PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours - we got an Easter egg scene!

cstephens
07-05-2016, 11:26 AM
A bunch of us went on Star Tours yesterday, and we were so excited that we got one of the rumoured Easter egg scenes. I've not actually known anyone who'd seen it, so it was always "does it really exist?" in my mind. It involves Jar Jar, but I'll put the details in spoilers just in case.

In the regular scene, Jar Jar is standing when you're underwater in Naboo, and he ducks as you speed past him. I'd heard that in the Easter egg scene, you hit him with your vehicle, and I thought I'd read that he doesn't duck in time. Had never seen it. Yesterday, when we saw Jar Jar, he wasn't standing but rather swimming in front of us. But he doesn't swim fast enough, and we run into him with our craft! We were cheering and hollering!

There are a few other Easter egg scenes that I've heard of. A friend has actually experienced the one at the end of the Naboo trip. There's another one in Kashyykk that I've heard of. Can't remember if there are more. I need to go on this ride more often to increase my chances of seeing them.

Dave1313
07-05-2016, 11:45 AM
I think the differences are the same on both coasts, but I'll open by mentioning my comments are based on the DHS version.

In addition to the Jar Jar one you mention above, these three (one you allude to) were brought up when I had a discussion with a CM who used to work the ride.

In the one where you end in the Naboo hangar (normally the window punctured by the Naboo Starfighter nose), a new variant doesn't break the window, but the nose of the Starfighter breaks and the droid working on it throws yellow paint at your windshield.
In the beginning including Vader, there is a variant where one of the stormtroopers around him is replaced by Boba Fett.
In (I think) the one where you end in a star port on Coruscant, the Falcon with Chewbacca in the cockpit has been added in the background.

Cool little additions in addition to the really cool TFA scene we all get!

I think I've seen them all, though I may not have realized one or 2 of them on earlier trips until after having the discussion and then riding again and noticing the "special thing" missing.

candles71
07-05-2016, 11:54 AM
We have had all but your third variant in the last 6 months.

Shortpix77
07-05-2016, 02:49 PM
How cool! I haven't seen any of those and I've ridden the ride countless times. Looks like I need to ride some more!

candles71
07-05-2016, 03:51 PM
4 times we have had Naboo. Once the original way. Once with BOTH variants, and once each just the middle with the old end, once the original middle with the new end. If that makes sense. I think we had something else happen during the pod race, too, but I may be wrong.

Dave1313
07-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Realizing after re-reading cstephens' original post, I missed the note about the Kashyykk one!

Anyone have an idea what the difference or insertion was for that?

danyoung
07-06-2016, 05:37 AM
This is the first I've ever heard of the variants - very cool!

cstephens
07-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Realizing after re-reading cstephens' original post, I missed the note about the Kashyykk one!

Anyone have an idea what the difference or insertion was for that?

I've only heard that it involves the wookiee.

xezat
07-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Interesting I didn't know about the variants either, I mean it was rumored some scenes were more "rare" than the others, but guessing the variant of that must be rarer still. Wish I could just devote several hours to riding nothing but it straight lol.

Engine74
07-24-2016, 01:41 PM
I got the Kashyykk Easter egg on July 17th.. So spoiler alert

After the two speeder bikes you fly through the forest a little more and a Wookie is swing on a vine, think Chewie in Jedi on Endor. You also fly over more of the Wookie village than in the original.

danyoung
07-26-2016, 01:06 PM
I JUST SAW THIS!!! I didn't know it was an Easter egg, but I knew it was something I'd never seen before!

Dave1313
07-26-2016, 02:10 PM
I JUST SAW THIS!!! I didn't know it was an Easter egg, but I knew it was something I'd never seen before!

Now you need to do the right thing and ride it a bunch more times to try to see more of them! :) :) :D

Hope you are having a good trip!

danyoung
07-27-2016, 03:14 AM
Hope you are having a good trip!

It's already over, all too short, but I did have a great time!

Pammer
07-27-2016, 12:38 PM
It's already over, all too short, but I did have a great time!Will you write a trip report? I hope so!

danyoung
07-27-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't usually do DisneyLAND trip reports, but I just might do one this time. Stay tuned . . .