PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Question

UncleGDogWord
12-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Hello all!

Where is a good place to be to catch the full countdown experience on New Years Eve?

My wife and I will be DLR that week for New Years and wanted to know where is the best place to stake out.

Also, has anyone taken the Holiday Magic and Walk in Walt's Footsteps tours? We will be taking those in as well.

Thank yo all for your input and Happy Holidays.

Morrigoon
12-15-2003, 01:02 PM
On NYE, it's every man for himself. The full experience is on Main Street, but the full experience consists of bone-crushing density of humanity.

Maybe better on Small World Mall or over in the F! area (which you WILL have to stake out in the early afternoon on that date!)

cemeinke
12-15-2003, 09:37 PM
In front of the castle is nice - but expect to do some camping, and be prepared to defend your territory as the night wears on. They will usually do some sort of show/kick-off on the castle at midnight.

Last year there were additional fireworks at the smallworld mall at 9:00pm kicking off newyears on the east coast.

Rivers of America is usually a nice spot, but with 3 showings of Fantasmic that may be a bit hard to take.

I've been to NYE at Dl for the past 2 years and had a great time. The key is managing your expectations. The park is more crowded that you ever believed possible. There are lines for everything, not just rides - so plan your dinners (and bathroom breaks) wisely. And after the big show at midnight expect everyone wanting to leave (meaning add at least 30 minutes to get down Main Street). It's great if you have a group of people you can hang with.

CoasterMatt
12-15-2003, 09:46 PM
and a word of warning - don't line up behind people like me - we just might be forming a line to nowhere (or a utility closet in NOS, or an empty room in Tomorrowland, or...)

:~D

New Year's Eve at Disneyland is great fun, just be sure to spend the day with friends and cohorts :)

mystycalchyk
12-16-2003, 09:42 AM
NYE and DLAND is wonderful..its crowded worse thatn you ever imagined, and I for one love it love it love it!!!!

*will be in the same place shes been for the last 5 NYE's, right in front of the castle blowin' up a bunch of beach balls*

anyone wanna join me?

cemeinke
12-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh yes, the beach ball at the hub are the best. Hopefully, Disney will treat them the same way they did last year and just let everyone play.

My hat's off to you mystycalchyk, sorry I'll miss them this year.

mystycalchyk
12-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Oh yes, the beach ball at the hub are the best. Hopefully, Disney will treat them the same way they did last year and just let everyone play.

My hat's off to you mystycalchyk, sorry I'll miss them this year.

thanks. its alot of fun, and yes I hope they are cool about it this year. the one CM year before last was so mean about it.

:( you wont be there???