PDA

View Full Version : Robert Olszewski Disneyland in Miniature series

Mingles
12-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Robert Olszewski Disneyland in Miniature series

Question I just read about these minitures at this same sight at the link http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr031215.htm
and I thought this would be the coolest gift for my wife and she would love collections each of the pieces of disneyland. Does anyone know if the guy has a official sight of where to buy these? Either online or off and and can they be bought at disneyland and where? Is there a place to get a better price? Is there a place to get on a list to be told when each one is availale?

I always read your postings but do not post because you disney fans are the experts and I am on my way to that level. Thanks for all you help on this.

Not Afraid
12-15-2003, 07:54 AM
These pieces are Disneyland exclusives. I don't think even MouseShoppe is carrying them (but AVP can correct me). The only place to get them is at Disneyana (or, possibly ebay).

More information about the artist can be found here. (http://www.dslextreme.com/users/wlee/olsz/)

To answer your other questions, the best price of these pieces is with the AP discount and, to find out about new releases, check MousePlanet ot the boards.

12-15-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Mingles

and I thought this would be the coolest gift for my wife and she would love collections each of the pieces of disneyland.

Very, very cool gift, Mingles! They are absolutely stunning.

Not Afraid
12-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by 3894
Very, very cool gift, Mingles! They are absolutely stunning.

That may even be an understatement! The Castle is one of the most beautiful renditions I've ever seen. The Hub is a nice addition. His work, in general, is exquisite.

You can see a lot of his other Disney work at AVP's other store, Charming Shoppe. (http://www.charmingshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=33) If you scroll down, she is offering the Hub (Central Plaza) piece.

Morrigoon
12-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Just as an FYI... for those of us (me) who cannot afford the Olszewski pieces (though we want them desperately), the Christmas ornament store in NOS has a very nice Christmas castle. Of course it's not the supreme perfection of Olszewski's pieces, and there is no hub, but I must say that the castle is quite nice, and only $55.

But I REEEEEEEEEALLY want the Olszewski stuff (drool)....

Do CM/AP discounts work on those or are they excluded? (I have my guess on that one... :rolleyes: )

Not Afraid
12-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Do CM/AP discounts work on those or are they excluded? (I have my guess on that one... :rolleyes: )

They do. The AP is the normal discount. We used the 20% coupon from renewing. There is some confusion about the CM discount. Either it is 20% of they will get the full 40% this week only.

Morrigoon
12-15-2003, 11:00 AM
GASP!!!!

40% off the $95 hub????? OMG! I know what I want for Christmas! Aieeeeeee!

edit: Just called Disneyana... this is for real! Through Friday, CM's can get 40% off!!!!! OMG OMG OMG! I really can't afford $60 right now, but... but... how can I not? If I only had the $ to buy the castle! (what's that then, $120? Eeeep!)

Not Afraid
12-15-2003, 11:17 AM
They had about 45 Hubs left yesterday, I'd move fast if I were you. I'm not sure if the Castle is in stock at the moment.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-15-2003, 02:29 PM
sorry if this has been asked, but is he just doing main street or will he continue with the rest of the park

cstephens
12-15-2003, 10:09 PM
They still have some of the Hub left today, though I don't know how many. They had a ton of castles on Saturday, and from the signage, it appears that they still have some.

LIMANDL4EVA - He'll be doing the entire park eventually. From what the person said on Saturday, they're planning on getting most of Main Street done by July 2005 (with a release planned every six weeks during that time - save your money now). In July 2005, they'll slow down their Main Street work as Disney wants them to do one piece from every land as part of the 50th anniversary celebration.

Not Afraid - Did you get your premiere plaque with the hub, and if so, did you have to ask for it or did they remember to give it to you?

Morrigoon
12-15-2003, 11:52 PM
No hub for me: no money no job.

12-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
No hub for me: no money no job.

Never mind, Morrigoon. You will prevail.

tonyrr1
12-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey all...

I'm getting in late on this thread, but is there any way to get these castles, or have they pretty much been all snapped up at this point? I see where Charming Shoppe has the hub piece.

Also, what is the intent with the artist in terms of future production of these pieces? I'm a SoCal native residing in NJ now, and it would be wonderful to have my very own miniature Disneyland at home to take me back whenever I needed a lifting of spirits. Thanks all.

