PDA

View Full Version : No more Visa prints

bumblebeeonarose
05-16-2016, 07:34 AM
Someone mentioned on another board they were not given a print for the Visa Meet and Greet but instead were given a download code. They were told the policy had been in effect for about a month. I looked on the Visa site, and sure enough it says

At the Disneyland® Resort, stop by our private location–reserved just for Cardmembers–to meet and pose with some of your favorite Disney Characters. You’ll receive downloads of your photos, too! Just present your Disney Visa Card to enter this exclusive event, offered daily 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM inside Disney California Adventure® Park in Hollywood Land (next to Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!).

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I guess with the rights to the print you can decide what to do with the picture and get a traditional 4X6 if you like. It also means we don't have to go to the photo place and order the prints. But it was kind of nice to have the prints too, though I admit that most of them are just sitting in a box...

candles71
05-16-2016, 08:51 AM
I know WDW went to digital prints before our March trip to DL. It came up in a FB discussion. In March, we still got a voucher for a print, which I picked up, but then ALL of the meet and greet photos were open to download in my photopass account. We had only done the M&G with Kylo once, but there were several pictures as DD was Disney bounding as Rey and they had quite the interaction.

queenbetsey
05-17-2016, 04:49 AM
kind of bummed about this. but then I can get the other pics to so it is not too bad. uploaded them to snapfish then printed at walgreens for in store pick up (you can pay cash if you want) they are reasonably priced and can do this on the way home even

adriennek
05-17-2016, 06:09 AM
I actually love this very much. SO much more flexible. If there's more than one person in your group, get a picture for everyone!

TTFN92
05-17-2016, 10:09 PM
I like this. This would make it easy to post to Facebook without having to scan it. Plus, I've never been a fan of his they print it. I'd prefer to get a real photo printed. At Sam's Club a 5x7 is like 98¢.

Sailorjedi
05-19-2016, 05:13 PM
Not happy about it, just another way to cut costs. :P

sjhanksaz
05-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Great idea

It will cost less than a dollar to print it at Costsco.

Last time I waited in line till almost 1 AM to get my free photo - I could have been back at the hotel sleeping instead of waiting in line after hours when the park is closed and I am dead tired.

Dr. G
05-24-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm a fan. I loved not having to wait in line at the Photo Shop. And we could download ALL the pictures in the Visa area--didn't have to pick just one. :)