PDA

View Full Version : Awesome new Kevin Yee PeopleMover video!

Pages : [1] 2 3

zapppop
12-10-2003, 01:20 PM
http://www.cafetiki.com/peoplemover.wmv

Dlandmom
12-10-2003, 01:58 PM
That is so neat to be able to experience it again. Too bad the Tron graphics don't come out too well in the dark. Still, it's neat to hear the soundtrack again! The mural is beautiful!

Oh, and to see the Skyway and Submarines in action!

And CircleVision! Man, this video just keeps getting better!
This video should be sent to Matt Ouimet!

blusilva
12-10-2003, 02:11 PM
OY, that MUSIC! Tres frommage! How Up With People! I never realized that back in the day.

I can't wait to get home from work so I can watch the entire video!

disneylandia
12-10-2003, 02:12 PM
A big sigh, oh how I miss my Peoplemover! Not only did I love the ride, it was never insanely crowded. And on many a busy day (4th of July, New Years Eve) I would really enjoy relaxing on the Peoplemover and watching the crowd. SIGH!

SzczerbiakManiac
12-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Wow, a Tomorrowland full of attarctions....

Thank you Zap (for posting) and Kevin (for creating)! :D

Morrigoon
12-10-2003, 03:04 PM
why can't I get to this link? Has it been taken down already?

Not Afraid
12-10-2003, 03:27 PM
Awwwww. I do miss the People Mover. However, I hate the cars in this version. They are very "Plain Wrap" and not as cool as the original bright colors.

Cool to see at least one mural still intact.

I can't wait to watch it thoroughly (and loudly) at home. Meanwhile, I will humm the PM song until I get there.

Kevy Baby
12-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
why can't I get to this link? Has it been taken down already? Its a big ol' honkin' file - about 50 MB. If you're on a dial-up; fahget about it!

Morrigoon
12-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Actually I have an ethernet hookup to one of the original 4 public nodes on the internet. Must just be my computer. :(

Kevin Yee
12-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Everyone is very welcome to save a copy of my video, and please do share it around.

I wasn't necessarily going to announce it on all boards on the same day, as I worry about overloading my server, but now that the cat's out of this bag, please enjoy.

I'm assembling a PeopleMover website and am welcoming submitted photos. I need hundreds! Please only send yours, not ones you found online. email kevin@miceage.com if you have any to share. Thanks!

Disneyfreak
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I felt like crying during this video because it was a painful reminder of how our tomorrowland really looks today......:(

mandi2728
12-10-2003, 04:04 PM
This is the first I have ever seen of this ride, its very cool to see!!

Cadaverous Pallor
12-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I just watched the whole thing at work but sans sound. I'll definitely watch it again when I get home! Thank you Kevin for recording a chunk of history for us then giving us access...and zapp, looks like your inability to understand "off limits" has given us an advance look at Kevin's site. ;)

So many losses.....and nothing to be gained from it. If only they'd replaced all those wonderful attractions with even more wonderful offerings instead of cheap things and empty buildings....<sigh>

One thing that is also evident in the video please don't kill me is that the look/style of Tomorrowland did need to be freshened up. Too bad they screwed that up big time. What a botched job.

Ghoulish Delight
12-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Suddenly my feet feel much better and I feel alltogether relaxed and pleased with life.

:( I miss the People Mover.

merlinjones
12-10-2003, 05:39 PM
>>One thing that is also evident in the video please don't kill me is that the look/style of Tomorrowland did need to be freshened up. Too bad they screwed that up big time. What a botched job.<<

Tomorrowland should've been redone like the incredible Encounter Theme Restaurant at LAX (an Imagineering remodel). They just made it groovier and more exaggerated and more Jetsons.

That's the model of what our Tomorrowland could be!

If you have never been there for dinner or just a drink, it's really worth a trip!

Not Afraid
12-10-2003, 05:41 PM
We just watched it at home...together, with sound, and made our own sound effects to accompany the video. They were: Awwwwww, OOOOHHHHHH! LOOOOOOOOKKKKKK!, Awwwwwww, :snif:.

The bright skyway buckets made me cry - and so did the square benches in the Circlevision waiting area. I really, really, really, really miss Tomorrowland.

cemeinke
12-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Tomorrowland should've been redone like the incredible Encounter Theme Restaurant at LAX (an Imagineering remodel). They just made it groovier and more exaggerated and more Jetsons....
If you have never been there for dinner or just a drink, it's really worth a trip!

Heck, the elevator ride alone is worth it - I always try to stop here when my travels take me to LAX. Definately a place for the hipsters of tomorrow
:cool:

And the People Mover Video? Awesome Kevin, can't wait to see the site.

Loric
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Wow..

Never realized how vastly different the two Peoplemover's are at WDW and DL. WDW's Tomorrowland Transit Authority is really nothing like DL's peoplemover.

Ghoulish Delight
12-10-2003, 10:01 PM
One minor drawback of Kevin's video...the dubbed sound. I was hoping for good 'ol camcorder audio. The video's not half as charming as it would have been with the wonderful ambient crowd noise and hum/rattle of the People Mover in action. Of course, just makes me wonder what foul things Kevin must have been spouting while filiming that he had to dub over it. :D

crinklebat
12-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
I felt like crying during this video because it was a painful reminder of how our tomorrowland really looks today......:(

I second that emotion. I was squealing and getting all choked up, and my roommate asked me what I was watching. It surfaced that she hasn't been to DL since 1995, so the video didn't seem all that remarkable to her. So, naturally, I had to get out a few maps and show her how the park has changed since last she went...

TP2000
12-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Gosh, Tomorrowland used to be fun and have actual rides! I almost forgot about that.

Kevin Yee
12-11-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
One minor drawback of Kevin's video...the dubbed sound. I was hoping for good 'ol camcorder audio. The video's not half as charming as it would have been with the wonderful ambient crowd noise and hum/rattle of the People Mover in action. Of course, just makes me wonder what foul things Kevin must have been spouting while filiming that he had to dub over it. :D

I have the original of course. You can't hear very much peoplemover rattle in it, the music is highly muted, and yes, we are saying incredibly dumb things to each other. Sample: we keep pointing out the electrical outlets - you can see the camera look there too - and exclaiming "400 volts... NOT AN OUTLET" (which is what an orange sign over the outlet said (also in the video near Circle-Vision).

We had an entire routine of such things we say back and forth at each other during the ride. Honestly, the only word that applies is "ritual." Sniff. I miss my ride.

HBTiggerFan
12-11-2003, 08:17 AM
:sniff: :crying: I'd love to see this but I'm on dial-up :crying:

Demigod121
12-11-2003, 08:23 AM
HBTF - if Kevin doesn't mind, I could burn it to a CDROM and mail it to you...?

No problem at all here! :D

-Demigod

Not Afraid
12-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Demigod121
HBTF - if Kevin doesn't mind, I could burn it to a CDROM and mail it to you...?

No problem at all here! :D

-Demigod

GET YOURSELF TO A MEET!:p ;)