PDA

View Full Version : A question on Indy

Kevy Baby
12-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Another thread reminded me of something I have always wondered.

I know that because of ride programming, many sections have several different "options" (three doors of Mara, Indy having different sayings in the two places you see him, Indy having different sayings right before the snake, where the Jeep stalls, etc.). See here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/docs/indy.htm) for more details.

Has anyone ever compiled a list of the variations? I tried hunting old threads but couldn't find anything.

imagineerhopeful
12-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Compose a list if you like... but the total number of different ride variations exceeds 100,000. But that was before the broken ice machine n' stuff...

Kevy Baby
12-16-2003, 09:55 AM
To clarify; I am looking for which individual ELEMENTS vary. I listed 5. What others are there?

Morrigoon
12-16-2003, 10:21 AM
There are the individual movements of the vehicle, too numerous to detail

The snake attacks different rows in the car as well you know... Oh, and nobody ever notices this, but the snake actually peeks around the corner and then his eyes follow you as you come around toward him - watch it sometime!

Ghoulish Delight
12-16-2003, 10:47 AM
It's never happened to me, but supposedly the snake can miss all of the rows and "hit" the back of the car, causing the back end to swerve a little.

Cadaverous Pallor
12-16-2003, 05:58 PM
There's also the different things that Sallah (the guide that narrates the queue movie) says when you get in the jeep and when the ride is over. I know that when the ride ends, Sallah's line is supposed to match which door you went through originally. I don't know exact quotes, but the one I remember best is if you go through the eternal youth door Sallah jokes about helping you with strollers. :) Sometimes the line matches, sometimes it doesn't. (Where's G-Hawk when you need him? ;) )

BTW originally John-Rhys Davies portrayed Sallah for the ride, same as he did in the movies, but the latest additions to the spiel, including the usual "hands arms feet and legs" heard in the queue, seem to be done by an imitator. Oh well.