PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, something's missing.

Ghoulish Delight
12-15-2003, 01:36 PM
I guess they weren't finished with it before the attraction came out of refurb. Hopefully it will return soon.

Something in particular goes here? (http://members.tripod.com/~The_Blue_Torpedo/Disney/whereisit.html)

Bill Catherall
12-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Maybe he landed himself back in prison.

Not Afraid
12-15-2003, 01:45 PM
He was sentenced to 60 days in rehab. The attraction didn't have quite the same degree of problem.

Morrigoon
12-15-2003, 01:48 PM
Maybe he's being treated for a tongue condition? I hear it's been looking a bit discolored lately...

Kevy Baby
12-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Okay, so where is that?

Or is that the $64,238 (inflation) question?

Bill Catherall
12-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Maybe he's being treated for a tongue condition? I hear it's been looking a bit discolored lately... Maybe from all the tar. Every time I see him he's got a cigarette perched between his fingers.

Nephythys
12-15-2003, 02:20 PM
That appears to be the queue for POTC- but who are you talking about?:confused:

I am so out of the loop-:crying:

Kevy Baby
12-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Nephythys
I am so out of the loop-:crying: Me too

But does that mean everyone else is loopy?:D

Andrew
12-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Nephythys
That appears to be the queue for POTC- but who are you talking about?:confused:

The photo is taken inside the queue area for Mr Toad's Wild Ride in Fantasyland, recently reopened after a several-week rehab. It looks like the statue of J. Thaddeus Toad was not returned to its usual place of honor in the window when the attraction reopened.

Niwel
12-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Maybe he finally found Nowhere in Particular -- I know I've been searching for it for years!!!!

Ghoulish Delight
12-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
Nowhere in Particular :D Yes, the "Somthing in particular" in my link was supposed to be my not so subtle clue.

And speaking of Toad's, on Saturday, hell was suprisingly plesant. The heater was turned off, very disappointing :(

Cadaverous Pallor
12-15-2003, 03:53 PM
I would like to point out that the refurb did wonders for the exterior and interior queue of the ride. All the pennies and gum shoved into the door are gone and everything's freshly painted. The mural in the loading area looks brand new as well. It put a smile on my face.

which promptly vanished when we noticed the missing Toad :(

Oh well, I'm sure he'll be back soon and looking more handsome than ever.

Matterhorn Fan
12-15-2003, 04:25 PM
They did the exterior of the queue, too? Does that mean that finally MacBadger's got his nose back?

Nephythys
12-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
The photo is taken inside the queue area for Mr Toad's Wild Ride in Fantasyland, recently reopened after a several-week rehab. It looks like the statue of J. Thaddeus Toad was not returned to its usual place of honor in the window when the attraction reopened.

Ah- ok- I guess I have not paid close attention to the inside of that queue. Thanks!:D

Ghoulish Delight
12-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
They did the exterior of the queue, too? Does that mean that finally MacBadger's got his nose back? Didn't see. The line was long enough, but no one was bothering to make sure it went through the switch backs rather out into the middle of Fantasyland :rolleyes:

Actually, a couple years back, they DID fix poor MacBadgers probiscus. But not only did it look weird as it was an entirely different color than the rest of his body, it soon disappeared again.

spectromen
12-16-2003, 09:52 AM
I once got a private tour of Toad pre-opening in 1992 and the manager who took me around said that statue is offstage constantly due to the damage it sustains from being in such close touching distance to guests. A shame, but at least they keep repairing it. Now, I just wanna know why the smoke stacks no longer smoke?!

mamabot
12-16-2003, 12:15 PM
From the AP:

"Mr. Toad has been given an extended vacation by the Judge. He has been spotted roaming the Disneyland Park with a stiff Jaguar and a singing Donkey. The last group who caught a glimpse of the trio said that they were headed for a churro."