PDA

View Full Version : Costume Guidelines posted for Mickey's Halloween

olegc
06-28-2016, 07:13 PM
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

tea4two
06-29-2016, 12:19 AM
Thank you for posting this. This will help a lot with our planning.

Shortpix77
06-29-2016, 09:19 AM
This really isn't very clear... the "14 and over" section seems to discourage adult full costumes, but isn't strictly prohibiting them? I'm confused...

olegc
06-29-2016, 10:30 AM
This really isn't very clear... the "14 and over" section seems to discourage adult full costumes, but isn't strictly prohibiting them? I'm confused...

well, to me it allows costumes but puts in limits on scope, size, and addons. Can you say its discouraging costumes? probably. but Disney would never say it completely. That would mean less ticket sales. To me - your costume in your avatar still works as part of the guidelines - face visible, no weapons, and in honor of Edna Mode - NO CAPES!

cstephens
06-29-2016, 01:22 PM
and in honor of Edna Mode - NO CAPES!

No, that's not true. Capes are allowed as long as they don't fall below the waist.

The guidelines for adults seems to me like the same guidelines that were released for runDisney events.

olegc
06-29-2016, 01:39 PM
No, that's not true. Capes are allowed as long as they don't fall below the waist.

The guidelines for adults seems to me like the same guidelines that were released for runDisney events.

technically - by language - you are right. I on the other hand would never call something that simply falls at the waist a true cape. More like a mantlet. And I wonder - would something like Elsa's flowing almost sheer cape she has at the back of her dress count as a "cape"? I think it falls into that category too I believe. oh well...

Shortpix77
06-29-2016, 03:08 PM
well, to me it allows costumes but puts in limits on scope, size, and addons. Can you say its discouraging costumes? probably. but Disney would never say it completely. That would mean less ticket sales. To me - your costume in your avatar still works as part of the guidelines - face visible, no weapons, and in honor of Edna Mode - NO CAPES!

This is what I'm thinking too. I've worn full costumes every year, but technically they would all still fall within these guidelines. Well, maybe not when we did the Sanderson sisters -- though is a cloak the same as a cape?! (LOL). Hmmm. Didn't make a plan this year because I was afraid they'd have a full-on adult ban, so maybe now I'll have to re-think...

tea4two
06-29-2016, 04:36 PM
We're waiting for some more clarification on this before committing to a definite costume plan. Your fab Sanderson sister outfit/s came to mind -- do the broom and vacuum cleaner count as something that could strike another guest? No one gave me any mind the last time I brought a broom (small one, clearly not real), but now I'm not so sure.

queenbetsey
06-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Did they release the dates of the event this year? Or pricing yet>

olegc
06-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Well that link is the official site, and it does not have dates or pricing, so no I don't think those are released.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk