PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror - Stand-by vs. FastPass

jerhow
12-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Just curious - when Tower of Terror opens, will you wait in the Stand-By line for the full experience of being in the actual queue or will you go the Fast-Pass route? How long would you wait in the Stand-By for your first ride before you would choose FastPass instead? An hour? 3 hours?

Personally, I would wait in the 3 hour line for my first time to get the full experience of the ride. If I go on Indiana Jones with someone who has never been on the ride, I insist we wait in the standard line - you miss so much of the anticipation and experience when you choose FastPass or Single-Rider on Indy. I guess I'm a purist at heart when it comes to these attractions.

What would you do?

Niwel
12-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Based on what I've seen from WDW -- I don't think they can feasibly FP you once you get into the hotel. Because of the pre-show layout, FP might just miss the outside queue (like in Roger Rabbit), but I hope you will still be able to have the "whole" experience.

Ghoulish Delight
12-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Well, hopefully it won't be like Roger Rabbit. Yes, the way they do Roger Rabbit (and Indy, sort of), you do get to SEE the whole queue, whether in Stand-by or Fastpass. But you just breeze through it. There's a difference between walking by everything and really seeing it. The RR and Indy queues deserve to be seen at their proper pace. Hopefully they won't make you power walk through the ToT queue, especially if it is well themed.

julia
12-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Hi,

I always have so much stuff to do and things to see at Disneyland that I would go the Fast Pass way, myself. My answer surprises me, because I am a classic, traditionalist at heart, but I get so crazy and so excited that I want to do everything possible when I'm at Disneyland....

Have a magical day!
Julia

Icy Bacon
12-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Apparently all the attractions at TDS and others built since FP's were introduced have the queues actually designed for the separate lines, so I bet the pass line will be almost as good as the standby.

sleepyjeff
12-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Icy Bacon
Apparently all the attractions at TDS and others built since FP's were introduced have the queues actually designed for the separate lines, so I bet the pass line will be almost as good as the standby.

You are correct. Look at Autopia......virtually no difference in "queue experience". If Disney plans on keeping fastpass for more than a few years, the fp line will be just as good as the stand-by line. However, if the fp line looks like an after-thought, you can bet that fp is in it's wanning days.:)

TheatreTech
12-15-2003, 11:12 PM
Well, for opening day, I plan on being at the gate hours early....then sprinting over to ToT, (friends will be joining me) so...umm..ya, I hope it opens on a weekend. (anyone know btw?) But, if i did get there in the middle of the day, i would wait 105 minutes max. :rolleyes: ;)