PDA

View Full Version : New parade spurs Halloween Party ticket sales?

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
08-29-2016, 07:46 PM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/252003-1/BallroomDancers1280-Disney.jpg

Disney announced earlier today a brand-new addition to Mickey's Halloween Party, a new villains-based "Frightfully Fun" Parade. The parade begins with the ride of the Headless Horseman down Main Street, U.S.A., and includes scenes with Jack Skellington, the Haunted Mansion, and a cast of Disney Villains – but not Mickey and Pals. The Disney Parks Blog (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/the-all-new-frightfully-fun-parade-debuts-during-mickeys-halloween-party-at-disneyland-park/) confirms that the Fab 5 will not participate in this parade, but will make other appearances during the event.

The "Frightfully Fun" parade will be performed only during Mickey's Halloween Party, an after-hours event which requires separate admission. There are 17 parties scheduled in 2016. The special event includes trick-or-treat stations, themed entertainment, a performance of the event-exclusive Halloween Screams fireworks, and now this brand-new parade. The Headless Horseman is a crowd favorite at Walt Disney World, and West Coast fans are sure to be equally excited. I also think this is Jack Skellington's first appearance in a Disney parade.

Prices jumped quite a bit again this year, with Halloween night tickets now $99, up from $84 in 2015 and from $77 in 2014. The least-expensive advance purchase ticket available with an annual passholder discount now $72, up from $63 in 2015 and $56 in 2014.

We noted that there were no discounts for the first event of the year, and this latest announcement may help explain the reasoning for that decision. Those who want to be first to see the Headless Horseman and the new parade will pay full fare this year.

There's also a "hidden" price increase this year, in that parking is no longer included with the purchase of the Halloween Party ticket. This won't matter to some annual passholders, but the policy change represents an additional expense of $18 per car for everyone else.

Tickets are available via Disneyland.com (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-halloween-party/purchase/) and at Disneyland ticket booths.

Possibly spurred by this announcement, as of this writing tickets are sold out for three of the event nights. We expect the remaining events will sell out before the end of September, and recommend that you buy your tickets as soon as possible if you plan to attend this year:

Sold out: October 14, 21, and 29
Available: September 23, 26, 28, 30; October 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, and 31

Before you turn to Craigslist, StubHub or eBay (all of which bring with them the very high risk of being defrauded), here are official ways you may still be able to buy legitimate party tickets directly from Disney:

Call Disneyland and order tickets by phone – A limited number of tickets may be available by phone for events that are sold out online. Call (714) 781-4636 to purchase by phone. Expect to wait on hold for at least 10 minutes.
Visit Disneyland and purchase tickets in person – A limited number of tickets may be available at the Disneyland ticket booths for events that are sold out online. However, if you tried to purchase tickets by phone and the night you wanted was sold out, they will not be available at the ticket booths.
Disneyland Resort Hotels – If you are a guest staying at one of the three Disney-owned hotels (Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel, or Grand Californian Hotel), check with your hotel desk the morning of the event to see if they have tickets available for purchase. In past years Disney has reserved a small number of tickets for concierge-level guests to purchase starting at 5:30 a.m. the morning of each party. However, some readers have reported that they were booked into a standard rooms and were allowed to buy the tickets as well. If you're already staying on property, it does not hurt to ask.
Friends or family – If friends/family already have tickets, they may be able to purchase additional tickets the day of the party. Again, a small number of tickets are reserved for same-day sales to help accommodate ticket holders who may have miscounted how many they need, or who had friends/family unexpectedly join them. As with the tickets reserved for hotel guests, these are very limited, and go on sale as soon as the ticket booths open in the morning. If at all possible, get there first thing in the morning to increase your chance of getting tickets. You must have the other event tickets with you—the cast member needs to see them, and cannot just trust your word that "so-and-so already has tickets."

Disneyphile
08-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Yeah. This is making me strongly consider it now. :)

queenbetsey
08-30-2016, 06:16 PM
any one know it they are going to offer dining packages for this (hopefully something at carnation café or café Orleans

Berry Princess
08-30-2016, 06:52 PM
We haven't gone to these since they were in DCA and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Once it moved to DL it was just to much for our family of 5 and even more so now more than ever. I can imagine they are pricing out many. Plus when my daughter got to a certain age she started having a horrible fear of the villains so we knew this would be a terrible idea to take her too. Not sure how it would be now but wouldn't be able to find out with the prices. I was surprised to see only 3 dates sold out but at the same time not to surprised as well with the expense. Especially for those that may be vacationing. They are already paying for hotels and tickets and whatever else so I can't imagine adding the cost of this into it all. IMO They aren't offering enough to justify the prices.

tea4two
08-30-2016, 07:18 PM
any one know it they are going to offer dining packages for this (hopefully something at carnation café or café Orleans

There is a package at Blue Bayou. I'm not sure if reservations have opened up yet.

sjhanksaz
08-31-2016, 09:13 AM
It entices me a little more however after attending the WDW and the Disneyland one I would pay for the WDW in a heart beat and not the Disneyland one. Disneyland was so busy and I felt like all I came out with was a bunch of candy and only rode 5 rides due to the length of the lines.

yellowrosedtxn
08-31-2016, 10:18 AM
There is a package at Blue Bayou. I'm not sure if reservations have opened up yet.

I am looking forward to the Halloween party. I have never been, so I can't wait to go. What is the Blue Bayou package? I mean is it for a specific seating area? And would it be worth it?

