PDA

View Full Version : Halloween time and party dates

Pages : [1] 2 3

olegc
07-13-2016, 09:32 AM
Posted https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/scare-up-some-fun-with-halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort-september-9-through-october-31/

Still no pricing posted publicly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

olegc
07-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Btw - headless horseman this year.

tlovesdis
07-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Prices are here...

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/

NickP
07-13-2016, 11:06 AM
Pricing can be found at the link below. I've never been and had tentatively been planning on going this year but have had some unexpected big expenses pop up so may try next year but also dependent on how soon Star Wars land is expected to open. Oh well.
Lots of complaints in the comments and FB about the price increase and parking not being included.

olegc
07-13-2016, 11:06 AM
Prices are here...

Ha. This morning when they posted the dates the "ticket" section for special events was not populated. It said come back later.

NickP
07-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Am I reading this part right?

•Tickets are valid for admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party and to Disneyland Park beginning 3 hours prior to the start of the party.

I thought you had to buy a park admission ticket AND party ticket separately, or is that only if you want a full day (open to close) at the park?
So if I went on a day where the party was scheduled from 7pm - midnight I could potentially go from 4pm - midnight for the price of the party ticket? Someone please correct me if I am wrong because that sounds more doable if so.

olegc
07-13-2016, 11:17 AM
NickP u saw it right. This was the format they had last year too.

Niwel
07-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Doesn't look like they've announced the Happy Haunts Tour yet.

NickP
07-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks olegc. Now I am rethinking this again. $99 (the Saturday I want to go) for eight hours at Disneyland for the Halloween party still sounds like a pretty good value to me.
What is crowding like on these typically? I figure it's dependent on the date of course but generally is it less crowded than it would be during a non-party night?

bumblebeeonarose
07-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks olegc. Now I am rethinking this again. $99 (the Saturday I want to go) for eight hours at Disneyland for the Halloween party still sounds like a pretty good value to me.
What is crowding like on these typically? I figure it's dependent on the date of course but generally is it less crowded than it would be during a non-party night?

Most days sell-out. I think all but one or two did last year. I do not know if they sell the same number of tickets for every party or not.

josephfive
07-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know what the sell out capacity is?

olegc
07-13-2016, 01:32 PM
BTW I don't think parking is included this year either.

NickP
07-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Yeah people on the parks blog and FB aren't happy at the fee increase coupled with parking not being included.

My question was along the lines of but not as specific as josephs - is the park crazy busy during these dates for the party? Less busy but more intimate? Can anyone who has been shed a little light?

olegc
07-13-2016, 02:48 PM
I think in the parks is not so bad during the party but that does mean that Disneyland before the party be busy. Mouseplanet just updated their HalloweenTime post with party info, breakdowns on cost comparisons, and advice on better days. Go check it out.

AVP
07-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Here's my take on the 2016 announcement:

https://www.mouseplanet.com/11492/Disneyland_Announces_2016_Halloween_Time

leota's necklace
07-13-2016, 07:46 PM
I sure wish they'd get their act together inre: adult costume guidelines. The ones they have are bupkis. I'm hoping that if I make a shorter skirt for my Leota costume (so the hem doesn't reach the ground) I'm in the clear.

yellowrosedtxn
07-14-2016, 05:10 AM
I am SO Excited! I can't wait to buy my ticket. I am thinking about going on a Wednesday verses going on a Friday. That should have less crowds right? I have never been and now I get to go to the one in California and the one in Florida! I am so happy my kids are grown!

danyoung
07-14-2016, 08:24 AM
I thought you had to buy a park admission ticket AND party ticket separately, or is that only if you want a full day (open to close) at the park?

It's my understanding that you're correct - you don't need a regular ticket to go to the Halloween party. If the party starts at 7pm, you can show up at 4pm and your Halloween ticket will get you in.

EhhMon
07-15-2016, 12:03 AM
I'm still kind of lost. Can someone help me out. If I plan to pay for a 3 day hopper pass the weekend before Halloween. It does not include the party ticket. That's a separate ticket I need to purchase to be able to take part in the Halloween festivities?

Edit update: After perusing the forums more.....I got my answer! Sorry!

tea4two
07-15-2016, 12:57 AM
You are correct. MHP is a separately ticketed event, not included in regular park admission. If you plan on attending one of the parties, don't wait until the weekend before Halloween to purchase. Those dates will most likely sell out.

Shortpix77
07-15-2016, 06:39 AM
You are correct. MHP is a separately ticketed event, not included in regular park admission. If you plan on attending one of the parties, don't wait until the weekend before Halloween to purchase. Those dates will most likely sell out.

Are you guys going this year? I think we're leaning toward 10/21, but not sure yet. I'm planning to read the adult guidelines a million times and make sure I'm following them, but I'm still going to wear a costume. Don't steal my fun, Disney!

yellowrosedtxn
07-15-2016, 07:33 AM
Are you guys going this year? I think we're leaning toward 10/21, but not sure yet. I'm planning to read the adult guidelines a million times and make sure I'm following them, but I'm still going to wear a costume. Don't steal my fun, Disney!

I know you didn't ask me, but is anyone going to be there on Oct 11th? That is when I think I want to go.

Shortpix77
07-15-2016, 08:17 AM
I know you didn't ask me, but is anyone going to be there on Oct 11th? That is when I think I want to go.

10/11 is not a party day...

cookie7762
07-15-2016, 08:44 AM
I plan to do the AP or Disney visa pre purchase date for the trick or treat party. I see they released the date tickets go on sale, but I can't tell what time. Does anyone know if they go on sale at midnight or is it a morning time? Also, how does the early access thing work?

yellowrosedtxn
07-15-2016, 09:15 AM
10/11 is not a party day...

Sorry, I meant the 12th.