PDA

View Full Version : Question - What do the 3 paths in Indiana Do?

Forbin
12-15-2003, 03:26 PM
On the ride, when you start you are given the choice of 3 paths.

One must be maintenance.
One must be the ride.

What does the third path do?

Andrew
12-15-2003, 03:34 PM
It's a clever illusion--there is actually only one path.

Ghoulish Delight
12-15-2003, 04:22 PM
To expand on Andrew's answer
The doors and the walls you see are actually on a moveable track. If you look at the floor, you can see three paths for the car to follow, however, only one is real. The short explanation is that the room shifts so the door you are going through lines up with the real track.

There is a maintanance bay access door,. It's just before the mirror. If you're coming from the right hand loading station, it's directly in front of you before you turn to face the doors.

Bruce Bergman
12-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
It's a clever illusion--there is actually only one path.

And to elucidate on the subject further... Just as you leave the load/unload station there is a switch in the floor where the two station tracks merge. Right after that - where your transport makes the first right turn heading to the Three Doors - there is another rotary switch in the floor, that's where the track leads off back to the maintenance area. I believe the doors are painted as "bookshelves".

As to the Three Doors themselves, how dare you suggest that there is anything faked! :mad: You will anger Mara if you keep spouting blasphemy like that! :rolleyes: You have three paths through the show building...

Actually, there are five doors on a track of sorts - two on either side of the real one, and some movable partition walls, mirrors and scrims. The one ride path stays the same, but they shift the illusion of the doors and change the lighting so it looks like there is either one false door visible on either side of the one you go through, or two on the left, or two on the right. You can see some of the drive chains and parts of this mechanism if you look behind the transport as you pass through the doors.

The rest of the changes in that first Mara room are all done by using different soundtracks, changing the room lighting, front-lighting or back-lighting scenery hidden behind cheesecloth scrims on the walls and ceiling, and projections.

Any other questions? :p

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

PS: Why am I suddenly tempted to see if I can post this in the Marascript Font instead of a Spoiler box? :~D

Bumper-sticker in Marascript: "If you can read this, you hang out at Disneyland WAY too much!" :cool:

Captain Josh
12-15-2003, 05:01 PM
From the Desk of Lost Delta Tourism Dept.:

We are glad to see you have expressed interest in visiting the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. We assure you our ongoing digsite is perfectly safe for tourists to pass through on the way to the loading docks.

As for you question, The three paths of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye, pertain to the three gifts of the temple's deity, Mara. These gifts represent Mara's "Future Sight", "Earthly Riches" and "Eternal Youth".

Be warned, if you do choose to take a temple tour, be sure to do so under the supervision of a QUALIFIED Temple tourguide. They will be able to provide proper information on the temple, boarding, and transport procedure.

Have a pleasant trip!

~Signed~
Captain Joshua Loy, Spirit of Adventure Tours

Forbin
12-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Wow so much info!

Thanks for all the help folks...That is a cool effect.

I just wish I didn't feel like I was running through the maze and just stick around to watch the Movie now and then.

DisneyFan25863
12-15-2003, 08:53 PM
If you notice when you go on the ride, you always go straight at the door, never turning right or left.