PDA

View Full Version : Unauthorized Usage of Disneyland Pass on Ebay

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

disneylandia
12-11-2003, 08:51 AM
I tried reporting this to Disney Auctions, but they don't care because its another ebay auction (not run by Disney). I e-mailed Disney's address on ebay's VERO page, and it was bounced back. Here is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=2209500141

This person is selling the use of their son's Disneyland Annual Pass for the remainder of its life (a few months). They say
We have loaned our passes out to other families and have saved our friends a lot of money.
Disneyland passes are pretty easy to use fraudulently because the photos are so crappy, but this person takes the cake! Actually selling the pass.

This really ****es me off since I was just able to recently afford a pass again, I want to report it. I've tried through ebay, but it ain't working. So I figured I'd post here and maybe somebody could get through to the appropriate people ~ either at ebay or Disney.

Morrigoon
12-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Wow, that's just wrong on so many levels. I can't believe DL wouldn't be interested in it. You should call the DL Resort and ask for their loss prevention line. They'd probably be very interested.

Doodle Duck
12-11-2003, 09:26 AM
This 100% Illegal and Fraud. You bet Disney will be interested!

Lani
12-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Actually, eBay is interested in this sort of thing. You have to drill down about five levels, but you can contact their abuse team by filling out an online form. They are known to cancel auctions for things like that. Just make sure the eBay folks know the pass is non-transferrable.

disneylandia
12-11-2003, 09:39 AM
I well know about ebay's fraud dept. But I have already tried and can't get through. Problem with the form or something.

Doodle Duck
12-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Disney Legal is already on it :D ...forget eBay....you'll get no where.

disneylandia
12-11-2003, 09:46 AM
Well I finally got through to ebay's e-mail form! I've tried, and it wasn't loading. Hopefully they will close the auction before it ends.

disneylandia
12-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Doodle Duck we must've been typing at the same time! Thanks for reporting it. Kinda makes me feel like a tattle tale kid, but the nerve of this person really ticked me off!

Demigod121
12-11-2003, 10:08 AM
These guys are not just selling ONE AP - in the description they even say they want to get rid of another AP! So in essence they are trying to sell TWO APs!

Has anyone got a response from Disney or Ebay yet?

-Demigod

Doodle Duck
12-11-2003, 10:09 AM
I didn't say I reported it...

let's just say...it is being taken care of according to sources at the big DL.
:D

You did a good deed finding that though! Pretty blatent admitting that they had lent it out in the past...

bye bye passes.

Demigod121
12-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Doodle Duck
I didn't say I reported it...

let's just say...it is being taken care of according to sources at the big DL.

Didn't say that....was just wondering if anyone heard anything about it. :D

Besides - it was the right thing to do!

I'm tracking the auction to see when/if it gets pulled. We'll see.

-Demigod

cstephens
12-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Unless the purchaser looks similar to the person on the AP, I'd think the person would be turned away at the turnstiles.

adriennek
12-11-2003, 10:28 AM
I can't quite believe that these people actually think that this is an ok thing to do. I mean, they're admitting that they're being deceptive- you have to look like them to use the passes. They say, "
This auction is not for everyone, there is a chance, although small, that you might not be able to use this pass." Gee, why would that be?

I think my favorite part is this:

"I know this is a strange auction, but it is real and will work.... I have a excellent record as both a buyer and seller and want to keep it that way."

But I don't really care if I violate any legal contracts.

FREAK.
Adrienne

MammaSilva
12-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Here's hoping Disney manages to track them down, revoke ALL their passes! That takes 'cheaters' to a whole new level ...:rolleyes:

scottmen
12-11-2003, 11:37 AM
We should bid it through the roof and get the seller very excited. Then we can not pay auction because of fact pass is non-transferrable. Or it will be closed before it ends anyway.

TwinGemII
12-11-2003, 12:58 PM
*sigh* I just feel your energies being drained from this.....

Kevy Baby
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by disneylandia
Kinda makes me feel like a tattle tale kid You're not being a tattletale, you are just sharing insider information! :D

What really irks me is how this person is whoring off their own child!

hazlnut
12-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Sorry, but I have to play devil's advocate.

Sure, it is illegal. But, with so many people out of work, on strike, etc., families can find themselves against the wall this time of year.

