PDA

View Full Version : MouseAdventure---everyone ready?

Pages : [1] 2

Niwel
09-28-2001, 12:14 PM
A little over a week left!!!!

I'm very much looking forward to this year's MouseAdventure for 2 reasons:
1) It is the most fun a person can legally have in a single day
and
2) It is the epitome of the spirit of America. It honors all the things that terrorism wants to destroy: happiness, love, fun, hope and togetherness.

Can't wait to see you all there on Oct. 7....I'm on The Madhatters. :D

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Niwel

2) It is the epitome of the spirit of America. It honors all the things that terrorism wants to destroy: happiness, love, fun, hope and togetherness.

Please expand on this statment, I want to see a 20 page report on my desk by monday.:D I wanted to go, but everyone that I would want to go with are away right now, so I am out.:(

DisneylandBoy
09-28-2001, 06:18 PM
I unfortunately can't go that day. I didn't sign up in time and now I can't get a team who wants to do it. All my friends just want to hang. If we do, we'll see you there.

Dreamstaker
09-28-2001, 09:00 PM
I will be there. Yeah Mouseplanet rah rah rah.

supercarrie
09-28-2001, 09:28 PM
I will be there! My team is my brother, his fiancee, and a close family friend - we are ready and very excited!!

Gauchograd99
09-28-2001, 10:18 PM
All psyched and set to show up, have fun, and maybe win something. My beautiful girlfriend and I will be there in our UC Santa Barbara "Gauchoholic" T-shirts (bright yellow, not like those knock-off "Beach Volleyball" ones:)) and I should have my UCSB hat on. Let's Go Gauchos!

KarenW2
09-28-2001, 11:19 PM
We've had a change in 2 team members this time over last time, but the So. Cal. Surfin' Safari is ready to head out again! We were looking over our corrected sheets from the April one at dinner tonite, as a matter of fact!

We're really looking forward to doing it again & our new teammates are really excited about their first time doing it too!

Kevin Yee
09-28-2001, 11:21 PM
Wait, there's a MouseAdventure coming?

Darnit, I better start writing it!

(joke, people... joke)
:)

KarenW2
09-28-2001, 11:31 PM
Hey Kevin,
Why don't you make it easy on yourself and use the same questions as the April Adventure?? No stress. And our team just might do better in the standings! :D

Any hints on what some of the prizes will be? I won the paperback version of "Since the World Began" from the drawing at the end, but since I already had it hardback, I gave it to our team "mascots". Here's hoping at least one of us comes home with a prize!!

AVP
09-29-2001, 07:14 AM
Prizes? There are supposed to be prizes?

Darn - I better start shopping. Karen, what color of paper clip do you want?

Adrienne VP

Karin
09-29-2001, 11:23 AM
Adrienne, you actually going to be there to give these wonderful prizes you'll be shopping for this week? Or are you still going to DLP? I like purple paper clips, please. :-)

My team (I forget our name from last time, but it'll be the same again - I didn't make it up, that's why I don't remember it) will be there. One change in team member from my best friend to her sister-in-law.

AVP
09-29-2001, 11:31 AM
As much as I would have liked to go to DLP to witness yet another park start pin trading, other commitments have kept me in the states. I'll be there!

Purple, huh? Ok, I'll see what Pic-N-Save has available.

Adrienne

Kevin Yee
09-29-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by KarenW2
Hey Kevin,
Why don't you make it easy on yourself and use the same questions as the April Adventure?? No stress. And our team just might do better in the standings! :D

No such luck. Some of this event's puzzles are devilish. I am evil, oh so evil.... :)

Tony
09-30-2001, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee

No such luck. Some of this event's puzzles are devilish. I am evil, oh so evil.... :)

I can attest to that. AVP and I had the opportunity to do a dry run of MouseAdventure a few weeks ago, testing the questions and directions. We ran into Kevin about half way through it, and I think my exact comment to him what that he is a "mean, cruel, evil, sadistic SOB." Having completed the challenge, my thinking hadn't changed.

I can tell you all this - some of the puzzles are challenging, but they are also a lot of fun.

I know Kevin and Alex will repeat this several times, but allow me to reiterate it here - Read the instructions. I repeat: Read the instructions! Experience has shown that teams lose more points when they assume they know what the puzzle is, rather then reading the instructions and following them.

Can't wait till next weekend!

Tony

Gauchograd99
09-30-2001, 10:23 AM
Read the directions, huh? Sounds like I am back in school. When I get to the last question is it going to ask you to only write your names and the phrase "Mickey Mouse for President!" as was done in one class I had once? :) Good luck to all and thank goodness that my beautiful assistant is a huge puzzle freak, and I am a logic puzzle freak or we would come in last a long way behind the next to last.

BTW: I hope that there are bonus points for effort.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-30-2001, 10:44 AM
Wow, my fiance and I signed up for this a while ago and now it looks like we'll be in over our heads! You guys seem really professional abou this....now Kevin's being all devilish....I hope we can stand up to the pressure! We don't even have a team name yet.

