PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones ride

tinkerbell24
06-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Hello, I remember when the ride open the ride would either go left, right or center at the beginning. Does anyone know why that has changed?

Dave1313
06-06-2016, 08:00 AM
I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall reading an explanation somewhere saying that was an optical illusion to make the rider think they may have taken the three possible paths.

If I recall it was something like a moving set piece with the three doors (possibly combined with vehicle motion), but you always ended up on the same ride track once past that effect. There were not three tracks to end up on.

olegc
06-06-2016, 08:57 AM
yes - originally the "magic" was that the platform in front of the opening would move so it would appear that you would go into either a left, center, or right door. Then they would change the lighting of the room and any effects to make it match the opening and the track (youth, riches, or see the future). That mechanism over the years kept breaking and they were able to change the way the lighting worked in the Chamber of Destiny with new projection technology. So now - I don't think the front platform shifts any longer. They just change the lighting and projection to be tied to the story you are put in. (if you notice Sala's comment at the end of the ride matches what you experienced at the beginning, or at least its supposed to).

Tireddad
06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
yes - originally the "magic" was that the platform in front of the opening would move so it would appear that you would go into either a left, center, or right door.

Wow! I knew that the ride once did that! I was so young when I first rode it and there was a big gap in time until I went back to Disneyland I would think back believing I imagined that part when I was younger. Wow, thanks for answering this, I am not crazy after all....

jerryp49
06-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Olegc is correct. There are 5 doors and you would always go thru the middle one. Only 3 doors at a time are shown and the walls would move so that it would appear that you are going into left right or center. Same effect with the boulder. It feels like the vehicle is backing up when actually the walls are moving forward while the vehicle vibrates

candles71
06-08-2016, 06:28 AM
The doors are still sliding as on March. Or the projections onto the outer mask are better, we went through 2 of the rooms on 3 trips through.

JPPT1974
06-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Seems like it is the middle door that you need to go through and the most important!

sjhanksaz
06-15-2016, 06:16 AM
I have often wondered about this and thought that years ago this area seemed different.

Now I know why.