PDA

View Full Version : Sprinkles is coming to Downtown Disney Anaheim

AVP
08-28-2016, 10:09 AM
https://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/246482-3/ASD-05162016-18.jpg

I just came across a building permit for a new Sprinkles Cupcakes location to be build at Downtown Disney Anaheim. The shop will be right next to the first Starbucks in Downtown Disney, in a portion of the space recently vacated by Quiksilver.

No idea when the shop could open. Another branch of the popular cupcake chain opened earlier this year at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World. That location features a "Cupcake ATM," where customers can indulge their sweet tooth well after the bakery closes for the night.

Malcon10t
08-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Oh, not good! There are too many choices already!

disneyland addict13
08-28-2016, 02:31 PM
During my last trip to Disneyland, we had a rental car and planned a special detour just to get Sprinkles cupcakes in LA - their banana cupcake is unreal. Needless to say, I am very excited by this news!!!

AnotherJenny
08-29-2016, 11:22 AM
I say this as a local AP who lives a short drive from Sprinkles already, but...

The lack of retail stores at DTD and in the resort area in general makes anything more than a day trip less appealing. I only need so much Disney stuff and I can only eat so much in a 2-3 day trip.

Also, if you like the banana cupcake, you have to try The King.

tlovesdis
08-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Boo! Not a fan of their cupcakes at all! I can make better cupcakes at home. They are way overrated in my opinion!

disneyland addict13
08-31-2016, 12:15 PM
Also, if you like the banana cupcake, you have to try The King.

Only if I can get it without bacon! (Which I feel may defeat the purpose... haha)

stan4d_steph
09-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Sprinkles has an app and a rewards program. You get a free cupcake within 30 days of signing up, so you might want to wait on that until you know you will visit after it opens.

potzbie
09-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I have never heard of "Sprinkles".

I googled them.
The closest Sprinkles to Anaheim, California would be:
• Downtown Los Angeles
• The Grove (i.e., Farmers Market)
• Beverly Hills
• Westlake Village
• University of Southern California (USC)

No wonder I've never heard of Sprinkles. -- Too long a drive from the San Gabriel Valley, just for dessert.

Q. How can a business be based on cupcakes?
I went to their web site to see how much. I started an order -- pickup from Downtown L.A. -- $4.50 for 1 "red velvet".
Hmmmmm.
That better be one hell of a cupcake.

JPPT1974
09-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Never heard of it. But until now. It does sound like a great place to go.

olegc
09-02-2016, 11:21 AM
I have never heard of "Sprinkles".

I googled them.
The closest Sprinkles to Anaheim, California would be:
• Downtown Los Angeles
• The Grove (i.e., Farmers Market)
• Beverly Hills
• Westlake Village
• University of Southern California (USC)

No wonder I've never heard of Sprinkles. -- Too long a drive from the San Gabriel Valley, just for dessert.

Q. How can a business be based on cupcakes?
I went to their web site to see how much. I started an order -- pickup from Downtown L.A. -- $4.50 for 1 "red velvet".
Hmmmmm.
That better be one hell of a cupcake.

newport beach too.

It captured branding in the marketplace with unique flavors and combinations. They also offer those ATMs for cupcakes as mentioned before.
They also have an Ice Cream brand as well.
The newport store tends to have lines in both shops.

Engine74
09-02-2016, 01:53 PM
I like desserts but have never really understood all the hype on cupcakes. If I want cake, give me a slice. The DL Resort bakers do great, never been dissapointed when I get a slice in the park. Their carrot cake that they have at the Plazza Inn is one of the best.

TTFN92
09-02-2016, 10:58 PM
I am not a fan of Sprinkles. I think they taste like a cheap, box cake.

tea4two
09-03-2016, 12:08 AM
There is also a location in the Americana in Glendale.