I hope more MousePadders are showing up! DisneylandBoy and Nigel2 - you can still sign up, how about teaming up together? Just to be helpful, here's the link for all you Padders that are interested in a last minute sign up:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/mp/011007ma.htm

If you don't have a teammate, post here and find others! I want to meet everyone! :)

P.S. Question - what is the deal w/team names? Do we need to pick one before the 7th? Or do we just tell them at regisration?

Niwel
09-30-2001, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
P.S. Question - what is the deal w/team names? Do we need to pick one before the 7th? Or do we just tell them at regisration? My team picked Madhatters because we all wanted to be able to have something that unified us. (Crazy hats) When you sign up on October 7...you put it down. It just makes it easier to keep track of everyone --- at least that's how they did it last year.

I think you and your fiancee will be fine. Remember...its all for fun!!!!!

[Moderator's note: vB code fixed for quoted material. -- Lani]

steamboatStu
09-30-2001, 03:07 PM
First time Adventurers here! I also am looking forward to putting faces with some of the Nics here. Also hoping in seeing some youngsters too! We will have two 10 year olds and a 7 year old helping us out - I think they may even be more excited about it than the adults, if that's possible.

Anyway, I'll start trying to come up with a decent team name between now and Sunday. See you all soon!

Alex S.
09-30-2001, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
P.S. Question - what is the deal w/team names? Do we need to pick one before the 7th? Or do we just tell them at regisration?

Unless you are one of the teams that registered in the last 5 days or so, the person who registered your team should have received an email giving the opportunity to provide a team name.

Team names are not required, but do give us a more exciting way of referring to you than "Team 43". You can give me your team name (stroup@travelite.org) at any time prior to the event, or you can do it when you arrive at registration on Sunday. If you give it now, you can always change it then.

adriennek
09-30-2001, 08:41 PM
Ok, I want nametags with screen names on them or something so I can put faces to screen names. I need to see them in writing because hearing them won't help me connect, LOL.

I'll be there. Former teacher-- they ask me to grade sections.

You know, this is really off topic, but I really like chocolate. Chocolate is really good to munch on while one is grading papers for the MouseAdventure, you know? Chocolate and oatmeal raisin cookies. Love those. Soft Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I like white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, too.

;) Adrienne K
disclaimer before Alex strings me up by my fingernails: I'm just kidding. I can't accept bribes at MouseAdventure. That would be wrong and probably illegal or something. It probably would be illegal for you to send bribes to me before the event too, huh? Darn....

AVP
09-30-2001, 09:12 PM
SHAME on you, Adrienne Krock. HOW can you ask people to bribe you with CHOCOLATE? Don't you know it's going to be hot that day? Chocolate MELTS. Melting is a BAD thing - it gets all over the papers, and then Alex would really be mad at you.

Now, fudge, on the other hand, is slightly easier to eat. Pumpkin Pie fudge, to be specific. That's easy to eat with a fork, just like a pie.

And lemonade. Lemonade is nice and cool, and it doesn't melt all over papers. FROZEN lemonade is especially nice when it's hot and you're in the sun grading papers. You know, I've noticed that my eyes tend to blur when I'm too hot. Haven't you other graders noticed that too???? :D

AVP

Andrew
09-30-2001, 09:59 PM
::tries to come up with a good reason why corn dogs help me grade::
:D

AVP
10-01-2001, 08:10 AM
Oh, Andrew, it's a protein thing. Protein from the hot dog, and carbohydrates from the batter. Fuel, energy - it makes perfect sense. A grader should never risk experiencing low blood sugar levels. Low blood sugar levels can cause a loss of concentration, headaches, blurred vision and trembling hands. Can you imagine how that would affect your grading ability? :p

AVP
(Alex is gonna get me now)

Kevin Yee
10-01-2001, 05:05 PM
As long as we're doing the bribery thing, now's a good time to remind everyone that the event creator and emcee is usually the best one to bribe. I don't have exclusive grading decision rights, of course (that honor goes to coordinator Alex), but my nudging here and there ought to be worth ... er ...

Darn it. I can't think of anything I want to be bribed with.

As for the weather, I'm downright shocked it's so hot and humid this time of year. You'd think this was Orlando. We moved the MouseAdventure around specifically so it wouldn't be such murder on the participants, and look - the weather refuses to cooperate.

Drink lots of water, people.

Gauchograd99
10-01-2001, 05:18 PM
Kevin, Alex, Andrew, and Adrienne: Your bribes are in the mail. :) All corn dog lovers can kick it with me after as I have a feeling I just might need a nice monster dog, chips, and drink. I get the feeling from the warning that there will be a whole lot of running around (minus the running of course) so I think I should remind people also that if you start to feel weird and really thirsty, colas are NOT the best thing to help you out (nor are the slurpee's but they sure are cold) so get water or a sports drink to help.
Good luck all and remember to hold ceremonies at the feet of Walt for cooler weather. I would gladly offer Eisner and Pressler for cool weather. :)