PDA

View Full Version : A takeover of Disney

Maleficent0
09-26-2001, 12:28 PM
Good read. Thought I'd share.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/010926/n26178657_1.html

Cadaverous Pallor
09-26-2001, 01:22 PM
I know......we should pool our resources and buy Disney! At least, the theme parks division. We have lots of great ideas......who's in? ;)

SimpTwister
09-26-2001, 01:34 PM
I'm in!!

If I put in 10 grand, can I be in charge of redesigning Tomorrowland? ;)

tabacco
09-26-2001, 01:51 PM
I've got $210. Will that buy me the monorail? :)

Cadaverous Pallor
09-26-2001, 02:13 PM
Sure, Simp and Tabacco.....I've also got a bridge I want to sell you....;)

Wouldn't it be AMAZING to be a powerholder in Disney? To decide what's done when? Man, if only I had a few billion to kick around.....

Immersing myself in the fantasy once more, I'd like to be in charge of maintenance - so that paint will never peel in the park again! :D

Morrigoon
09-26-2001, 02:54 PM
I'd like to be one of those people who dictates what imagineering should be working on, and planning the foods and merchandise tie ins. I've got 27 cents and some bellybutton lint.... am I in?

MickeyD
09-26-2001, 03:00 PM
I get paid on Friday, and after I pay my rent and a couple bills, I should have about $78.00 left, is that enough to be in on this? The job I want is to wander around the park all day testing the rides and attractions. (As a part owner, I'd get a paycheck, right? It doesn't have to be Eisner's just enough to pay my rent.)

mad4mky
09-26-2001, 03:06 PM
I've decided to tell my kids that Christmas is "off" this year. No gifts. No tree. All the money that would've gone to gifts is to help buy DL. (But we will still hold in observance, the reason why Christmas is celebrated).
And I want to team up with MickeyD testing the rides and enjoying the attractions.

Darkbeer
09-26-2001, 03:07 PM
There is also a link in the news section (Upper Left corner of your screen, next to travel;) ) that has the CBS Marketwatch article, and some of the possible buyers...

One of which is Vivendi (The company that owns Unversal)... What an interesting merger that would be... Maybe we could get the Spiderman ride at DCA :D and the monorail connecting WDW with USF and IOA.....

And Shrek carcatures could be walking the Disney parks.......

Morrigoon
09-26-2001, 03:52 PM
.....Prince Farquaad in front of Small World?

How deliciously ironic!

Disney Crone/Kid
09-26-2001, 04:55 PM
I like the idea of a Time Warner and Disney merger. A Harry Potterland with Disney imagineering would be a dream come true.

DisneylandKid
09-26-2001, 05:56 PM
Everyone enter the lottery! This way we might have a chance at winning to use the money for DL!

SimpTwister
09-26-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
There is also a link in the news section (Upper Left corner of your screen, next to travel;) ) that has the CBS Marketwatch article, and some of the possible buyers...

I'd have to add Six Flags to that list.

It may be a bit of a stretch, but those guys are crazy like that.

In a nutshell, several years ago there was a little company called Tierco that owned and operated Frontier City in Oklahoma City.

They eventually became Premier Parks, and began to acquire small regional parks around the country at an alarming rate. These parks included Wild World, Elitch Gardens, Darien Lake, Geauga Lake, and Riverside.

Premier then stunned the theme park world by purchasing the entire Six Flags chain, and assimilating the name for itself.

The previous list of parks became Six Flags America, Six Flags Elitch Gardens, Six Flags Darien Lake, Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, and Six Flags New England respectively.

The previous Premier Parks, now known as Six Flags, also now had all of the Six Flags flagship parks including Great Adventure, Magic Mountain, Great America (IL), Six Flags over Texas, and others.

I haven't even mentioned all of their fairly recent acquisitions. I left out Kentucky Kingdom, Marine World, and probably a few more.

So, as I said, the idea of Six Flags taking over Disney may be out there, but it's not THAT out there.

tabacco
09-26-2001, 07:36 PM
Hrmph. Don't get me started on Six Flags Marine World.

Darkbeer
09-26-2001, 10:12 PM
Heck, Busch Gardens bought Sea World.... seemed to have done a good job so far...

Doubt News Corp would buy Disney, too many problems with a FOX/ABC merger. same with Viacom (CBS/MTV/Nickeldeon/Disney), so that leaves with AOL Time Warner, (lots of cable channels, but not a problem with broadcast channels) or Vivendi (European Broadcaster, so no domestic conflicts).....

If Vivendi bought Disney, they could put Jaws in the Sub lagoon:p

mad4mky
09-27-2001, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Hrmph. Don't get me started on Six Flags Marine World.

I agree...don't get me started! DL would never be the same....and I shudder to think of it!:mad:

BiggJakeMoney
09-27-2001, 10:29 AM
I'm about to get a thousand dollars in bonus money on Monday. Can I be in on the "MousePlanet Buyout" as well? If so, my first order of business will be to raze all the new developed tract-housing behind my backyard, and have the imagineers build an exact replica of DisneySea in it's place.

-BJM

Mr D
09-27-2001, 05:28 PM
Bill Gates is thinking about buying into Disney.

Morrigoon
09-27-2001, 05:48 PM
Don't know if he's creative enough, but the corporate culture certainly suits his style ;)

MonorailMan
09-27-2001, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Mr D
Bill Gates is thinking about buying into Disney. The lat thing we need is this, if the rides break down no, think what would happen if each ride had Windows installed. :)

Imagine:

FATAL ERROR!
An exeption OE Has Accured In Space Moutain, Caused By: Inproper Launch Timing. You May Be Able To Continue Normally.

Press Any Key To Continue
Or Press CTRL+ALT+DEL This Will Lose All Rides And Any Unsaved Profit From These Riders.

Press Any Key To Continue.

LOL! ;):cool: