PDA

View Full Version : New Christmas promos for DLR ... guess what's missing ?

zapppop
12-13-2003, 04:28 PM
The new billboards ads and tv commercials for the Christmas season at the Disneyland Resort show plenty of footage of Disneyland but one theme park got no attention at all
California Adventure

Gee I wonder why ?

:geek:

Darkbeer
12-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Let's see, how many Christmas shows does DL have, kinda two (the Parade and Holiday Believe)... plus they have two themed rides, HMH and iaswh

How many shows does DCA have... ZERO.. the closest they get is the Santa's Beach Bash, which is just a Santa meet and greet with some "dressing".. themed rides.. ZERO

But lets look at Knott's...

Every Night they have a special Peanuts Christmas Tree Lighting show, that talks about the meaning of Christmas, and actually talks about the birth of Jesus...

They have a special Christmas Calico Saloon Show...

They have "It's Christmas, Snoopy", a professional Ice Skating show...

Live performances of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and O'Henry's "A Gift of the Magi" in the Bird Cage Theatre.

And a winter special show at the Peanuts Camp Snoopy stage.

That is SIX Christmas shows, plus ONE themed ride, the Elf Mountain Christmas....

Plus a lot of special hand made stuff for your christmas shopping....

About the only place to get into the holiday "Spirit" at DCA is the Cove Bar....:fez:

mousey_girl
12-13-2003, 09:29 PM
The whole Santa Beach Bash is pretty pathetic. Imagine walking past there with a 7 yr old boy and asking the boy if he wants to say hi to Santa or take a picture. He took one look at Santa dancing around to Beach Boy's music and said, "no thank you, can we go back to the room now?"

Everytime we walked past that area last weekend it was packed with kids. They were not there to see Santa, they were busy visiting with all of the other characters crammmed into that space. Santa was almost BEGGING to be noticed!!!

Not Afraid
12-13-2003, 09:34 PM
I actually love Santa's Beach Blast. The first time I went to DCA specifically to check it out, I stay for a loooong time. I usually don't do that at DCA. Fun, inventive, lots of Disney details (Vixen's board) and great energy. It's one of the best things they've done at DCA in a long time.

But, I'm not a 7 year old.;)

EandCDad
12-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Let's see, how many Christmas shows does DL have, kinda two (the Parade and Holiday Believe)... plus they have two themed rides, HMH and iaswh

How many shows does DCA have... ZERO.. the closest they get is the Santa's Beach Bash, which is just a Santa meet and greet with some "dressing".. themed rides.. ZERO

As someone who really enjoys Christmas in general (decorations, music, the whole works) and Disneyland Christmas stuff (fireworks, decorations, parade, etc.), I don't think it's so horrible that there is one part of the resort that isn't wall to wall Christmas. Do both parks have to be decked to the rafters?

Hasn't it become the general consensus that most people visit DCA as part of either park hoppers or annual passes. So anyone going to the Resort will get plently of Christmas shoved down their throat.

So it seems reasonable that the DLR Christmas commercial would focus on where the Christmas stuff is, in Disneyland. What's the big deal?

I thought the Santa Beach guy was pretty funny. My kids enjoyed taking a picture with him and my youngest got to play tambourine with the band. Not sure how popular he is, but they thought it was great. There are two traditional Santa's at the Resort, it's nice to have a different one, too.