MadasaHatter
08-31-2016, 10:49 AM
I am guessing that the addition of the parade will make the cost a bit more efficient. IF I were vacationing I would definitely opt for the Hallowe'en Party and take advantage of the early entry at 3:00. I would have a sleep in and room service breakfast....a mid morning swim, a nice luncheon reservation and then back to the hotel room to get into costume and at the gate at 2:55 to enter the park. It will be interesting to see what the added entertainment value is this year....

olegc
08-31-2016, 12:32 PM
I am looking forward to the Halloween party. I have never been, so I can't wait to go. What is the Blue Bayou package? I mean is it for a specific seating area? And would it be worth it?

go to this link and scroll towards the bottom. There is a note about it.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/

queenbetsey
08-31-2016, 04:05 PM
thanks for the link. must have missed it yesterday when I was looking. wow 65 bucks a piece? yipes! wish they would have a more moderate one. or maybe do one out of the plaza inn (fried chicken yummm) or at café Orleans or carnation café. we did the Aladdin one for paint the night and man that food was terrible! the seating was great (except for the one cm who kept letting in pretty young girls who had not gotten the package into the area)

yellowrosedtxn
09-01-2016, 07:12 AM

Thank you very much! I have one other question. I was able to acquire a map for WDW for the Not So Scary Halloween party, does anyone have a PDF link for the Disneyland one for this year?

amazedncal
09-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Thank you for posting the link:) I've been watching for the big announcement (like they did last year.) It never occurred to me to just look at PS times at Blue Bayou.

Sansarc
09-01-2016, 04:41 PM
I bought the dining package online yesterday for me and my husband at the Blue Bayou, for the 10/26 Halloween Party. Mainly because I wanted to secure a space to watch the parade. Last year, when I went alone, it was extremely difficult for me to hold onto my place on the parade route because families with strollers and large packages kept pushing at me and asking me if I was waiting for people, etc. It was so rude, and made me feel kind of sad and depressed. This year, I didn't want to struggle with that, so I bought the dining package. And of course, this year my husband is coming with me (yay!).

But I do have a question -- my dinner reservation is for 5:10 pm. That was the only time available. When does the parade start? I've searched all over the Disney site and didn't find any schedule of events for that night, or even a similar night during the Halloween party -- that lists the parade time. Does anyone know? And are fireworks directly afterwards? Does anyone know if the fireworks happen before 11 pm, and then does the park itself stay open an extra hour for shopping on Main Street? Or does the whole thing close up at 11?

leota's necklace
09-03-2016, 09:31 AM
The calendar hasn't been published for that far ahead, yet, but looking at the schedule for 10/12 shows the parade at 8:30 and 10:30 and the fireworks at 9:30. I seem to remember that the Park closes up tight at the end of the event, but I could be wrong on that.

Sansarc
09-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Thanks, Leota's Necklace. I didn't even see the parade times listed on the Disney calendar for other nights either! Appreciate your help.

MadasaHatter
09-09-2016, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Sansarc;1935526]I bought the dining package online yesterday for me and my husband at the Blue Bayou, for the 10/26 Halloween Party. Mainly because I wanted to secure a space to watch the parade. Last year, when I went alone, it was extremely difficult for me to hold onto my place on the parade route because families with strollers and large packages kept pushing at me and asking me if I was waiting for people, etc. It was so rude, and made me feel kind of sad and depressed. This year, I didn't want to struggle with that, so I bought the dining package. And of course, this year my husband is coming with me (yay!).

I just moved down here from the Bay Area and I have spent the past 20 years mostly going to Disneyland with my late very good friend Tom who was 6'5" and I am 6'2"....so we always showed up for WOC, F!, Parades about one minute before they started and walked away. Since living down here I have gone to DLR with many families and well....shorter people....and we have sat to wait for parades and it is INDEED sad. People are so rude and I don't know how DLR does such a good job (probably because they do a parade daily!) It does take the magic out of your day at Disneyland and now I know why lots of my friends don't like the parks. I was always spoiled. I have done the dining packages a lot with friends and family if they have NEVER seen a particular event and it is REALLY the only way to go. So much nicer. I am debating whether to do that as I am attending MHP for the first time since they re-booted it ( I know I will like the original better but am clear on why it had to go....ha!)

AVP
09-11-2016, 03:41 PM
10/12 is now sold out online.

tea4two
09-11-2016, 07:39 PM
9/30 and 10/31 now sold out. I think that makes 7 parties sold out as of today.

AVP
09-11-2016, 08:13 PM
9/30 and 10/31 now sold out. I think that makes 7 parties sold out as of today.That happened sometime in the last 4 hours. When I posted at 4:41, they were both open.

I was able to purchase tickets to the "sold out" 10/29 event in person at the Disneyland ticket booths on Friday. I suggest anyone looking to go on a sold out night call (714) 781-4636 to purchase by phone before that stock of tickets goes too.

tea4two
09-12-2016, 05:43 PM
10/10 and 10/17 now sold out online. Boy, that was quick!

WeLoveDisney
09-13-2016, 07:11 AM
I was able to purchase 4 tickets to the sold out 10/10 party by calling ticket services 714-781-4400 when they opened at 7am this morning. She said that their stock is limited but there are still some available :)

AVP
09-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Tickets are now sold out for ten of the Mickey's Halloween Party event nights via the Disneyland web site, including the opening night of the event:

Sold out – September 23, 30; October 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 21, 29 and 31

Available – September 26, 28; October 3, 5, 19, 24, 26

I got one ticket for opening night earlier today at the ticket booth, but the CM said they were very low for that night.

olegc
09-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Fyi - 26th looks to be a night where iHeart radio stations are giving away 4 packs. Even the sports station (am570). So that may make free tickets available for that night even though it's not been popular to begin with.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tea4two
09-21-2016, 12:32 AM
9/26 or 10/26?

10/3 and 10/5 are now sold out online.

olegc
10-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Wow! I saw video tonight of the headless horseman riding on a nearly empty Main St. (We'd Oct 19th party). Party sold out? If so no one is watching the parade.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk