PDA

View Full Version : "steps in time" will maybe be gone in the future

JPirate23
09-25-2001, 06:10 PM
i just read jim hill's column today in LP that "steps in time" will be replaced by "Blast".
i've never seen the show but i think anything would be better than "steps in time" . and it will happen sometime in january 2002!!!
i hope that's true.:)

Napsto
09-25-2001, 07:32 PM
i think anything would bebetter than steps in time.

Morrigoon
09-25-2001, 09:12 PM
I think a bald guy smashing fruit with a wooden sledgehammer on stage would be better than Steps in Time..... oh wait, that's Gallagher, he's pretty funny, heheheh......

zapppop
09-25-2001, 09:29 PM
I was amazed at how horrible Steps In Time really is when I saw it.
The story was weak and had no connection to most of the songs the characters were singing.
It was just a mess.

You wanna see a good show in DCA, there are 3:

1) Chance To Shine
2) Golden Dreams
3) Eureka! ( okay so it's a parade. Hey It's still way better ! )

Morrigoon
09-25-2001, 09:33 PM
Even having been warned of how bad Steps in Time was, I insisted on seeing it for myself. And on subsequent trips, with those who have also heard, but wish to see, no amount of convincing changes their determination to see it for themself. So I sit back and laugh. "Oooookay, go if you want to! I'll just stay out here and watch "the girls" (chance to shine)." No amount of begging is getting me in to THAT show again! I sat through the whole thing the first time, because I'm too polite to walk out on a show, but I'm not polite enough to last through it a second time.

Ralph Wiggum
09-25-2001, 10:23 PM
RE: Blast!

I have tickets to see blast at the Orange County Performing Arts Center soon. I looked on ticketmaster and the show still has performances around the country through June 2002. It makes me kinda doubt it would come to DCA. If it did, I would think it would take an additional cost to see it (40ish bucks). My oppinion!

Morrigoon
09-25-2001, 10:34 PM
Wish they'd get some real shows....

I'd love to see Les Mis or Phantom there (though I doubt the stage has the depth required by those technically complex shows)

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 12:05 AM
That and they aren't disney owned shows, plus few people would want to see an annotated version. I have heard that the main lady in the show looks like Julie Brown, since she is kinda ditsy and has that vibrant red hair, any comfirmations?

DisneyFreak2000
09-28-2001, 10:59 PM
Here's an idea: Create a New Show! It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this one out. Obviously DCA isn't going with the hip, but back to the classical and family so throw in Beauty and the Beast or make a 20 minute stage production of Snow White or one of the other popular princess movies. All they have to do is pick a movie, make a set, create costumes and they have a good show. Mix their music together like in the princess melody of Fatasmic! First a 5 min number with Snow White, then 5 with Cinderella, then Sleepin Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and you have a show.. call it "The Princess Musical" or somehing. Disney has tons of classical storylines that appeal to all audiences, they just need to choose one.

Nigel2
09-28-2001, 11:06 PM
If they would at least give in to their "Few Connections to Disneyland" then they could actually do that. That acutally would be nice to see, but anyshow is good on a hot day if you want to sleep, or wait for a fast pass to mature.:D