PDA

View Full Version : multiple popcorn flavors at Cozy Cone

cstephens
05-05-2016, 03:21 PM
I'd noticed that the Cozy Cone that sells popcorn now has multiple flavors that they sell all the time. Here's a picture of what's available. (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/724368225002123264) Oh, I just noticed, today's sign included white cheddar, which wasn't on the picture when I took it a couple weeks ago.

I had a chance to go by today. I wanted to try one of the new popcorn flavors, and the garlic parmesan sounded good, so I ordered that. I also got a chance to see their new system, since they now offer quite a number of flavors. When you order a flavor, they take a scoop of popcorn and pour it into a tub. Then they spoon the appropriate topping for the flavor you ordered, close the tub, shake it to distribute the topping, then put it into the container to give to you. Repeat for whatever flavors you ordered. This takes a lot longer than normal, since there's only one CM, so the line moves very slowly. Maybe once they figure out this is popular with the multiple flavors, they'll have two CMs working together.

I really liked the garlic parmesan, and the flavor of both is very evident. It's a bit salty but that might be skewed because I didn't have any liquids with it. Having something to drink with it would probably dilute the building flavor. I think they put in three scoops of flavor. Maybe next time, I'll ask for just two. It's a bit messy because there's a lot of residue, kind of like when you eat Cheetos. ‪#‎garlicparmesandustfingers‬

oregontraveler
05-05-2016, 04:15 PM
WOW, thanks for the update. It would seem they could use another CM to handle the new system.

AnotherJenny
05-05-2016, 07:56 PM
I took a picture on April 6th and the white cheddar flavor was there. My guess is that they were temporarily out of it, rather than a flavor rotation. Of all the ones I tried when they first introduced flavors my favorite was sweet and spicy, so I was kind of hoping for a rotation.

TTFN92
05-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Our favorite is dill pickle and they don't always have it so this is great to be able to get it anytime we go :). Buffalo ranch would be interesting to try. I'd love the white cheddar.

olegc
05-09-2016, 03:18 PM
.... This takes a lot longer than normal, since there's only one CM, so the line moves very slowly. Maybe once they figure out this is popular with the multiple flavors, they'll have two CMs working together....

WOW, thanks for the update. It would seem they could use another CM to handle the new system.

Not likely in the current cost cutting mode (LET them stand in line)..

Thanks for the review cstephens

sjhanksaz
05-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Let them eat cake, or I mean Popcorn.