PDA

View Full Version : AP Days - anyone have extras?

pretty Omi
09-19-2016, 01:48 PM
I am missing the week one button. Anyone have a spare? I have some other various buttons I can trade, including ones from the AP days from last February.

This month around seems to be EXTREMELY popular? There were no leftover week one buttons, I was there yesterday to try to snag an extra week 2 button, as well as my friend wanted one and they said it was AN HOUR wait and we were not guaranteed a button. CRAZY. Also all the special merch sold out the first week, the cup, the shirt which I really wanted, and another pin.
I haven't even been able to get the recipe cards (wish they were given out at the same location, or Blue Sky), so if anyone has extras of those they wouldn't mind sparing too I'd be really grateful!

I'm glad it's popular, but I'm honestly surprised it's more popular than the Feb promotion? They were offering a lot more I think, and while I understand making less buttons (after all you could still get week 1 during week 4) it seems like they didn't guess the right number and now there's not enough to go around. The free parking button promo seems a mess too, as I get inconsistent info each time I visit and thus have only gotten 1 of the parking button designs.

Sorry for the mini vent, I am very glad they're doing anything a little extra for the AP's at all, and would love it if someone has an extra button to spare!

AnotherJenny
09-19-2016, 01:51 PM
They had the shirt at Seaside Souvenirs yesterday. They did say that the exclusive pin is completely sold out. We got there too late to get this week's button. I do have an extra from last week I'd trade for this week's button. But after this AP Days I'm not sure I'm going to continue rushing to the parks each week for basically a button when honestly, the rest of the offerings kind of suck.

pretty Omi
09-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Wow it was at Seaside? They've been saying the merch was ONLY at the little Studio Store, I would have trekked back there had they known. I will see how many of this week's button I end up with, I am thinking Cars will be not as popular a design, but I could be wrong?

AnotherJenny
09-19-2016, 02:53 PM
I think I'll get this week, I forgot today was Monday. It's week 2 I didn't get.

I was there day 1, they didn't have the special pizza or the special dessert. I went back with a friend on day 3, they still didn't have the dessert or one of the receipt cards. When we didn't get buttons yesterday they said to my friend, come earlier in the week. He replied that we did that last week and they didn't have the other advertised items. I mean, yea, it's a free button and a free printed version of a recipe that's available online and some "special" food that has been offered before or will be offered again. But, seriously, I couldn't believe they acted like they have it all together and it's up to the guest to figure out the timing to get the experience that they advertise.

pretty Omi
09-21-2016, 08:41 AM
I think I'm about done with this run of AP Days. I decided to go yesterday, early in the week to get the button, and was hoping the shirt would still be in stock. Every CM I encountered regarding AP Days anything was rude/had an attitude, or frowning. When I asked one a question, I got that annoyed sigh, like it was my fault they're answering the same question for the 100th time today.
The only nice people were the two ladies at Studio Store, where they did not get the shirts restocked but they had a ton of the cups.
Back at Seaside Souvenirs, the shirts were already sold out, except for 3XL.
The person at the recipe card stand was out of them at that moment, and hadn't gotten a chance to get another stack, and they had none leftover from other weeks.
I guess they really flubbed the numbers on this promo. I'm glad to say, there's not much of the stuff on eBay at least, so I'd like to think all this stuff at least went to folks who wanted it, and not the scalpers who just want to flip it for a buck.

I'm just really discouraged by the attitude of the CMs they've had working these promos. It's no secret that there are CMs out there who hate AP's, but boy does it feel like they picked all them to work the stands. Of the 4 times I've gone now to try to participate I've only encountered CMs who looked annoyed, frowned, and so on. I dunno, just really took the joy out of the experience compared to the promo from Feb.

tea4two
09-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Have you sent Disney a comment about your experience? I think it might be helpful for them to know how things are going with this promotion. They can't change what they don't know. Sorry you've had such negative experiences with this event. Maybe we've just been lucky, but we've had positive, not spectacular, experiences so far.

pretty Omi
09-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I contacted the Twitter account and they asked me to send them my feedback. I was also hoping they would send out surveys at the end of the promotion like they did in Feb.

pretty Omi
09-22-2016, 10:31 AM
Sent them a message detailing my concerns, got the standard "Thank you for your feedback, please remember that all offerings are subject to availability"
Also sounds like they will not be restocking the tshirts again. Bummer, I really liked the shirt.

AnotherJenny
09-22-2016, 11:18 AM
I got an email this morning with the subject KNOWN PRIOR VISIT. I had to laugh, because they left the marketing campaign info in the subject and the body of the email. Otherwise it just pushes buttons, recipe cards, activities and character meets. All of which I know about, as a KNOWN PRIOR VISITor.

olegc
09-23-2016, 10:09 AM
my encounter yesterday was which character was in the building - since I had already taken a pic with Skeleton Goofy and then ran into him 3 more times. All I got was "we are featuring our Fall characters but I don't know exactly which ones". Ok, I'll buy that, but then to be told the same thing from the CM in the line just before the building. Really? I am not that picky but I had thought it was a simple question. Otherwise, all of my interactions have been OK to good. I feel bad for the CM who works in Boardwalk and has to ring your order and check APs for Recipe cards. I guess they try to make you go in and buy some food - but it sometimes does create a bottleneck.

BTW - I never knew they designated Pocahontas, or any others, as a "Fall" character. I would have taken a pic if it were her and Miko - but I was not interested in just Pocahontas. The backdrop was well themed though.

parteecia
10-01-2016, 08:45 AM
I was sick for week 3. Can someone tell me what the button, recipes, and puzzle were? Thanks!

tea4two
10-02-2016, 12:02 AM
The button was gray with Mater and Lightning McQueen. The recipes were Yukon Potato Stack (S55: http://www.swawtraveldenise.com/tips--lists/yukon-potato-stack) and Choux Fritters (Royal Street Veranda: https://d23.com/choux-fritters-from-disneylands-royal-street-veranda/). The puzzle was "I Spy With My Disney Eye..."

parteecia
10-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the links. Sorry that I missed out on the puzzle.

tea4two
10-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the links. Sorry that I missed out on the puzzle.

Sent you a PM.