thanks for letting me reminisce!

mspangler
09-28-2001, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by slaakker
I would love to see MP run an article covering this attraction including the history behind it. Al, you said you would look into this four months ago...:p

Yeah, I'd like to see an article on it too. But just think of the mail Al must get on a daily basis....he's probably just reading mail that was sent 6 months ago....:D

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 09:49 PM
To me it is silly since it reminds me of Bullwinkles with their dancing water's show. Plus when compared to their other night attractions it is silly. So Blah:D

DisneyFreak2000
09-28-2001, 11:09 PM
Fantasy Waters is a cool show to watch. All of the lights, characters, music and the dancing water specially choreographized (sp?) make it a unique experience. If you had an opportunity to see it, I suggest it. It's a nice thing to do if you want a bit of Disney entertainment... and it's free. The problems with it is it's kind of long and you can only look at it for so long before you lose your attention. Also, the music and the show is outdated. I would definitely like to see it redone in the future, but in the mean time it remains a pretty cool show and I do recommend it.

tjrj
09-30-2001, 08:38 AM
Ah, the joy of differing points of view! To me, "Fantasy Waters" is NOT a "silly, little water show". It's nicely done, it's free to anyone who wanders by, my kids loved it and so did their parents. We stayed in the Bonita Towers a couple of years ago-great view, and the show was right outside your balcony-no having to grab your section of curb an hour before the happenings as in Fantasmic, etc.

Uncle Dick
04-17-2002, 01:38 PM
I just saw this show for the first time last night and was surprised at what a nice little treat it was, not necessarily for its entertainment value, but for the time period it represents. The Fantasy Waters show has remained essentially unchanged since the early 90s and that's reflected in the musical selections (Captain EO, MSEP, Golden Dreams (from EPCOT)) and some of the bad remixes of Disney tunes (including a "hip-hop" version of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah).

It's worth a look if only as an interesting trip back in time, and it's free! Shows are at 8, 9 and 10 for now, but I assume this schedule will change once the days get long enough. The show is about 20 min long.

tinkfreak
04-17-2002, 03:36 PM
I haven't had the opportunity to see the show myself, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback from guests and CM's alike where it's concerned.