PDA

View Full Version : Please, need insight into how the Stitch's Video Phone works

mcampisi
12-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Being an IT/Nerd/Technophile it's driving me nuts trying to understand how the Stick video phone works. I was amazed by it. The voice recognition is either way ahead of it's time or there's something sneaky to it. Please please help!!!

DisneyFan25863
12-14-2003, 09:19 PM
At first, I thought that they had gotten a alpha release of ViaVoice 4000.

But then I found out it was actually a CM behind a wall. :geek: ;)

mcampisi
12-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Are you sure it's a CM and what exactly is the CM doing? Talking or hitting buttons because the timing was impecable. I would barely be done saying something and Stick would respond. It was like:

Stich: "What are you going to do after this?"
Me: "Going home"
(Stitch's ear's drop)
Stitch: "Why?"
Me: "I need to eat dinner"
Stitch: "Yeah dinner is good"

It was uncanny

TheatreTech
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
Sorry, but, I'm lost. Where can I find this...phone...persay?

DisneyFan25863
12-14-2003, 10:04 PM
I believe he is talking. Just like a normal conversation.

I've never actually seen it. I think it's in Innoventions, though.

TheatreTech
12-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
I think it's in Innoventions, though.
Thanks, I'll look into it tomorrow. (I have the day off.:p )

Morrigoon
12-15-2003, 02:21 AM
You'll love it, Stitch is way too much fun. We got a slightly evil Stitch once, he was great. Made Darth Vader noises and everything.

What blows my mind actually, is the animation.

LibraryGirl
12-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Morrigoon, I can't agree with you more! My friend told me about Stitch and now I can't get enough of him!!

He was pretty evil with me and my friend. It was great. And he burped a couple times during my visit. I loved it!

imagineerhopeful
12-15-2003, 02:53 PM
>>>The voice recognition is either way ahead of it's time or there's something sneaky to it. Please please help!!!<<<

There IS something sneaky.;)

I don't feel comfortable discussing it in an open post. Grab my AIM name from my profile here and I'll explain what I can at a later time.

Yes, Stitch is on the upper level of innoventions. You can schedule a 5 min. video phone conversation. Unfortunately, at least one member of your party must wait at the stitch zone. Otherwise your party will be removed from the waiting list.

One must not only wonder how the voice recognition is done so well... The animation of stitch is completely interactive. I.E.- Stitch may decide to blast a coconut during your conversation if he gets excited.