PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues building to be demolished in Downtown Disney

AVP
09-11-2016, 10:59 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/229108-2/HouseOfBlues-082215-AVP.jpg

According to plans filed Friday by Disney, the former House of Blues building in Downtown Disney Anaheim will be demolished in coming weeks. The plans call for the demolition of the 17,339 sq.ft building and 2,679 sq.ft outdoor dining patio. The basement will remain intact.

Disney has not yet announced plans for the space, and no permits have been filed for new construction.

As we shared last year, (https://www.mouseplanet.com/11131/Disneyland_Resort_Update_for_August_2530_2015) the House of Blues is relocating to a new space at the Anaheim Garden Walk across the street from the Disneyland Resort. The Downtown Disney venue closed May 31, putting 300 employees on temporary layoff until the Garden Walk venue opens sometime in November.

candles71
09-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Where does that building sit in relation to the new hotel?

Engine74
09-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Nowhere near the parking lot. It is next to/behind Build a Bear and across from Tortilla Joe's. If you are on the Mickey & Friends Tram right about where the gate is before you enter the resort unload/load area.

bumblebeeonarose
09-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Where does that building sit in relation to the new hotel?

Not in the same area. I wish I could remember what the rumor was I read about how they could use that land if they tore down the building.

tlovesdis
09-12-2016, 08:43 AM
I had read somewhere that a Splitsville might be going in, but it was just a rumor. I guess the one at Disney Springs in Florida is popular with families.

yellowrosedtxn
09-12-2016, 09:24 AM
I had read somewhere that a Splitsville might be going in, but it was just a rumor. I guess the one at Disney Springs in Florida is popular with families.

I would never use that. I mean, I would never go to Disneyland/World and go bowling. But I guess if it makes them money....

AVP
09-12-2016, 09:28 AM
I had read somewhere that a Splitsville might be going in, but it was just a rumor. I guess the one at Disney Springs in Florida is popular with families.It's probably more than a rumor, but Disney hasn't made any announcements and I can't find anything definitive. (Not for lack of trying) ;o)

olegc
09-12-2016, 10:14 AM
yeah - that was a Miceage post. There is also some space north of the HoB location and next to Tortilla Joes for expansion (when you look on a map).

Berry Princess
09-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Yet what might work in a place like WDW doesn't always equal it would work here there. Of course doesn't mean they won't try. I just know its not something I would do. Didn't go near the bowling alleys when they had stuck them in Universal's CityWalk either way back. My friend and I would go up there a bunch to get dinner, drinks and a movie or last minute concert when we both lived in Burbank. That was the last place we wanted to be.