PDA

View Full Version : [Request] HOT FURLESS COUNTRY BEARS CLICK NOW!

Mike
09-27-2001, 08:40 PM
Well, now that I got your attention.... :D

Since Al is refusing to run any photos of the animatronic bears, does anyone know of a website with these backstage photos? I've always found audioanimatronics interesting (especially the more complex ones like in Pirates and some of Marc Davis' designs in America Sings) and would like to see this.

Thanks if anyone can help

Nigel2
09-27-2001, 10:03 PM
Ok that title scares me. But anyway who actually thinks that the bears were actually real?(first one to say they did gets it between the eyes) Everyone knew they were made of plasic and metal, and they are gone now so there wasn't any magic that would be lost if we saw them without fur.

Mike
09-28-2001, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Everyone knew they were made of plasic and metal, and they are gone now so there wasn't any magic that would be lost if we saw them without fur.

I saw a picture once of the Pirates on the ship in the battle scene from behind. It was really odd to see that they really have nothing from the waist down.

I think that began my interest in show AAs.

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 02:03 AM
heck if you look at the regis Anamatronic in SSL you can see he has no feet and his pants just stop. King Kong also just, well stops. Yeah its funny to look at them since they are only half the man they appear to be:D. Unless you see them all its safe to say they are bottomless.

09-28-2001, 06:10 AM
I don't understand the reasoning behind the Bears photos decision. How can there be a loss of dignity for a robot?

As for the "magic" factor, everyone understands that the Bears were an illusion. To know how the Bears worked - that's the magic for me.

Ralph Wiggum
09-28-2001, 08:15 AM
check the bottom of this page on www.westcoaster.net

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=921011

blusilva
09-28-2001, 10:05 AM
I kind of think Al did the right thing. I'm not so sure I want to see hot, nekkid, Country Bears, any more than I ever want to see Space Mountain with the lights on. Some people get off on that, others don't.

Although, I did click on thru, didn't I? :D

09-28-2001, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Ralphie!

Now, let me check ... yep, the magic's still there.

Mike
09-28-2001, 12:57 PM
Yay! Thanks, Ralph!:cool:

Ralph Wiggum
09-28-2001, 01:41 PM
Don't thank me...thank westcoaster.net . They always have great picture updates. (their articles are another thing, especially the one that bashes on mouseplanet).

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Am I missing something? I can't see any bare bears? All I can make out is the antlers (which actually could have come from the bar) and it looks like a pile of junk. Or is there a specific photo with the skinned bears?

Ralph Wiggum
09-28-2001, 02:49 PM
No actual bears but the things in there are from the show.

BTW...is that O.J. next to the truck with the bear's stuff!

http://www.westcoaster.net/images/updates/92101/92101-dlr004-lrg.jpg

pixiepal
09-28-2001, 04:48 PM
That is a FUNNY thread name!!
Certainly got my attention!
Anyway...I really hope they end up in the Hungry Bear Restaurant. I think a little dinner show would be so cool, and kids would really get a kick out of it. I wouldn't worry about it being a Chucky Cheese-y affair because I have faith that Disney would do it right!

JRob2k1
09-28-2001, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
BTW...is that O.J. next to the truck with the bear's stuff!

Nice Ralph, nice....:D :D

-JRob

beanpole
09-28-2001, 08:59 PM
I'm with Mike; I love pictures of AA figures with their intricate mechanics exposed. My fascination began when I was a preteen, standing beneath Max at the conclusion of a CBJ show and watching him move as the audience filed out around me.

I noticed a small gap between the wall and where the head is attached, and through that gap I could make out moving machinery. The best thing was hearing the clicking of the actuators, the whining of the servos and what sounded like the hum of an air conditioner coming from all three AA heads. Ever since, I've been searching for images of AA figures with visible innards. It's so cool.

I took some pictures of an AA demonstration show at WDW's EPCOT (located in their version of Innoventions) featuring three plastic, see-through AA heads nodding up and down in time to some music while another 'naked' AA figure demonstrated his ability to move realistically. I still enjoy looking at those pictures.

WizKidRyan
09-28-2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by beanpole
I'm with Mike; I love pictures of AA figures with their intricate mechanics exposed. My fascination began when I was a preteen, standing beneath Max at the conclusion of a CBJ show and watching him move as the audience filed out around me.

That's why I love Tom Morrow so much :)
There are extremely few animatronics in the park you can see the workings of (Tom and the duck robots in the star tours que come to mind), but it's extremely cool to see :)