PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Choir Performing in DCA This Saturday (May 28th)!

bigrockstar
05-23-2016, 08:13 PM
An invitation!

I direct the choir program at a high school in Oregon and our Jazz Choir is performing in DCA this Saturday, the 28th!
Time: 1:00 PM.

Grab an Award Wiener or a fruit Schmoozie and come watch these kids sing their hearts out!

Here's our set list:

"Never Give Up" by Ken Kraintz
"The Flintstones Theme" by Hoyt Curtin, Arr. Dave Barduhn
"Blackbird" by Lennon and McCartney, Arr. Gary Rosen
"You Make My Dreams" by Allen, Hall and Oates, Arr. Kelly Kunz
"I Get Along Without You Very Well" by Hoagy Carmichael, Arr. Phil Mattson
"Avenue C" by Lambert, Hendricks and Ross, Arr. Matt Falker
"Brazilia" by Clapp and Herbert, Arr. Joe Herbert

Here is one of the recordings we used in our application to perform in the park:
YouTube Link! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKrZrYu9V1I)

I've seen big crowds and small crowds for these shows. It sure is validating for these kids to have a nice audience at their performance.
We hope to see you there! :cool:

tea4two
05-23-2016, 11:12 PM
Thank you for the invite! What a memorable opportunity for these kids. :)

Berry Princess
05-24-2016, 10:33 AM
I hope they have a great performance and a good crowd watching. As well as that more than anything those kids enjoy every moment of this chance they got to perform there!!!

bigrockstar
05-31-2016, 11:58 AM
We had a great crowd and a wonderful experience!

Lots of people stopped to watch. Our workshop was led by a phenomenal musician who has recently recorded in studio for Phineas and Ferb, Zootopia and World of Warcraft! All around, a wonderful experience.

Sad the canoes were closed. It's one of my favorite things to do in DL. "Frozen" was rife with technical glitches that may have been solved with more rehearsal or a soft opening. Overall, a wonderful trip!