PDA

View Full Version : A bit early but. Are they still doing AP nights like Christmas again this year?

Nightwing
08-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Yea its only August!

But was wondering if they will do another AP party for renewal in Dec/Jan/Feb? Enjoyed the one for Christmas last year! Or a variant on AP Days for the holidays?

AnotherJenny
08-05-2016, 07:46 PM
They haven't done one yet this year, I don't think they're suddenly going to do it again after skipping the rest of the year. At the last two that I went to they didn't even actually have the carts out so that people could renew.

Nightwing
08-05-2016, 08:22 PM
They haven't done one yet this year, I don't think they're suddenly going to do it again after skipping the rest of the year. At the last two that I went to they didn't even actually have the carts out so that people could renew.

Yea. :(

Tnks!

Engine74
08-05-2016, 10:08 PM
I think with the change over to the new passes and price increase and all the Star Wars construction they are skipping this year.

Nightwing
08-06-2016, 06:48 AM
I think with the change over to the new passes and price increase and all the Star Wars construction they are skipping this year.

Could be...

But attendance is down and sounds like a good number of AP's cut back and or dropped their pass last and this year.

Hopping, but if nothing. Wont fret about it.

AnotherJenny
08-06-2016, 10:56 AM
At the last few that I went to the lines were so long that I doubt many people spent any money. I think that AP Days were likely the successor to the anniversary parties.

olegc
08-06-2016, 02:31 PM
well, according to the latest news I read attendance is still strong (maybe up) at Disneyland, down everywhere else, but I do agree that with the price increases, the Shanghai push, and the thrust to build things at Disneyland in order to gain tax favors has put the kabosh on any goodies for AP holders. If you noticed this year that have been no events for APs, and non Parks Blog meetups this year (except for Movies where that's usually paid for by Walt Disney Studios). Those cost money to do and this year, well, spending on "extras" is not in the strategy.

Nightwing
08-06-2016, 06:24 PM
well, according to the latest news I read attendance is still strong (maybe up) at Disneyland, down everywhere else, but I do agree that with the price increases, the Shanghai push, and the thrust to build things at Disneyland in order to gain tax favors has put the kabosh on any goodies for AP holders. If you noticed this year that have been no events for APs, and non Parks Blog meetups this year (except for Movies where that's usually paid for by Walt Disney Studios). Those cost money to do and this year, well, spending on "extras" is not in the strategy.

Yea... Except for AP Days that ran for a month. Nothing basically.

olegc
08-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Yea... Except for AP Days that ran for a month. Nothing basically.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I guess it was OK.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nightwing
08-14-2016, 04:20 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. I guess it was OK.

Wonder if that will take place of the AP party?

Princess Aurora Fan
08-14-2016, 04:47 PM
I too don't think there going to do any AP events this year. I when to mine last year send my is up in Dec. I didn't enjoy it like I did the year before. To me the year before had better rare and super rare characters out like. 3 Littie Pigs which I miss of getting when they switch to Clarabelle Cow & Horse Horsecoller. Also had the Country Bears out and Blue Fairy from what I hear who I miss as well. Last year the only rare characters they had out where Lady Termine & The Step Sisters dancing over by the Royal Theater. Anyways I don't believe it will happen because with all the cuts Disney has done at DLand and with the building of Star Wars Land and other stuff. I really don't see it happing.

Nightwing
08-17-2016, 12:03 PM
I too don't think there going to do any AP events this year. I when to mine last year send my is up in Dec. I didn't enjoy it like I did the year before. To me the year before had better rare and super rare characters out like. 3 Littie Pigs which I miss of getting when they switch to Clarabelle Cow & Horse Horsecoller. Also had the Country Bears out and Blue Fairy from what I hear who I miss as well. Last year the only rare characters they had out where Lady Termine & The Step Sisters dancing over by the Royal Theater. Anyways I don't believe it will happen because with all the cuts Disney has done at DLand and with the building of Star Wars Land and other stuff. I really don't see it happing.

