PDA

View Full Version : Is Minnies Breakfast in the Park going away?

RoseRedSW
08-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Hi Guys - first post so bare with me :)

I go to Disneyland at least 3 times a year - and we always make reservations at Minnies - but for our trip in October we have been unable to do so (This isn't a request for help on reservations, bare with me)

We have called for the past few days (and tried to use the app) on the day the reservations have opened up - and have been told it's "all booked." But, as I said, it's the day the reservations open up - and very much in the low season - it simply shouldn't be all booked.

Then, we noticed today that if you go to the Plaza Inns page on the Disneyland website, on the right side bar with the calendar option for reservation - and go to October - it's ALL greyed out.

So, you can't even make a reservation if you wanted. My sister tried to pry when she talked to them today, but didn't get anything other than a very coded "its all booked up."

So, has anyone heard anything? It's not on any referb schedule, and I've searched everywhere - I really don't want to lose this restaurant - we've already lost the BBQ...

tea4two
08-15-2016, 04:17 PM
I haven't heard that Minnie & Friends is going away. But I have read on other boards that the bookings for October haven't fully opened up yet (something about park hours not yet set). Keep checking each day by phone and online. I remember that something like this happened last year, too -- PS reservations opened quite late and lots of people were anxious. (And October is no longer a low season. It can be very busy throughout the month, what with school breaks, conventions, and HalloweenTime. Since the 60th, there no longer seems to be a truly uncrowded time in the parks -- which you've probably noticed if you've visited this year.)

candles71
08-15-2016, 05:00 PM
We had issues making PS in March. The problem I was told was they were expecting rain, which blocks out all of the outside. They may be blocking some until closer to knowing the weather. Also, when in October? During Gay Days or during UEA? Both are crazy timeframes anymore. As is most of october at this point.
Wasn't Plaza Inn scheduled for refurb at one point? Did it already happen?

3Princesses1Prince
08-15-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm thinking possible refurb. Or as someone said, park hours aren't finalized yet.