PDA

View Full Version : Trader Sams new Tiki Mug for Mahalloween

Pages : [1] 2 3

olegc
09-07-2016, 01:45 PM
So I have seen a couple of sites post a picture of a new tiki mug coming to Trader Sam's -
http://www.insidethemagic.net/merchandise/trader-sams-at-disneyland-resort-to-release-haunted-mansion-themed-tiki-mug/

I had a question - do you have to buy a drink for each mug? or can you buy the 2nd (or 3rd) if you buy one drink? Also, can the drinks be non-alcoholic or only the special drinks? - thanks in advance.

AnotherJenny
09-07-2016, 05:10 PM
So I have seen a couple of sites post a picture of a new tiki mug coming to Trader Sam's -
http://www.insidethemagic.net/merchandise/trader-sams-at-disneyland-resort-to-release-haunted-mansion-themed-tiki-mug/

I had a question - do you have to buy a drink for each mug? or can you buy the 2nd (or 3rd) if you buy one drink? Also, can the drinks be non-alcoholic or only the special drinks? - thanks in advance.

My experience with the other mugs is you have to buy the exact drink as listed. You could always just ask them not to make the drink. In either case, you get a new mug in a box, even if they do serve the drink.

Shortpix77
09-07-2016, 07:22 PM
I've asked before and gotten a different drink in the mug than the exact advertised drink, but not sure about whether you can buy a mug without a drink...

Berry Princess
09-07-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't usually care for these but I like these ones. I'm curious how much are they usually? See if I can talk the husband into take me for a drink or 2 or 3. LOL

olegc
09-07-2016, 09:29 PM
My friend wants to buy 4 on Friday- at lunch. Needless to say I will be one and done. And I won't wait...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NickP
09-08-2016, 07:35 AM
My youngest loves all things Haunted Mansion and Tiki related so we will be grabbing one of these

AnotherJenny
09-08-2016, 10:04 AM
This is why I hope they do only sell it with the drink and limit to 1 per person per day or per seating. Because I shouldn't have to run down tomorrow morning and line up for lunch to get 1 tiki mug while people buy 4 or more without otherwise patronizing Trader Sam's. If it sells out before next week and then I see them on eBay or at D23 I'll be pissed. It shouldn't be this hard to get a single collectible. Unless there's only 500 of them they shouldn't sell out day 1.

Shortpix77
09-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Update on the Disney Parks Blog today said the mugs are limited to 2 per guest. Just FYI!

Berry Princess
09-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Saw that. I'm glad they are limiting it. Now to talk the husband into going over there one day soon.

olegc
09-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Major line at 1210pm on. Friday. One line for all. Could be 2 hours to get a place to sit And drink.

Shortpix77
09-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Major line at 1210pm on. Friday. One line for all. Could be 2 hours to get a place to sit And drink.

Agh, that's a long time... I'm planning to go next Friday, but not sure I'm willing to wait that long to get a drink and buy a mug... even a really cool mug...

olegc
09-09-2016, 12:57 PM
We were lucky. My friend found someone on the Terrace to share a table with. 10 min and we are eating and drinks. I heard a rumor that there are only 2500 mugs. If that's the case they won't last the weekend.

Berry Princess
09-09-2016, 01:27 PM
We were lucky. My friend found someone on the Terrace to share a table with. 10 min and we are eating and drinks. I heard a rumor that there are only 2500 mugs. If that's the case they won't last the weekend.

Well it would figure if that does happen. I know I would like one myself but not sure I am willing to wait in a long line for it. Glad it worked out for you guys though. How much was it for the mug/drink?

olegc
09-09-2016, 01:32 PM
30 for the mug. It includes the drink. If u don't get a drink there is no discount. but people were still buying just the mugs.

olegc
09-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Update - @Disneylandtoday says mugs are not LE.

Check out @DisneylandToday's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/status/774370551041232896?s=09

NickP
09-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Just saw you latest post Oleg. Good to hear they aren't LE. Hope to grab one when I am there next month.

Blacksheep Uncle
09-10-2016, 07:03 AM
I was there yesterday afternoon and there was a separate line for mugs. It was almost all the way down the ramp but it went pretty fast. I would have liked to get the drink but I didn't have the patience to wait for a place inside.

Berry Princess
09-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Someone on another board is saying they sold out. Can anyone confirm this over here?

olegc
09-10-2016, 07:16 AM
I saw a post from Inside the Magic that yes s if 1030pm last night they sold out. I guess a call to Trader Sam's is in order.

Berry Princess
09-10-2016, 07:31 AM
If that is the case so much for them being LE. Hopefully there is more coming since we are barely into Sept and its a Halloween mug. Of course it would have lasted longer than a day if they hadn't sold them on the side as well.

olegc
09-10-2016, 07:45 AM
Goes back to what I have said for a few years - to me Disney loves to create the secondary market and breed an aura of exclusivity, whether something is LE or not. How often have we seen open edition stuff sell well in advance if the exact holiday with no foresight into having enough for the actual dates. They love the buzz (and lack of stuff they have to take back). To me the best items should have larger stock, not t-shirts and plush , but that has not happened. It's not about fairness.

Let's hope they get more. I would love to pick one up as a gift for a close friend - but I'm not holding my breath.

AnotherJenny
09-10-2016, 10:25 AM
At the AP preview the suits on Thursday were saying that they were LE. So that's probably it for the mugs. I'm sure the average check size was down at Trader Sam's yesterday, even with the $30 drinks being sold. What if they had made 20,000 mugs and that has lasted for a week? They made as many as they needed to make to turn a profit on the promotion. Good for them.

Berry Princess
09-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Lack of communication again it seems...Disneyland's Twitter says its not limited and then a suit says it is. SMH If that was the case they should have not sold them to people just coming up to a stand on the side. I can bet those buying at the stand had friends/family/whoever buying 2 each to help them gain more for their own profits to be made off this. IMO the way Disney is going with merchandise and things like this is just crazy. It has been more and more items in the parks that are beyond over priced since they started adding all those "high end" names to do items. Once that started I noticed Disney doing there own more and more with seeing how people would pay for those items. Its rare I want anything like this myself but its a shame they didn't make enough to last at least half way through their Halloween time.

Shortpix77
09-10-2016, 07:56 PM
And now there are a ton on eBay ranging from $75-$200. Most of the listings are claiming that they're LE and SOLD OUT FOREVER, but who knows. Ugh.

jswtsang
09-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Wowsers. I read all about this on a tiki page. I was really hoping this mug would be available after Halloween since we may be going in early Nov and I had wanted to check out trader Sam's. And it sold out in 2 days....sigh. maybe the tiki gods will look kindly upon those of us who didn't get one and this won't be a limited edition.