PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction at the Disneyland Resort

AVP
12-22-2003, 01:13 PM
EVENT: Celebrating 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction
EVENT DATE: Saturday, January 31, 2004
EVENT LOCATION: Disney's Grand Californian Hotel
EVENT TIME: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (approximate time of Auction)

EVENT INFORMATION:

Join us as we celebrate 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse. This memorable auction will take you on a journey through the years as we pay tribute to Mickey Mouse and the variety of roles that he has taken on during the past seventy-five years. Auctioned merchandise will include the 75 one-of-a-kind sculptures and original artwork created during the celebration.

PACKAGE A

ONE (1) night accommodation at the Disneyland Hotel (1/31/04 only) *
Breakfast at a Disneyland Resort Hotel Restaurant
Opportunity to participate in the 75 Years of Fun Auction
Cocktail Reception & Light Hors d'oeuvres
Auction Catalog
Meet and Greet with Artists, Sculptors and Costume Designers of the 75 Years of Fun Program
Commemorative Gift

TICKET SALE INFORMATION:

Tickets for Package A are $349, per person. Limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

*Standard accommodations; one person per room. Couples purchasing Package A will be offered a second night hotel accommodation (consecutive to the first night - 1/31/04) in a standard room/double occupancy at the Disneyland Hotel in lieu of two rooms for one night. Subject to availability. No items in this package may be redeemed for cash, and all items are non-refundable, non-transferable and will be forfeited if not used in conjunction with 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction. Other restrictions apply. Separate admission is required to enter the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

EVENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. No items in this package may be redeemed for cash, and all items are non-refundable, non-transferable and will be forfeited if not used in conjunction with the 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction. Other restrictions apply. Separate admission is required to enter the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

Reservations for the 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction will be accepted via www.DisneyGallery.com on January 6, 2004 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.

PACKAGE B

Cocktail Reception & Light Hors d'oeuvres
Auction Catalog
Meet and Greet with Artists, Sculptors and Costume Designers of the 75 Years of Fun Program
Commemorative Gift

TICKET SALE INFORMATION:

Tickets for Package B are $95, per person. Limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

EVENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. No items in this package may be redeemed for cash, and all items are non-refundable, non-transferable and will be forfeited if not used in conjunction with the 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction. Other restrictions apply. Separate admission is required to enter the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

Reservations for the 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction will be accepted via www.DisneyGallery.com on January 6, 2004. Disney

PACKAGE C

Auction Catalog
Commemorative Gift

TICKET SALE INFORMATION:

Tickets for Package C are $25, per person. Limited to availability. No discounts will be offered in conjunction with this package.

EVENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. No items in this package may be redeemed for cash, and all items are non-refundable, non-transferable and will be forfeited if not used in conjunction with the 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction. Other restrictions apply. Separate admission is required to enter the DisneylandŌ Resort theme parks.

Reservations for the 75 Years of Fun with Mickey Mouse Auction will be accepted via www.DisneyGallery.com on January 6, 2004 at 9:00 a.m. PDT.

cstephens
12-22-2003, 01:42 PM
AVP - Don't know if you know this but figured I'd ask. I saw that information posted elsewhere (I think it was dizpins, but I can't remember for sure), and I remember wondering whether you had to buy a package in order to even participate in the auction. I've thought about just checking out the auction for fun, knowing I wouldn't end up getting anything, but I'm certainly not spending $25 just for the right to have the opportunity to participate in the auction.

Thanks for any info you might have on that.

AVP
12-22-2003, 02:43 PM
It is very very common for auctions to require a registration fee, especially those with a catalog, and my understanding is that there is no "free ticket" for this one.

But I'm trying to get that in writing.

Edited to add - I just received confirmation that there is no "free" ticket to the auction. If you want to go "just to watch," you still must pay $25 - but you'll also get the auction catalog and a lovely parting gift.

AVP

cstephens
12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
So I guess I have to decide whether I want to spend $25 (or $50) for a catalog. I suppose if the catalog had nice big pictures of all the sculptures, it might be worth it. But at least it does give me something to consider.

Thanks for the info.

AVP
01-15-2004, 08:50 AM
I have just received the listing of auction lots for this event. What is really strange is that none of the other "original artwork" that was created for the event is included - just the Big Figs.

There are also "reserves" on all of the items. If they aren't sold here, they will be re-auctioned on eBay.

AUCTION # TITLE
Auction Lot 1 BAND LEADER MICKEY
Auction Lot 2 TIKI ROOM MICKEY
Auction Lot 3 PIN TRADER MICKEY
Auction Lot 4 CAPTN' PIRATE MICKEY
Auction Lot 5 PIRATE MICKEY
Auction Lot 6 MATADOR MICKEY
Auction Lot 7 ENGLISH GUARD MICKEY
Auction Lot 8 ENGLISH GENTLEMAN MICKEY
Auction Lot 9 PRINCE CHARMING MICKEY
Auction Lot 10 KING MICKEY
Auction Lot 11 KNIGHT MICKEY