If someone wants to make a few bucks to give their kids a better holiday or pay some bills--none of us know what the story is here, they may really need the money, what does it hurt to turn a blind eye on this one?

To all of you zealously playing cop, I hope you've been totally honest in all your personal and professional affairs this year.

Is there really no room at the inn?

disneylandia
12-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Oh puhleeze . . . it would be one thing to turn a blind eye when they were letting a friend use the pass. But to actually sell it. Nope, no sympathy from me. If they need the money so bad for a Christmas present for their son they can go sign him up at a Charitable Organization for a toy (i.e. Toys for Tots, Salvation Army, etc).

Kevy Baby
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by hazlnut
Sure, it is illegal. But, with so many people out of work, on strike, etc., families can find themselves against the wall this time of year.

If someone wants to make a few bucks to give their kids a better holiday or pay some bills--none of us know what the story is here, they may really need the money, what does it hurt to turn a blind eye on this one? I think the answer to your post is in the description of the auction: "We will not go anymore this year and would like another family to "enjoy our good fortune.

But even without that, the pass is not transferrable (says all over the place, including right on the pass itself). Even if the family were to be strapped for cash, you don't break the rules for a couple of bucks. AND you don't use your kid in the process (did you see the picture they posted? It made me ILL that they used their child's photo).

APs get a bad enough name from some people as it is; this doesn't help.

cstephens
12-11-2003, 01:33 PM

If someone wants to make a few bucks to give their kids a better holiday or pay some bills--none of us know what the story is here, they may really need the money, what does it hurt to turn a blind eye on this one?

So if they want to use the money to buy gifts or pay bills, it's ok to cheat someone out of their money? And, no, I don't mean Disney. I think the worst part of the sale is that they're trying to cheat someone else out of their money. Some unsuspecting person may buy the AP, take it to the park and then be turned away because hey, it's not your picture on the AP. So the unsuspecting person has spent money on a product they cannot use. I didn't click on the link, so I haven't seen the ad for myself, but if it in fact does say "This auction is not for everyone, there is a chance, although small, that you might not be able to use this pass" as adriennek posted, that completely does not get them off the hook. There's not a small chance that the purchaser might not be able to use the pass. There's a small chance that the purchaser WON'T be cheated out of his/her money because he/she will have purchased a pass that is useless for anyone other than person whose picture is on it.

Is there really no room at the inn?

You are not SERIOUSLY trying to equate the two situations, are you?

hazlnut
12-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by disneylandia
Oh puhleeze . . . it would be one thing to turn a blind eye when they were letting a friend use the pass. But to actually sell it. Nope, no sympathy from me. If they need the money so bad for a Christmas present for their son they can go sign him up at a Charitable Organization for a toy (i.e. Toys for Tots, Salvation Army, etc).

No sympathy, huh? Go sleep in the manger, ya bums? Is that really how you feel? How about letting them keep their dignity and do what they can to get by?

Selling your child's passport has a hint of desperation to it and I don't feel comfortable casting a stone their direction.

But, if you all lead perfectly clean lives, then go ahead, sit in judgement.

hazlnut
12-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
You are not SERIOUSLY trying to equate the two situations, are you?

Is it too much to ask for a little Christian charity during the CHRISTMAS season?

The point I was making--we often judge without knowing the full story. If people need a little leg up this time of year, I'm not going to stand in their way on something as petty as this.

DisneyFan25863
12-11-2003, 01:41 PM
I don't think that they are really going to benifit from 9.99. If they had enough money to buy the pass in the first place, I would think that they arn't doing that bad.

cstephens
12-11-2003, 01:41 PM
The point I was making--we often judge without knowing the full story.

IMO, using the baby Jesus story as an analogy to this situation (which you did again in your response to disneylandia) is completely over-the-top. Your point would have been better made had you just said "we often judge without knowing the full story".

Hmmm, is there any way to make a Hitler/Nazi reference in this situation?

People need a little leg up this time of year, I'm not going to stand in their way on something as small as this.

So you're saying it's ok for these people to cheat another person/family out of their money? You didn't address that particular point.

Oh, and I just saw that you edited your post to add the Christian charity comment. It's not very Christian to try to cheat someone else out of their money.