PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Disneyland????

baileykat
09-26-2001, 08:51 AM
We are planning trip to DL...in December...tentative day for DL is Sunday the 16th...I want everyone's HONEST opinion on crowd size, weather, etc....We might choose another weekend...but this seems to be a perfect time for us to travel...(we live in West Texas and are flying out)...anyway..it is also my daughters birthday on the 16th...please...any feedback would be helpful...this is my 6th trip to DL...I've always gone in the summer...during the week...are the crowds at this time comparable or less than summer crowds....HELP!

EandCDad
09-26-2001, 08:57 AM
Welcome baileykat. Last year we went on the 20th and 21st which was a Wednesday and Thursday. There were pretty good crowds but nothing like Summer. Your day, being a weekend, will likely be crowded but the only way to still get all the Christmas goodies and drop the crowd a bit would be to come on a week day. All the activities (believe fireworks, snow, parade, Santa) run on the weekday as well as the weekend.

Remember, the closer you get to Christmas break for students, the more crowded it will be. Nothing compared to summer until you get to the week between Christmas and New Year.

Morrigoon
09-26-2001, 04:42 PM
Call City Hall.... you can special order a birthday cake for your daughter! They're *not* cheap, I grant you, but they have the Disney character of your choice on top (a very nice rice paper image, not cheap frosting drawings) and let me tell you that cake is DELISH! Expecially Chocolate with strawberry filling! I'm not sure where they're doing it these days, probably back at the Plaza Inn. It's always worth asking, as a surprise for your daughter (then again, you might try calling some DTD restaurants and asking if they do it too).

jslivinski
10-01-2001, 10:35 AM
We were there last year mid-December and although crowded, was not much more than usual. Definately recommend coming early. We usually go back to the hotel for lunch and nap returning after dinner and stay until closing. Things realy empty out after the last Fantasmic.

Julie

Note: Except for a few occasions we have never waited more than 30 minutes for a ride.