PDA

View Full Version : seem fake?

Briarose710
09-26-2001, 08:38 PM
THis is just something i've wondered . and it's not like i can flat out ask guests this so since this is my contact with the guests who come to the park i want to know..I was watching some of my fellow Cm's yesterday and I know i'm guilty of it sometimes but do we ever to you guys seem fake? because i know how unsincere some people i know sound...how does it feel to you when you're conversing with one of us?

Darkbeer
09-26-2001, 08:54 PM
Are you saying we thing you say "B..Bye"... well, on occasion, but not too often. Nobody can be on 24/7, the vast majority of times, no, but, on occasion, yes....

MickeyD
09-26-2001, 09:10 PM
The place where I've really noticed it is in the World of Disney. Every time I buy something there the CM tells me, oh, I was just going to buy this after my shift. That bugs me. I guess I cant say for sure that it's fake, but, every time?

BTW, Darkbeer I LOVE your "location" right now :D . Wish that was still my location.

zapppop
09-26-2001, 09:27 PM
If I think a cast member is giving me a load, I tell them. http://members.aol.com/zapppop/smile.gif

Maleficent0
09-28-2001, 11:19 AM
I don't think most CM's seem fake. Most are terribly nice. I have noticed that if they find out I'm a local (AP), then they seem to be nice, but not going overboard.

blusilva
09-28-2001, 11:22 AM
99.9% of the CMs I've encountered over the years have been very nice, seemingly sincere people.

lisap
09-28-2001, 02:16 PM
I would rather have "fake nice" any day over bored grumpiness (with apologies to Grumpy). At least they are trying to keep it friendly and nice on the outside--probably only other CMs would really notice if the fakeness got out of control. Guests are usually in ignorant bliss...

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 02:21 PM
Its one thing to be polite and nice, but when I gets to nauseatingly sweet nice (I unfortunately know these type) you just want to kill them. I am not talking about nice brings cookies and junk for everyone, could have been shot and still is super nice. The people I know (not CMs) would be nice to everyone, if you killed her parents she would still be nice to you.

mad4mky
09-28-2001, 02:29 PM
I used to work at our local Disney Store. My manager would always put me in the front of the store to be "the greeter". It felt so hokey to be there doing that. And it always felt real phoney and I felt foolish. But I understand why I was always put there...I seem to be a happy, bubbly kind of person and always very friendly...and that came through on my "greetings".
But...I got to meet a lot of great people up there. And it was a fun job.
My kids were disappointed when I quit.

ripplededge
09-29-2001, 10:02 AM
Not to bag on DCA, but I think most of the CM's that work in there give the words "Cast Member" a bad name. I don't think the "new hires" were properly trained. Maybe because DCA opened early that they didn't have enough time to develop the skills that a true Cast Member has. I walk over to DCA and I see Cast Members cursing on stage, saying that DCA sucks and that they hate this place. Or the two things I hate the most, about DCA CM's, is when they get dressed on stage and talk on their cell phones, in costume, on stage. Indeed, there are times that I even become frustrated with guests (as well as Cast Members), but you just have to keep your cool.

And I must agree with MickeyD about the WOD CM's, you got that one right on the money, but the good thing is... they always have a smile!

Cadaverous Pallor
09-30-2001, 10:55 AM
Not fake in my book. Most CM's I run across seem geniune to me.