PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new and I have a question

MonorailMan
09-27-2001, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know why the Fantasyland skyway station is still there? I thinks it's looking really ugly.

mad4mky
09-27-2001, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Does anyone know why the Fantasyland skyway station is still there? I thinks it's looking really ugly.

First off welcome to MP...If you are a Disney fan like the rest of us, you will fit right in.
And, I don't have an answer for you. But I have always wondered the same thing. Why is it still up there? Nostalgia? I highly doubt that, since they seem to have no other problems taking out other long time attractions.:confused:

blubayou33
09-27-2001, 08:38 AM
Welcome!
I always assumed that Disney did not want to expend the time/energy/money to remove something that isn't that noticeable to the average guest. I know that they had private parties in the structure, but I have not heard of anything recently. But as Casey Jr. passes right by it, why not transform it into a storybook type Dumbo circus layout, or something to that effect. And add a piece of eye candy (waterfall with some animatronics animals) to the stairway side. Just my 2 cents.

DisneylandKid
09-27-2001, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by blubayou33
Welcome!
I always assumed that Disney did not want to expend the time/energy/money to remove something that isn't that noticeable to the average guest. I know that they had private parties in the structure, but I have not heard of anything recently. But as Casey Jr. passes right by it, why not transform it into a storybook type Dumbo circus layout, or something to that effect. And add a piece of eye candy (waterfall with some animatronics animals) to the stairway side. Just my 2 cents.
That would be nice. I actually kind of like it, because it is tucked away behind the trees. Kind of fantasy-like/mysterious...the could definitely do something w/ it.

pixiepal
09-27-2001, 03:19 PM
Every time my best friend and I walk by there she goes on about how they should turn it into a little coffee house or something...maybe a Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa House???

It is a cute little spot, and they should definitely do something with it! :D :D

Morrigoon
09-27-2001, 03:25 PM
The Swiss Miss idea is pretty popular! I've heard many people suggesting that. Only problem: accessibility. Oh, and of course plumbing ;)

Kuzcotopia
09-27-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
Every time my best friend and I walk by there she goes on about how they should turn it into a little coffee house or something...maybe a Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa House???

Nope. More like Nestle. They are the official chocolate of Disneyland.

:-)

Nigel2
09-27-2001, 11:47 PM
It would make a nice coffee house, possibly make the opening from the skyway a nice view of the area, plumbing wouldn't be as bad, but no bathrooms would be there since there is one across the way. But acessablity would be hard since it is so far up hill.