2014 was fun with Uncle Scrooge. Was a bit thin but was enjoyable.

Princess Aurora Fan
08-19-2016, 05:40 PM
2014 was fun with Uncle Scrooge. Was a bit thin but was enjoyable.

The ones I got in 2014 where. Cinderella, Prince Charming,Suzy,Perla,Fairy Godmother,Aladdin,Jasmine,Judge Frollo,Ratchiff,Jafar,Clarabelle Cow,Horse Horsecoller,Wendell,Shaker,Brer Fox,Bear,Brer Rabbit,Pocahuntas,John Smith,Mekko & on the outside Belle in her Christmas dress.

In 2015 I only got Santa, Lady Termine,Anastasie,Drizella & Wendell & Shaker.

Engine74
08-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Just got an email, AP Days is returning September 6 to October 2.
You can enjoy Annual Passholder offerings like:
• AP Days button series—a new release each week (while supplies last)
• Special Character Experiences and photo opportunities
• Themed activities and seasonal showcases
• Recipe card series—with a new addition each week
• And more!

olegc
08-22-2016, 12:40 PM
I am glad they are doing something for AP holders but I find these underwhelming. " Better than nothing" doesn't spark my interest though I know others find it great.

Princess Aurora Fan
08-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Yeah I got one as well today. I can't wait I hope we get some really good rare characters for this.

cstephens
08-23-2016, 09:36 AM
I know some people are underwhelmed by the AP days offerings, but I think they're cool. I don't expect parties for the price of my AP cause that's not promised to me. Anything they do is a definite bonus. My favorite has been when we got to see some of the floats from Soundsational up close and personal. But even from my limited exposure, there were SO many complaints about that - there wasn't enough notice given, how are people from out of town supposed to attend, why is the event so late because kids can't stay out so late, why does the event end so early because people have to work and can't get there until X time. I heard similar comments about the renewal parties, about not being able to go the night it was offered and why couldn't they bring more people than allowed on the invite. It was really interesting to witness.

I think the AP days stuff has a chance of being experienced by more people because it's offered over a longer period of time. The recipes and buttons are small things, but people seem to enjoy them. I haven't done the photo ops, but those seem pretty popular too. They are all nice bonuses.

stan4d_steph
08-23-2016, 10:46 AM
I think the AP days stuff has a chance of being experienced by more people because it's offered over a longer period of time. The recipes and buttons are small things, but people seem to enjoy them. I haven't done the photo ops, but those seem pretty popular too. They are all nice bonuses.I agree, it's nice to have a longer period so people can plan a trip. The bigger parties sounded cool, but I was never able to attend them because they were on weeknights and I wasn't able to arrange vacation time to visit from out of town.

Nightwing
08-23-2016, 06:11 PM
I know some people are underwhelmed by the AP days offerings, but I think they're cool. I don't expect parties for the price of my AP cause that's not promised to me. Anything they do is a definite bonus. My favorite has been when we got to see some of the floats from Soundsational up close and personal. But even from my limited exposure, there were SO many complaints about that - there wasn't enough notice given, how are people from out of town supposed to attend, why is the event so late because kids can't stay out so late, why does the event end so early because people have to work and can't get there until X time. I heard similar comments about the renewal parties, about not being able to go the night it was offered and why couldn't they bring more people than allowed on the invite. It was really interesting to witness.

I think the AP days stuff has a chance of being experienced by more people because it's offered over a longer period of time. The recipes and buttons are small things, but people seem to enjoy them. I haven't done the photo ops, but those seem pretty popular too. They are all nice bonuses.

Agree... Be nice if they had a Christmas one. But Looking forward to this.

olegc
08-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Something struck me. This time AP days is only in DCA. Previously they had some content in Disneyland at Great Moments theater.

Princess Aurora Fan
08-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Something struck me. This time AP days is only in DCA. Previously they had some content in Disneyland at Great Moments theater.

From what I read the other day don't remember where it was but I think why it will not be at Great Moments this time I think it's going to be down for Refurbishment. So that could be why not there this time.