PDA

View Full Version : Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

potzbie
05-05-2016, 08:39 AM
If there is any "land" which is short on "theme-ing", I nominate DCA's Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

I would like that 'land' changed into something which hangs together better.

Here is my first idea:
• An "Old Yeller" / "Where the Red Fern Grows" forest, where dogs can hunt raccoons, and pre-electricity homesteads could be walked through.

Not to be confused with the "pioneer family" of the current DirecTV commercial. ;)

Q. Yes? No? Other?

stan4d_steph
05-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is part of the Grizzly Peak area, themed to California's parks and wild lands.

candles71
05-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is part of the Grizzly Peak area, themed to California's parks and wild lands.
It is perfectly themed for the area of the park it resides in. I like that they switched the available characters from Brother Bear to Wilderness Explorers. It is a milder Disney theme in an area of peacefulness and letting the kids run some energy off. (They aren't mutually exclusive.) Climbing, swinging, sliding, duck races, it is a nice respite just as it is.

Princess Aurora Fan
05-09-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm new to this place and this is my first post but what I have hear is they don't have any characters there anymore. Disney took out Dug & Russell so as of right now there isn't any characters there now. But I wouldn't mine them every now and then put some back. U can have Kenia & Koda back for a little bit then change it to the character to UP then maybe have the Country Bears there. That be so nice for them to do and it would fit these characters prefect.

olegc
05-09-2016, 03:25 PM
and if it ever were to change - my guess is it won't be Old Yeller/Fern Grows themed or referenced. I bet 20% of the guests at the parks at any given time know what those are. And how would these two "hang" together better. Old Yeller was not in the forest, it was at a ranch along the plains in Texas.

sjhanksaz
05-09-2016, 05:40 PM
It would be a depressing place.

Heaven forbid if anyone got hurt while in there or bit by a rabid squirrel.

fishgal
05-12-2016, 01:04 PM
That's one of my favorite places in DCA. It would be sad if they remove the wilderness training part of it. I hope they still offer dug and russel but i know things move on. I do hope that they keep the area though because i love the woods of CA. :)

sjhanksaz
05-13-2016, 01:55 PM
That's one of my favorite places in DCA. It would be sad if they remove the wilderness training part of it. I hope they still offer dug and russel but i know things move on. I do hope that they keep the area though because i love the woods of CA. :)

Like soaring over CA, this adventure area will become Woods of the World

I hope not. I love CA woods too