PDA

View Full Version : Signature Photography... Beware the Price

Berry Princess
06-20-2016, 05:51 PM
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/signature-photography/

Saw this somewhere else and figured I'd pass it on here. All I can say is just unreal SMH and when does this kind of stuff stop?

cstephens
06-20-2016, 05:53 PM
I don't see a problem with it. No one is being forced to buy those packages. It's not something I'd pay for, but if someone wants to, it's not my concern. There are all kinds of premium experiences in this world that are offered to people.

currence
06-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Interesting that the only rule appears to be that those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult (no indication whether that adult counts as one of the 8). There is no information regarding costumes. I wonder if they will allow wedding dresses. If so, that price no longer seems quite as exorbitant.

Engine74
06-20-2016, 08:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Trying to add a service and not have the gorilla photo team hitting the park. I have seen it happen a couple of times. It is a hit and run until they get caught and asked to leave.

candles71
06-20-2016, 08:05 PM
That is a pretty good price for a photo shoot.

olegc
06-21-2016, 08:32 AM
I understand why they have it, and it may be a good price point for a private photo shoot - my only concern is that a lot of energy these days is being spent on developing high-end opportunities and experiences at the parks. Universal just announced changing CityWalk to a high-end destination to attract more high-end local visitors (they feel the tourists will buy no matter what); Disney announced the new high-end hotel; City of Anaheim wants to attract more high-end visitors; the latest opportunities for better seating/meals has pushed the envelope a little on price points. It just seems the target for new things is definitely exclusive, high-end experiences. Frankly - I don't know if there are that many high-end customers to drive that kind of growth. Of course many times it seems people will pay because its Disney and for some its a once- or twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I know they can do it - I just wish there was more for all and not just for a few high-end folks.

stan4d_steph
06-21-2016, 08:36 AM
It's pretty ridiculous that they charge you $30 for a flash drive after you pay $1700 for a photo shoot. Why even bother offering that as an extra? Also, prints do not appear to be included, so any hard copies you want are on your own dime or you pay the Disney premium price.

candles71
06-21-2016, 08:44 AM
It's pretty ridiculous that they charge you $30 for a flash drive after you pay $1700 for a photo shoot. Why even bother offering that as an extra? Also, prints do not appear to be included, so any hard copies you want are on your own dime or you pay the Disney premium price.
That was my only objection as well. Plus an additional $30 for the copywrite release. Both should be included.

fishgal
06-24-2016, 12:56 PM
Wow, so the photo they are using as an example on the main page would be $2700, yikes. Just to have Mickey and Minnie for 15min? My guess is with that amount of time you only get them at one location. That's just crazy to me. But for those who have the dough, more power to ya. :)

Malcon10t
06-24-2016, 03:32 PM
While this isn't something I could see myself using, I see how it could be used. A lot of people have expressed interest in Senior pictures. Get 4 kids, each puts in $425 (you need 4 moms to supervise!) and you cuold get some nice photos. Engagement pictures? There are a lot of people who would do this.

TulaBelle
06-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Well it sounds like a wonderful experience, but I'm with olegc. The "high end" folks can have whatever they can afford, and that's fine more power to them, but I'd like to see a little more consideration to hard working middle class folks like me.

Malcon10t
06-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Well it sounds like a wonderful experience, but I'm with olegc. The "high end" folks can have whatever they can afford, and that's fine more power to them, but I'd like to see a little more consideration to hard working middle class folks like me.Photopass photographers are all over the park all day. They do excellent shots. Current pricing is $39 for all the photos you can take in one day.

What do you think Disney should offer?

candles71
06-25-2016, 03:51 PM
I don't mind them offering things like this.. I will probaby never use it, but I don't begrudge them offering it and others using it. I mind when they start taking away from the average experience to make these things happen.

currence
06-26-2016, 11:33 AM
If Mouseplanet needs anyone to experience this and write a review .... just sayin' :D

Disneyphile
06-29-2016, 02:42 PM
This is absolutely fantastic for engagement shoots, and also high-profile guests. Finally, celeb guests can get great family vacation photos without them ending up all over social media and magazines. I am glad Disney added this.

For the rest of us who don't want to pay that much, the PhotoPass packages are a great deal, especially when included with the two top-tier APs. I have already been using my AP PhotoPass benefit a LOT with friends who come to town.

goalieump413
07-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Honestly, I don't have any problem with Disney making this offer. Yes, it will attract high-end guests and those seeking a specialized, once-in-a-lifetime experience, but remember, while Disneyland undergoes massive changes during construction of SWL, it's nice to see that some changes to attractions don't require ride closures or construction walls. And, although the cost is steep, special, personalized moments in the Parks have been under some pressure. DLR seems to be scaling its operation towards those who can afford higher end experiences, which might thin locals, but capture the attention of long-distance travelers and the wealthy.

xezat
07-24-2016, 10:32 AM
Eh, if money were no issue at all, I'd probably consider it whenever I have kids. But yeah, for your common folks out there like me, that's pretty much out of the range for most travel budgets, for that price I could spend several extra days there. But like others have said, this is meant to appeal more to the high end crowd, not everyone likes the random "photo bombs" that might happen when you're trying to take a nice family picture. Some people will pay more for that bit of extra exclusivity. Same way I'll never get into Club 33 because I sure as heck don't know anyone with that much spare change nor do I have the equivalent of a new car loan in savings myself.

I just wonder how well the Cars Land ones would turn out if they do them after closing, I mean it's a generally decently lit area but that's still a lot of flash probably going on since that's what, about 10pm or so. A professional probably would be able to play with it and get them to turn out ok, but like the general photopass photographers that are there to shoot snapshots, don't really see that happening.