PDA

View Full Version : I owe the dogpound an apology...

millionairegirl
12-21-2003, 06:33 PM
You are not as annoying as I feared. I based my opinion on heresay and second hand recounts, which I should not have done. Your 'whoop-whoops', while a tad annoying, were not disruptive. And none of you declined the hotseat while I was there (that is a personal pet peeve, but is not technically against the rules). And most of all you were not annoying or disruptive to me while I was in the hotseat (I was the first person of the day, I missed the Tiber river- Geography is not my forte, Sigh) .

So, I'm sorry. I will not prejudge something before I see it in person in the future.

imagineerhopeful
12-21-2003, 07:36 PM
All is ok. Forgive and forget. Couldn't make it today but I might be there on monday or tuesday.

Thanks for being honest.

Happy Holidays!

And congrats! :fez: How far did you get?

tod
12-21-2003, 08:08 PM
It's nice to hear an eye-and-earwitness account of the so-called "dogpound," and even better to hear them described as "a tad annoying" as opposed to some other things that were said on other threads, by other people as well as myself.

I, infortunately, could not attend Millionaire this weekend, because -- as The Lovely Mrs. tod pointed out -- "Millionaire will still be there next weekend, but Christmas will be over."

And I'm not eligible till Saturday anyway.

See you next weekend.

--T
hopeful

Not that it's gonna come up again any time soon, but the Tiber is in Italy, right?

adriennek
12-21-2003, 09:42 PM
I'd be curious to hear from people who witnessed their behavior before and then witness it again to see if it seems at all "tamer."

I'm glad no one had to decline, but I don't think that this point was subjective. Either they declined in the past or they didn't- not like the more subjective comments about their noise level, etc.

Adrienne

JeffG
12-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Just out of curiosity, were you seated in the section intended for disabled guests or were you observing this group from a different part of the theater? My biggest objection was to being stuck in the middle of them.

-Jeff

millionairegirl
12-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by JeffG
Just out of curiosity, were you seated in the section intended for disabled guests or were you observing this group from a different part of the theater? My biggest objection was to being stuck in the middle of them.

-Jeff

No, we were seated across the way in the 180's. I could see how it would be worse in the upper 500's, but I don't think it would ruin my experience; I love Millionaire too much! Yes, I'm a big:geek:

imagineerhopeful
12-22-2003, 09:22 AM
How far did you get?

millionairegirl
12-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by imagineerhopeful
How far did you get?

Sigh, This was my third time in the hotseat, and my worst time as well. I missed the $8,000 question which if I had done a 50/50 I probably would have got it. Ah well, live and learn. Now I will always know the Tiber river runs through Rome. Duh!

I was proud that this was my first time getting into the hotseat from the fastest finger. Usually I just guess on the fastest finger, but this time I actually answered it. And I was right, AND I was the fastest! So proud!

LSPoorEeyorick
12-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by tod
...consummation devoutely to be wish'd...

Nice Hamlet, tod!

tod
12-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by tod
...consummation devoutly to be wish'd...

To which LSPoorEeyorick responded
Nice Hamlet, tod!

Nice to know somebody gets it. Usually it's just caviare to the general.

;)

--T

tod
12-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
I'd be curious to hear from people who witnessed their behavior before and then witness it again to see if it seems at all "tamer."

The Little tod and I went to the 1:00 show today and the so-called "dogpound" was a pale shadow of its former self. In months past, there appeared to be two or three rows of waving arms and voices raised in canine tribute. Today, Sunday December 28, 2003, there were four guys side-by-side waving their arms and half-heartedly doing their "woof, woof" thing. No Mickey dolls (and even if there had been, camera five was framed so high they wouldn't have been seen on-camera anyway), no rapid clapping at inopportune moments, just four guys trying to attract attention to themselves and not succeeding very well. They looked like a group of friends on an end-of-the-year outing.

They weren't seen or heard at the 2:00 or 4:00 show.

In other news, I noticed four different people wearing million-point jackets today, including one from Florida. Is this a new fashion trend?

--T

adriennek
12-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the report, Tod, because I am legitimately interested in hearing from people who have experiences to compare. I wonder what the cause of this was- if it's "slow" because of the holidays or if they're making a choice to tone themselves down.

But I, for one, appreciate the input.

Adrienne

yobbie
12-29-2003, 06:41 AM
Tod,

Was the 28th a So Cal AP blackout day?

tod
12-29-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by yobbie
Tod,

Was the 28th a So Cal AP blackout day?

According to MousePlanet's Disneyland guide for last week, it was a blackout day for Southern California and Deluxe APs.

You think that makes a difference?

--T

dude
12-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Actually, it does. Myself, my brother, and at least one other guy who hangs out with the Dog Pound carry Deluxe AP's.

As far as that making a difference in the routine, I don't know. I haven't been since I got into the Hot Seat last time. I don't know if any CM has asked the others to tone it down. The only difference is that there is less people there.

Mistyj
12-29-2003, 08:38 AM
I wondered, too, at the lack of the Dogpound the last two Sundays. Blackout days make the most sense... It's been pleasantly peaceful.

Changing the subject, was that the Little Tod in the Hot Seat yesterday? I still can't believe the Pinochle question!!!

tod
12-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Mistyj
Changing the subject, was that the Little Tod in the Hot Seat yesterday? I still can't believe the Pinochle question!!!

That was him. Smart kid; I'm very proud of him.

He admitted that he knew that Pinochle is played witha 48-card deck because he saw a 48-card Pinochle deck at Walgreens when we stopped for sodas before going to the park.

I told him after the show, "Good thing we didn't drive through a McDonald's to get those sodas."

--T

yobbie
12-29-2003, 09:25 AM
You think that makes a difference?

I thought I had read that a regular...I don't remember who...saying they were blacked out. Just wondered if that would make a difference.