-Tony Renauldo

cstephens
12-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by tonyrr1
Hey all...

I'm getting in late on this thread, but is there any way to get these castles, or have they pretty much been all snapped up at this point? I see where Charming Shoppe has the hub piece.

Also, what is the intent with the artist in terms of future production of these pieces? I'm a SoCal native residing in NJ now, and it would be wonderful to have my very own miniature Disneyland at home to take me back whenever I needed a lifting of spirits. Thanks all.

-Tony Renauldo

I think all of your questions have already been answered by the various existing posts, but in any case:

Yes, the castles are still available at the park, and probably through DelivEars as well.

Not sure what you mean by "intent", but I posted a bit above about the tentative schedule for the next two years of release. Do you mean how many of them are going to be made and/or for how long? I don't remember reading anything about that, so I'm sure if someone else has that info, they'll post.

Dean Higgins
12-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Although this stuff looks phenomenal, I hate it that he is just concentrating on MAIN STREET and the HUB/Castle.

What about the Mattterhorn? Haunted Mansion? Space Mountain, Toad Hall?

No one has made a good on-model sculpt of these yet.

He'll be dead by the time he ever gets around to those... and that's if he ever does decide to do them.

Tony
12-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Bob has said repeatedly to us that he has every intention of doing the full park, so long as Disney will let him. He has already mapped out the core lands & projects to do so. At one point he was even talking about doing multiple versions of the lands - so you could have your choice of Star Tours or Adventures Through Inner Space.

At this point, it comes down to the $$$. Will Disney support it, or will they let it die on the vine, like so many times before.

Moonliner
12-17-2003, 09:47 AM
It's as easy as:

Dial DeliverEars (800-362-4533).
....Write a report
....RIP a couple of CD's
....Make Lunch
....Eat Lunch
....Scan the news (CNN.COM)
Reach Ms. Virginia a castmember at DeliverEars.
Describe what I want: THE castle and THE park.
She check's stock...
...RIP another CD (iTunes player is way cool)
...visit www.slashdot.org
...Scan Mousepad for new messages.
Got Um both! Should have them in time for Christmas!

Glad I have -> http://www.theneighborhood.com :)

Thanks to everyone on this thread for being an enabler to my new addiction.

Moonliner
03-13-2004, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know if there are any more Olszewski's on the way? I think the fire station was next on the list.

toethumbs555
03-14-2004, 10:27 AM
i soooo want one of those!!! that's great!

Cancer Norm
03-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Sure it looks nice but,.............$95 for the hub? What does the castle go for? It all sounds a bit pricey to me. At the rate they are releasing these minitures it might take 10 years and thousands of dollar$ to have the complete set! And where would one keep all this? Do I need to buy a bigger house to have this set up?.............Like I said it's nice looking but no thanks.

cstephens
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Zogs
Sure it looks nice but,.............$95 for the hub? What does the castle go for? It all sounds a bit pricey to me. At the rate they are releasing these minitures it might take 10 years and thousands of dollar$ to have the complete set! And where would one keep all this? Do I need to buy a bigger house to have this set up?.............Like I said it's nice looking but no thanks.

I can't remember now, but I think the castle is something like $125 and is supposed to be the most expensive piece in the set. And I think the prices for the hub and castle are fairly decently priced, considering the absolute detail of the pieces.

And yes, the collection will take a while to complete, and yes, it will cost some money.

But for us, it's definitely worth it.

KarenW2
03-15-2004, 10:18 AM
The castle was $195, but we used our 20% off coupon for being PAPs and got it for only $156, plus tax. It is SOOO worth it, especially when you turn the lights on at night!

The attention to detail is what really won us over, tho we did have to have the castle replaced - for chips in the castle wall, the removeable tower roof that didn't sit correctly on the tower where Aurora and Phillip are and the trees that cover the light switches that didn't sit correctly as well. But DeliverEars took care of it and we didn't have to pay postage on it, so that was great!

We decided not to get The Hub, since we have limited display space in our curio cabinet that also houses our Lladro collection, and will probably pass on the other pieces as well, since we feel the castle is a great stand-alone piece for our collection. Unless of course, we fall in love with any of the other pieces and find we can't live without them! :)